• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
ThatGuy said:
I don't care if TO comes to our tournaments, that will influence OUR power ranking to be sure based on THEIR power rankings, but having only top 15 for 2 provinces with huge communities? Nothx
I guess I should take the time to answer to that one.

I see some people that want a PR for Montreal and surroundings. Nothing wrong with that. I just want to say a few things...

I suggest you go around the regional boards and look at the rules and factors taken in account when making those. I think I saw only one PR where it specifically said "bi-weeklies will be taken in account from now on for the PR". That being said, when I looked at the list I know none of the smashers there.

Moreover, I'd like to point out the fact that most threads have a clause that say "****ty tournament wins with 100 noobs do not count towards the PR". I'm mentionning this because I think that, YES, it does make sense that "Our" (Wherever the **** that came from) power ranking gets influenced by the Ontarian community because they are intertwined with us. They come to our tournies, we go to theirs. Whenever one does a tournament, they expect the other to be there.

That being said, please note that the reason there are only 15 people on the list is because we couldn't even get to 20 people, let alone 25. From spot 17, it all becomes a toss up between smashers, because either they don't have enough tournament experience to judge their placings, either they all place relatively low at each and every single tournament they went to. So basically, if we were to do a PR with 25 people, we could simply put a list of 1 through 16, and put 9 smashers tied for 17th because no one would ****ing know how to put one of top of the other.

So basically, if you want to do a Montreal Power Ranking, I'm having no discussion in it, and I hope you have a good ****ing laugh when you get a list of 25 people, with 17 equal in skills.

(If you got pissed while reading this message, don't worry: I don't give a **** :))

EDIT: It's certain that the PR will get bigger over time, but that's only if certain smashers step up. So you want in? Do something that'll get you noticed. Go to more tournaments, pierce top 17, good luck.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Why would I get pissed? Valid opinion. Thanks for addressing that.

BUT, top 15 is IMO still way too little for two provinces. I can count off my digits how many we have... Hell I'll list now

HH(4...3?), No mercy (3), AoG (4...5...6?), H4, Elef, me, Jarc (if he doesn't count for AoG), Rick (if he doesn't count for AoG), That Neon crew (5?), then the other people less active like Pnoy, Shiz, Kage, Sony, Gino, Paty...can't think of others, sorry if I forgot you =(.

20-21 active, 6 inactive, for Montreal (Or Quebec, but then we'd include Melaf).

NNR (...7? Lol), Pwn Party (3), GPwn's random scrub crew (4), Reaver, Fogel, Stos's crew (like 5?), Metaknight, sprocket, tmoC(still plays?), Ice44, Grmo, Jeffman...

27, give or take some, active, in Ontario.

I might be off on numbers, but I'm pointing out that maybe we should have a top 25-30 instead of 15.

HH(3), NNR(5), No Mercy (3), Ganonpwns crew(4), Pwn Party(3). The most active crews IIRC with minimal numbers there, and we already have 18 people.

Reconsider please?

Vwins

Smash Ace
mmm comme chester a dit ya beaucoup de monde dans ceux que ta nommé qui nont pas assez faite de tournoi regroupant ottawa-montreal-toronto. On peut pas les évaluer si il nont jamais jouer dans un tournoi contre le 3/4 des meilleurs joueurs. Exemple, metaknight, sprocket, tmoc ice44, la moitié des NNR et j'en passe ne sont pas venus au dernier tournoi montreal-ottawa. Pour les personnes de montreal, sony et gino sont presque pu dans la communauté et ils ont faite 2 tournoi en 1ans. Pnoy, kage et toute les nouveaux de montreal un tournoi c assez pour les évaluer? Shiz il joue encore ? je lai pas vu dans les derniers tournois. Pour le reste c difficile évaluer des joueurs quand il se rendent pas assez loins dans les tournois et souvent ils finissent à des positions égales.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
mmm comme chester a dit ya beaucoup de monde dans ceux que ta nommé qui nont pas assez faite de tournoi regroupant ottawa-montreal-toronto. On peut pas les évaluer si il nont jamais jouer dans un tournoi contre le 3/4 des meilleurs joueurs. Exemple, metaknight, sprocket, tmoc ice44, la moitié des NNR et j'en passe ne sont pas venus au dernier tournoi montreal-ottawa. Pour les personnes de montreal, sony et gino sont presque pu dans la communauté et ils ont faite 2 tournoi en 1ans. Pnoy, kage et toute les nouveaux de montreal un tournoi c assez pour les évaluer? Shiz il joue encore ? je lai pas vu dans les derniers tournois. Pour le reste c difficile évaluer des joueurs quand il se rendent pas assez loins dans les tournois et souvent ils finissent à des positions égales.
qtf. anyway, it's being taken care of on msn.

Fogel

Smash Lord
NNR (...7? Lol), Pwn Party (3), GPwn's random scrub crew (4), Reaver, Fogel, Stos's crew (like 5?), Metaknight, sprocket, tmoC(still plays?), Ice44, Grmo, Jeffman...

I might be off on numbers, but I'm pointing out that maybe we should have a top 25-30 instead of 15.

