• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Damax

Smash Lord
my second 2 cents: we miss elders.

My 10 pennies: we can discuss PR here, Most EC look here anyway: jake + Dice + rimi+gpwn+bleh. It'll make something to talk for rather than "trying" to pwn wak, RaIph styled.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
We can talk here, but how will others view? I sometimes find myself checking out discussion of other power rankings, and I'm sure other people have checked out ours. That's the whole point.

JustaPnoy

Smash Apprentice
hmm. i say everyone should just be happy and stuff.. i don't understand how ppl are mad.
anger is teh badzors, yo.

(too lazy to spend time typing as much as you guys ^^^^^^)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
We can talk here, but how will others view? I sometimes find myself checking out discussion of other power rankings, and I'm sure other people have checked out ours. That's the whole point.
and I'm sure it looks marvelous. *Checks EC thread and see flames and mod dissing* The thread will make great advertising for our future tournaments. ¬_¬

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Like I said, forum disputes board has an open door if you want to make a complaint, or to me personally about something or someone. Glad to see this is cooling off pretty well.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
oh man the "i signed an argeement argument from the forums" sigh...

One day i hope chesterr01 picks up a wow, levels to 70 and says **** 3 times and gets his account banned, and he DOESNT question it one bit. that would be perfect. And yes this has happened -- ask vexed69.

i still love chesterr01 though, these opinions about various internet-goingson really dont have any bearing on how i treat people IRL, i've come to terms with the idea that im never going to agree with people 100% of the time and thats perfectly normal. I just hope that some of you are able to realize that too.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
vexed was a douche bag when it comes to posting in that thread, and I hate the fact that the thread was closed to due vexed being an idiot
The fact that it was closed due to vexed being an idiot? Maybe it's a fact that vexed is an idiot, but that doesn't account for why he closed the thread AFTER he said he would give me infractions (omg i care) and quoted all my posts. I said literally 0 things inbeween him telling me to stop and it being closed. You mean you hate the speculation that the thread was closed due to vexed being an idiot

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
i've come to terms that i'm never going to agree with anyone ever and that's normal

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
let's not forget he closed the montreal thread at some point. or should we forget it and start fresh again? im confused.

what i want to know is why he became mod here after he quit smash. i 'd really like to know that.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh man the "i signed an argeement argument from the forums" sigh...

One day i hope chesterr01 picks up a wow, levels to 70 and says **** 3 times and gets his account banned, and he DOESNT question it one bit. that would be perfect. And yes this has happened -- ask vexed69.

i still love chesterr01 though, these opinions about various internet-goingson really dont have any bearing on how i treat people IRL, i've come to terms with the idea that im never going to agree with people 100% of the time and thats perfectly normal.
I'll never ever play ... *remember marijuana*... I hope I never play WoW. Ever. I don't see why you would wish for such a thing though.

I can see that happening to vexed, his posts rarely have any value. Remember at your place, I told him "everytime I see vexed post I think he's a friggin idiot, then I remember it's you". Well I still stand by my word. I prefer rl Karl lol

P.S: I hate you on the internet.

EDIT: Elef, I know you don't read all of people's post. I said it already. He posts in other threads, like the pool room, the arts boards, the back rooms. He actually contributes with his own creation and with (I suppose) intelligent feedback.

vexed lol you double posted. That's like, 1 infraction point. Just pointing that out...

Dice

Smash Lord
i'm really the one who got the EC PR thread closed, because yes I did speak out about how I didn't agree with Wak said. I didn't realize that you are not allowed to speak your opinion.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Way to cut my quote, vexed. You could at least take the time to read the rest of the sentence.

And I agree, I do believe he closed the thread too quickly. Which is why I'm requesting for it to be re-opened. Nomsain?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm really the one who got the EC PR thread closed, because yes I did speak out about how I didn't agree with Wak said. I didn't realize that you are not allowed to speak your opinion.
I don't think you were the only one. Wak quoted vexed and jarc, and said that their posts were spam, at the time. He said "don't spam here, spam in the mtl thread, since that's one of the only places where spam was actually overlooked. Truth? Undeniable.

