• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Well, considering these bi/weeklies (bi-weeklies or alternate day weeklies?) will have a huge impact on us being able to rank each other, I think it would be a good idea to have a PR. But I think it's too soon to start nominating PR's. Let's see who will attend the bi/weeklies, as well as people with good experience of the game and who places decently accordingly. Also we need someone to place Shiz last. :)

Also, how the hell would once a week with alternating days split up the community? That makes no sense at all. Just come to these events if you want to come, I'm not going to be "OMG thursday sux I only go wednesday bye", if I can make Thursdays I will go to Thursdays, which means once a week for me. It gives everyone a chance to participate at least once every 2 weeks, and it gives us a ton more practice for stuff such as WC vs EC and our little canadian OC2. It's great for new members and noobs alike, as well as great for us. If Gamersworld owner sees the potential of this business, and he gets like 25 people each time with more noobs coming, and he's getting advertising via "word on the street", will he not accomodate to help out his business?

In all honesty, the biggest worry I have is a Halo 2 nurd will steal our idea and our venue and we'd be forced to find a new one :p

My grandfather even came up with the idea of having the smash event twice a week, wednesday thursday. It's easily and obviously feasible with little work involved. I really don't care though, if we get once a week (or once every 2 weeks even), I'd be more than satisfied.

Max, on Wednesdays, meet me there early for some BG2 Lan XP.

Anyways, I'm all for Power Rankings....where would I place...under no mercy (3), HH (4), AoG (4, sorry rick =P), jarc, and I'm starting to think elef only got lucky last time we played XD.
So woohoo, 13th best in Montreal. Go me =X

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think elef only got lucky last time we played XD.
So woohoo, 13th best in Montreal. Go me =X
go **** yourself maybe?

hey guys from the MTL thread, joel didnt even beat me once last time he came over, so its fair to say he'll be ranked 14 and under. biiiiiiiiittttttttcccccchhhhh.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
You must spread around some reputation before giving it to ThatGuy again.

Don't do too many events. It's called bi-weeklie for a reason. One day wednesday, 2 weeks later thursday. If it happens to often, it loses its appeal it gets "common".

The PR should be for EC Canada, so that would include T.O., O-town, and MTL. This also means that it'll take 1 or two members from each town to discuss the PR with a non-biased view on the community.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I'll give the last one to ye elef, I'll just take lucky #13 when I head to them bi-weeklies and **** you.

So I'm 14 whee =)

Oh yeah, I wanna crew with people now and find a steady teammate=/ I guess I get to see at them weeks ahead =)

cemo

white walker
When the biweeklies get off the ground I'll bring some of my noob friends so they can learn a few things.

Like the Falco that doesn't use shine combos. D;

Vwins

Smash Ace
You must spread around some reputation before giving it to ThatGuy again.

Don't do too many events. It's called bi-weeklie for a reason. One day wednesday, 2 weeks later thursday. If it happens to often, it loses its appeal it gets "common".

The PR should be for EC Canada, so that would include T.O., O-town, and MTL. This also means that it'll take 1 or two members from each town to discuss the PR with a non-biased view on the community.
lol c ca jai dit dans mon premier post pis tu mas dis que cétait pas correct -_-

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
oh come on, dont tell me we're going to waste our gamer's world time in teams. i just want to concentrate in singles.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah its not a bad idea. We should vote for one or two person from each region ( ottawa, toronto, montreal) that will make a EC power ranking.
Désolé, j'avais mal lu, j'avais pensé que tu voulais faire un powerranking nous-même. Mea culpa.

EDIT: Elef, people should be able to use their time there however they want. If you want to do teams, do teams, do singles only if you want as well. We're gonna have like 4-6 hours to do that, so don't worry. Some people actually like to do teams (me for one).

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Elef, people should be able to use their time there however they want. If you want to do teams, do teams, do singles only if you want as well. We're gonna have like 4-6 hours to do that, so don't worry. Some people actually like to do teams (me for one).
true, true.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Chet teach me team strats on the 21st =(

Hey I forgot to tell you guys...I got a haircut! =) Super short too...

I would want to suggest implementing these bi-weeklies ASAP, if possible, could we start on the 29th (2 wednesdays from now, not including tomorrow...ish) and then alternate thursday/wednesday once every 2 weeks from there? I think it's a reasonable date.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
teams FTW! Elef dont like teams because nobody wants to team with him haha lol :p
yeah well 4 players on screen is hard for me since i have like 20-100 vision. (k im not sure worse is a high number, so lets just say my eyes havent been working well for like ever) but it all might change soon. muahahahah

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
K ben jvoudrais poster mon mot sur le PR.

Si ya un power ranking à grandeur du EC, je voudrais que ce qui en est dit soit propre. C'est 100% sûr que yaura du mécontentement, vous êtes pas obligés de le dire pareil.

J'ai un peu peur de ce qui en suivra par la suite, j'ai peur du flaming parce que yen aura, jsuis certain pis ca fait toujours chier de warner le monde pour ça parce que jme dis que ca les empêche pas de continuer pareil...

Je warnerai personne qui posteront en trashtalk dans le futur thread de PR, ca sert à rien, mais si vous m'offrez la chance de fermer le power ranking avec vos excès, ca prendra un moment avant que la deuxième chance se pointe. J'dirais que je vous mets en essai si jpeux dire ca comme ca...