HH(3), NNR(5), No Mercy (3), Ganonpwns crew(4), Pwn Party(3). The most active crews IIRC with minimal numbers there, and we already have 18 people.

Reconsider please?
Hey! I'm part of Pwn Party! Also NNR has more like 12 people or something now :)

Dice

Smash Lord
Why would I get pissed? Valid opinion. Thanks for addressing that.

BUT, top 15 is IMO still way too little for two provinces. I can count off my digits how many we have... Hell I'll list now

HH(4...3?), No mercy (3), AoG (4...5...6?), H4, Elef, me, Jarc (if he doesn't count for AoG), Rick (if he doesn't count for AoG), That Neon crew (5?), then the other people less active like Pnoy, Shiz, Kage, Sony, Gino, Paty...can't think of others, sorry if I forgot you =(.

20-21 active, 6 inactive, for Montreal (Or Quebec, but then we'd include Melaf).

Reconsider please?
What the hell in a half? So there's approx. 40 people active in EC smash community. You want a PR of the top 20, that being HALF of the active smashers? I think that is ridiculous. It is hard enough ranking positions 11-15, let alone positions 15-20. And some of those people are still learning the game (Stos's crew for example), so they wouldn't even be in consideration for even top 20 (no offence to Stos and his crew, but you guys are still learning the advanced part of the game).

What I'm trying to say is top 20 is way too big for our smash community which is relatively small. Looking at the USA PR, it's top 20 out of all the people in the states. And from what I've read in their thread, even for them, spots 15-20 is a toss up.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
What the hell in a half? So there's approx. 40 people active in EC smash community. You want a PR of the top 20, that being HALF of the active smashers? I think that is ridiculous. It is hard enough ranking positions 11-15, let alone positions 15-20. And some of those people are still learning the game (Stos's crew for example), so they wouldn't even be in consideration for even top 20 (no offence to Stos and his crew, but you guys are still learning the advanced part of the game).

What I'm trying to say is top 20 is way too big for our smash community which is relatively small. Looking at the USA PR, it's top 20 out of all the people in the states. And from what I've read in their thread, even for them, spots 15-20 is a toss up.
Spoke with chet about that. I understand.

Mindgames son.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
WOOT!

George "Rush" St-Pierre from Montreal, QC just defeated American Matt Huges in an official UFC (American) Championship match for the Welterweight title!

CANADA HAS THE BELT NOW! :O

George ended tonight with an MMA record 13 wins and 1 loss, suffering that only loss from Matt Huges in the past. Matt Huges is know as one of the most dominent fighters in the UFC with an MMA record of 54 wins and 5 losses (Getting this off the top of my head here), and he hasn't lost for approxamately 4 years prior to tonight.

George led a very dominating performance in the first round, keeping a defensive attidtue and sporting many jabs and inside-leg-kicks. George on 2 occations in the first round accidentally caught Huges in the groin, and finished the round very strongly with a very nice combination of jabs, a super-man punch, and several combinations with Huges on the ground.

The second round was quite the same where George led defensively with jabs and leg kicks. Then about 2 minutes into the second round, Huges left himself open on the right, allowing George to get in a high kick to his head. Huges, falling to the ground gave George the opportunity to get on top of Huges and lay on several punches to the head, and after landing several concussive elbows to Huges's head, the match was stopped declaring George St-Pierre the victor, and new WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! :O :O :O :O

Montreal thread? said:
Not toaster, PRETZEL!

Better yet, PRETZEL TOASTER!

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Cemo talking about testrider:
"testrider is a cool guy"
"i shared a car ride with him, he seemed funny"

oh my god, good times...

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
So I started waiting in line for a Wii at 10:15pm last night, by 10:26 I was ready to put a hole in a wall I was so annoyed and bored, and by 10:33 I was gone. Awesomez.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Gamers' World wants to start this Thursday (November 23rd)!

Here are the latest details:

- They'll make a poster advertising the event for the store.
- Fee from 16h to 23h would be 10$ (averages 1.40$/hour if you stay all seven hours). Drops to 5$ (1.25$/hour if you stay the four hours) for anyone coming in after 19h.
- Prizes for tournies to be discussed.
- Storage space will depend on how much there is to store and how easily it can be stored.
- Alternating between Thursday and Wednesday is not a problem!

It's on, peeps!
http://www.gamersworld.ca/
Phone: 1-514-788-5389

Street Address:
4986 Queen Mary
Montreal, QC H3W 1X2

Directions:
Public Transport: Accross the street from Snowdon Metro
Car: Take Queen Mary - two blocks east from Decarie.

-------------------------------------

So far we have:

Cubes:
- Me (bring back with me)
- Chester
- Jarc
- VWins

TV:
- Jarc

Game & Memory cards:
- Pretty much everyone. Just bring them to be sure.

Are these still on? Will you leave your Cubes / TVs at Gamers' World?
We need one or two more TVs!

-------------------------------------

- Who's up for this Thursday?
- When do you intend to come, and with what equipment?

I'll bring Cube, Game, Mem Card and be there around 19h, probably a little before.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
To be frank, I'd be surprised if the guy wanted to start keeping track of how long every single Smasher's been in his store and if their times are up.

Top Bottom