You then answer with not much trouble. He then explained why he thought you were wrong. Then Vwins one lined the thread with something not pertaining to the topic (which is iirc an infraction). He didn't say that you couldn't voice your opinion, he said not to spam and break the rules, but right after he said so, someone went and crapped on his shoes. It would have went on and on, just like it did here. (See my previous long post).

Thread should be reopened though, but not for the reasons you are advocating.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ROFL good point there

anyway nous les quebecois on est pas des redneck comme dans l'OKlahoma

http://OKlahoma.justgotowned.com

i'm no redneck.
i'm actually in 2 punk rock bands :\
i'm an actor and...basically a geek, too.

the point is, there are a couple of non-barbarian cities here, like Norman, Edmond, and Tulsa. though, not too many people know any other city than Oklahoma City.
so don't hate. i only have 7 months before i go to college in Connecticut, but i don't find my city to be hickish at all.

sorry, i'm not trying to spam, this post DID have a real purpose...
when the next big Canadian tourny, and will you have videos, specifically a new crew one?
also, if anyone wants to post here or PM me some video links of Canadian smashers (kind of hard to find individuals on the video forums since not every video recorded is up there), that would be awesome.
thank you :)

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
lol wow isn't remotely interesting? apparnetly 7 million people think that the WoW > WoE (world of earth)

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
ya i can host you chesterr01, btw we should go up to the cottage soon, my mommy says the basement is ready for good times.

i thought you were talking about marijuana as a good case and point for my argument in pointing out the hypocrisises of your reasoning where in the case of marijuana you believe that it is an unjust law so you do what they want, although they are bound by the "social contract" -- but i was wrong.

okay last post that i make that has anything of substance.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Ahhhh, hey guys, could one of you please pm Drew, saying that your not ticked off by our like 4 post of saying we owned you. It was just a joke, and we do it to every other thread when we steal there 1000th post, were sorry. But drew is like, "The only reason your thread is alive is because i dont want you all spamming in everyone elses!!!!!!!!!" And were like, man were sorry. So yah, could one of you please do that. Were really sorry if we did do something.

P.S. you guys better post alot if you hope to keep up lol.

Damax

Smash Lord
i'm no redneck.
i'm actually in 2 punk rock bands :\
i'm an actor and...basically a geek, too.

the point is, there are a couple of non-barbarian cities here, like Norman, Edmond, and Tulsa. though, not too many people know any other city than Oklahoma City.
so don't hate. i only have 7 months before i go to college in Connecticut, but i don't find my city to be hickish at all.

sorry, i'm not trying to spam, this post DID have a real purpose...
when the next big Canadian tourny, and will you have videos, specifically a new crew one?
also, if anyone wants to post here or PM me some video links of Canadian smashers (kind of hard to find individuals on the video forums since not every video recorded is up there), that would be awesome.
thank you :)
We thought about having our next crew battle against your crew. I hope you are as good for spamming as for smash.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Hum, I came back home from work + a second job interview and there was actually one FULL (ok almost) page of semi-constructive critisicm. We should be rewarded with the grand re-opening of the EC PR thread ~_~.

Chet as leader = not fun. I've been to soooo many places with him, so awkward.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I envy your abilities to speak French... I've been taking French for five years now, but I had a god awful teacher for the first two of them so I'm not as adept at speaking or understanding the language as I should be :( The most I can say about my French-speaking ability is "je parle un peu français".

I started to watch your crew vid once, but my computer didn't have enough memory to load most of it :ohwell: I'll have to go back and watch it someday when my hard drive isn't so full :dizzy:

Anyway, hopefully one of these days I'll be a good/important enough player to have the privelege to play against some of you.

Damax

Smash Lord
I envy your abilities to speak French... I've been taking French for five years now, but I had a god awful teacher for the first two of them so I'm not as adept at speaking or understanding the language as I should be :( The most I can say about my French-speaking ability is "je parle un peu français".