Mais même là, je vous dis Have Fun.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
K ben jvoudrais poster mon mot sur le PR.

Si ya un power ranking à grandeur du EC, je voudrais que ce qui en est dit soit propre. C'est 100% sûr que yaura du mécontentement, vous êtes pas obligés de le dire pareil.

J'ai un peu peur de ce qui en suivra par la suite, j'ai peur du flaming parce que yen aura, jsuis certain pis ca fait toujours chier de warner le monde pour ça parce que jme dis que ca les empêche pas de continuer pareil...

Je warnerai personne qui posteront en trashtalk dans le futur thread de PR, ca sert à rien, mais si vous m'offrez la chance de fermer le power ranking avec vos excès, ca prendra un moment avant que la deuxième chance se pointe. J'dirais que je vous mets en essai si jpeux dire ca comme ca...

Mais même là, je vous dis Have Fun.
Personellement, jcrois que le PR thread devrait être closed and stickied comme le USA PR. y'a moins de marde même. anyway, le monde sur la liste se fiche du PR. y'a juste le monde off list qui chiale d'habitude. Pis si j'y pense, y'a personne sur une liste possible EC Can qui chialerait la dessus, so...

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Personellement, jcrois que le PR thread devrait être closed and stickied comme le USA PR. y'a moins de marde même. anyway, le monde sur la liste se fiche du PR. y'a juste le monde off list qui chiale d'habitude. Pis si j'y pense, y'a personne sur une liste possible EC Can qui chialerait la dessus, so...
Spass même si jle stick pis jle close, on va en parler dans ce thread là ici!
pis c'est faux de dire que le monde vont se contenter de leur position dans le ranking =|

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I would actually appreciate the debate over rankings, it would spark more interest and competitive spirit. If flames erupt, then they are douche bags and we will handle them as seen fit.

i think if we made PR, it would have to be a seperate thread, and leave it open. Also, I think EC Canada is a bit much, considering it's like....Montreal....Ottawa....Toronto....Nova Scotia (lol)....it's not like we all see each other every 2 days =/ I think we should stick to our representative region/provinces. Quebec IS the size of many countries in Europe after all =P same for Ontario.

By the beard of Ken! This topic's hot.

Card

Smash Lord
i think if we made PR, it would have to be a seperate thread, and leave it open. Also, I think EC Canada is a bit much, considering it's like....Montreal....Ottawa....Toronto....Nova Scotia (lol)....it's not like we all see each other every 2 days =/ I think we should stick to our representative region/provinces. Quebec IS the size of many countries in Europe after all =P same for Ontario.
Just wondering... can someone explain to me why we can't have 2 PR Commitee's? One for EC Canada, and One for Montreal only?

oh wait... :dizzy:

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I was to post a list of 10 people that should be on the list, nobody here would have anything to say about that.There are 10 people imo that should and will be on the list.

If I look at the previous tournaments (excluding SFF which was after the tournament frenzy), all the best from Montreal and Ottawa were there. The guys from Toronto were there as well except at the last ToS2 (except for Andy, cuz you know, Andy owns at life).

Also, I believe that there should be a PR for EC Canada, and not just Montreal. Every time that the top players from MTL were there, Ottawa was there as well, and I think T.O. wasn't there one time. So that's my opinion.

ThatGuy said:
If flames erupt, then they are douche bags and we will handle them as seen fit.
Amen to that.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Should we keep waiting for replies to Jarc's e-mail to other internet cafés/gaming stores?
Seems like everyone's pretty much ghey for Gamers' World, so I wouldn't mind sealing the deal with the guy in hopes of starting this as early as next week.

So alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays every two weeks with the first event happening on a Thursday due to votes (and, come on, I want to attend at least the first one lol).

Oh yeah, we still didn't settle for the schedule... I guess I should mail him to see what the fee would be for longer events. What's the earliest we could do this? Are there really a handful of people who would actually get there at 16h? :o

Vwins

Smash Ace
I vote for 16h like I said before but it depends also if we must pay more than 5 bucks. And I don't thinkk we should wait for jarc's e-mail because it will take the same time as ToS2 videos :p . nah really Game world seems to be a good place.

swordgard

Smash Hero
dammit i cant go to any that means, because i got School on wednesday and thursday and it finishes at 4:45, doesnt anyone prefer saturday?

JustaPnoy

Smash Apprentice
so are we doing bi weeklies on thursday? or are we gonna switch it up every two weeks? (wednesday - 2 weeks - thursday - 2 weeks ...) and when are we gonna start 'em?

Anyways PRs sound awesome, but i'd be like 1000th =/.. bahh

cF=)

Smash Lord
Le poll semble pas mal terminé et on remarque que les Jeudis et Mercredis semblent dominer dans le coeur des smashers de Montreal.

Tout ce qu'il reste a faire, c'est obtenir le feu vert d'Agora, une date précise où commencerons les Bi-weeklies, savoir comment on va alterner les journées et à quel heure vont commencer les games.

Pour les PR, je vote qu'un membre élite (being whoever) se construise un comité en suivant les regles qui sont affiché sur smashboards. C'est sur que l'esprit de compétition va être stimuler si on veut se classer dans le top 10.

Top Bottom