I started to watch your crew vid once, but my computer didn't have enough memory to load most of it :ohwell: I'll have to go back and watch it someday when my hard drive isn't so full :dizzy:

Anyway, hopefully one of these days I'll be a good/important enough player to have the privelege to play against some of you.
Its not like we wouldn't agree some matches against you, If we do that big tournament, you are more than welcome to join. Its even nicer since you speak french a little, also practice makes perfect so it would be a good experience for you to practice both smash wise and language wise.

Vwins

Smash Ace
So Wak spammed before, he didn't get much love from around these parts. He didn't do the smartest things either. But can we all agree when I say "People change"? There are more to smashworldforums than just tournament and regional threads. There's a debate hall, there's a pool room for various subjects, there are creative mind boards, as well as back room boards. Hence, Wak has gotten respect from other members from posting elsewhere, where the rep system actually is used.

He's just doing his job, but since he was hated because of his past, people just bash on him. If another mod would have done this, we would have had much more tempered reactions, but since it's wak, you guys just assume you can insult him, defy him, spit in his face. If you don't respect the man, respect his position. He is a moderator, and when you registered to the forums, you agreed to respect the mods and abide by the rules.

If you don't like how this website is ran, you can just go elsewhere. If you're going to stay here, stay in line. Getting pissed off over Internet fights is sooo lowly. Well, you "can" get pissed off and disagree with ****, but at least do it with discipline. Wak is just doing his job. I saw all the infractions that are moddable, and let's just say that if a mod decides to go over the last 2 weeks, a lot of people here would be gone. No, it's not "just as bad" in other threads, it's just a local problem.

Elef is a poopie pants LOL I r great? Why insult who he is? Stop flaming people, you don't look good when you do it.

I didn't get that.

EDIT:
He was assigned to these parts because he understands english, mostly french, and is learning other languages as well, so for the international community, he was suited for the job.

I can see that people don't want him because of his past. I understand that people aren't as forgetful or "forgiving" as me. If you guys want another mod from this thread that's neutral, it would have to be someone from Europe who speaks french as well. or someone around here.
Comment tu veux que je respecte quelqu'un qui a manqué de respect à plusieurs personne de la communauté de Montréal seulement parce qu'ils avaient des divergences d'opinions.

I don't think you were the only one. Wak quoted vexed and jarc, and said that their posts were spam, at the time. He said "don't spam here, spam in the mtl thread, since that's one of the only places where spam was actually overlooked. Truth? Undeniable.

You then answer with not much trouble. He then explained why he thought you were wrong. Then Vwins one lined the thread with something not pertaining to the topic (which is iirc an infraction). He didn't say that you couldn't voice your opinion, he said not to spam and break the rules, but right after he said so, someone went and crapped on his shoes. It would have went on and on, just like it did here. (See my previous long post).

Thread should be reopened though, but not for the reasons you are advocating.
lol j'ai reçu un avertissement de Wak à cause de mon post sur le costa rican. Je trouve qu'il abuse de son pouvoir de moderator. Il y a plusieurs personnes dans le international community qui font un spam post et qui recoivent pas d'avertissement. Si à chaque fois que tu te fais défier, tu utilises ton pouvoir pour te venger je ne trouve pas que c'est une bonne attitude de moderator. Il y a des personnes qui t'énerve dans la vie. Il faut que tu l'es endure et respect mais pour le moment il n'y a rien dans les agissements de wak qui me feront changer d'opinion.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
We thought about having our next crew battle against your crew. I hope you are as good for spamming as for smash.
i wasn't the spammer.
but yes, i dabble in smash :p
as a matter of fact, i'm not half bad. i think i'm going to FC this year, if it happens (don't see why not), so if any of you step inside the US for that, we'll have to get in some matches. and MAYBE one of us would play for the south team (KOS-MOS)...other than that, texas and arizona own it, so we'd have to set up our own little fun time for personal crews :)

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
****n i know vwins is dealing out something special, thats more motivating to learn french than opening job opportunties.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Its not like we wouldn't agree some matches against you, If we do that big tournament, you are more than welcome to join. Its even nicer since you speak french a little, also practice makes perfect so it would be a good experience for you to practice both smash wise and language wise.
Oh no, I'm not saying that you all would reject playing me, just that if I were to become an important player, I'd have more justification for travelling to big tournaments, and thus actually have opportunity to play against a much wider range of people. Sadly I have never been out-of-state for Smash yet :( I'm going to change that next year though. I'm going to bid for going to the next FC, so if all goes well maybe I'll end up playing some of you guys there.

Also, just ignore Shade, his ignorance is enough to be emetic.

Paty

Smash Apprentice
Wach y'a bin trop de posts trop longs, je les ai tous lus mais en diagonale...

C'est une bonne idée qu'on nous assigne un mod qui a pas d'antécédents comme disaient certains, mais c'est vraiment pas à cause de ça qu'on bash tellement dessus.

J'ai personnellement pas connu Wak. J'avais quitté Smashboards quand il est apparu, et quand je reviens il est mod et il me dit de pas faire le genre de posts que je faisais avant quand j'étais là.
J'ai juste trouvé ça bien bizarre, et quelques jours après il ferme l'autre thread de façon aussi bizarre. Donc pour moi, Wak est n'importe quel mod, je connais pas ses histoires de 'I have a girlfriend, I am quiting smash, etc'.

Ça me semble plutôt être une réaction en sens inverse qui se produit. Le fait qu'il ait été dans la communauté et qu'il était pas trop aimé (je sais pas trop, c'est selon ce que j'ai lu des derniers posts) fait qu'il va modder de façon différente ici, vu que j'entends dire qu'il est bon mod ailleurs...

Donc en conclusion, oui il faudrait un autre mod qui n'a pas d'antécédents négatifs, mais c'est plutôt pour que le mod utilise ses pouvoirs de façon purement objective, et non parce que nous, les utilisateurs du forum, le jugeraient subjectivement par rapport à ses actions passées.

EDIT: k ouin mon post est aussi long dans le fond.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Paty, quand tu faisais des posts avant, yavait pas de mod pour te dire que ske tu postais c'était plusse du spam que d'autre chose... Jsuis arrivé, j'ai essayé de mettre un peu d'ordre et ça par marché, fin de mon histoire avec le montreal thread. Je te le dirai plus, ca, de plus poster pour rien dire dans ce thread, tu peux vraiment faire comme bon te semble maintenant.

Vwins said:
Comment tu veux que je respecte quelqu'un qui a manqué de respect à plusieurs personne de la communauté de Montréal seulement parce qu'ils avaient des divergences d'opinions.
Je me suis sincèrement excusé d'avoir été un trou du cul en août.

Vwins said:
lol j'ai reçu un avertissement de Wak à cause de mon post sur le costa rican. Je trouve qu'il abuse de son pouvoir de moderator. Il y a plusieurs personnes dans le international community qui font un spam post et qui recoivent pas d'avertissement. Si à chaque fois que tu te fais défier, tu utilises ton pouvoir pour te venger je ne trouve pas que c'est une bonne attitude de moderator. Il y a des personnes qui t'énerve dans la vie. Il faut que tu l'es endure et respect mais pour le moment il n'y a rien dans les agissements de wak qui me feront changer d'opinion.
Je trouve ca lame que les gens croient que j'utilise mon pouvoir pour me venger. Vraiment là, ca parraît peut-être pas de vos yeux mais je warn pas mal de monde ailleur dans l'internationnal community. Vous êtes sûrement la communauté que jai donné le moins d'infractions à date, mis à part costa rica pis WC canada...

Et je vais ré-ouvrir le PR thread, parce que beaucoup d'entre vous, depuis 2 pages, ont été capable d'oublier leur haine envers moi pour m'expliquer pourquoi il devrait être réouvert. Et Je dois admettre que j'ai eu la mèche courte.

Mais je change toujours pas ma décision. Même si chet a pas les pouvoirs d'un mod, pas encore, il peut très bien me contacter.

J'espère que tout cela vous conviendra v_v

cemo

white walker
wak + costa rica togetha 4eva! <333

i have nothing against wak, i don't read most of his posts since they're too long. :)

Top Bottom