• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

ThatGuy

Smash Master
FINALLY!!!

I don't even remember how long it's been that I've been trying to complete this song. It's 15 minutes long and while it's pretty intermediate in difficulty (except for this 1 part with ridiculous jacks), it's really tough to actually endure the whole way so I'm happy to have finally finished it.

Fogel

Smash Lord
FINALLY!!!
<pic>
I don't even remember how long it's been that I've been trying to complete this song. It's 15 minutes long and while it's pretty intermediate in difficulty (except for this 1 part with ridiculous jacks), it's really tough to actually endure the whole way so I'm happy to have finally finished it.
OK enough of that noob game, let's see some 'I wanna be the guy' speedruns now.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
/emo

Brawl really sucks, in my point of view this game will never be competive
IMO if you hit a character with the same move like more than 2 times he will bounce differently than usual so random DI I guess? the gameplay is slower and its more like spam your moves spaced until you hit... No more cool combos and flashy stuff everyone look noob.
What else.....................

also no grab game pretty much I guess the game is just different but I dont like it and wont play it. gonna stick to melee hope the community dont leave SSBM
for SSBB

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
/emo

Brawl really sucks, in my point of view this game will never be competive
IMO if you hit a character with the same move like more than 2 times he will bounce differently than usual so random DI I guess? the gameplay is slower and its more like spam your moves spaced until you hit... No more cool combos and flashy stuff everyone look noob.
What else.....................

also no grab game pretty much I guess the game is just different but I dont like it and wont play it. gonna stick to melee hope the community dont leave SSBM
for SSBB
word.
but i dont think melee will prevail... it will to the degree ssb64 does.. like nephiros and his hax and vids.
its just inevitable that brawl will take over.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
brawl needed mega man and phoenix wright

lets all play street fighter 4 or super street fighter two turbo high definition remix (lol).

<3

Damax

Smash Lord
at least you can play the game with the remote

btw Brawl > Melee cause it has 2 of my fav nintendo chars dedede and wario!

I would've came if crotch chop waluigi was in there
wario is ugly and he sucks.

waluigi sucks all the time but stil better than wario

Capcom are gay thats why megaman isn't in brawl but he's gonna be in street fighters! (wtf)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
/emo

for SSBB
Metaknight and Lucas have good grab games. Hell Olimar's is pretty nasty too.

As for your other points man I agree that the game is about different things. I like melee for some things and brawl for others.
I guess it just comes down to personal preference and opinion about change.

Oh and Thad/Chester I'm totally planning on playing SF4 like crazy....
And SC2 for that matter...

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
wario doesn't suck he farts

waluigi doesn't suck either he tells ppl to suck it

no megaman in sf and no need for megaman in brawl, he was already in mvc2 so now lets get over it

I'll probably play SF4 but I donno if I will enjoy it... dont even know if we'll get arcade release here or we'll have to wait for the console... sad thing there's only one arcade in mtl and it kinda sucks

I will definitely enjoy SF2 HDremix though

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
nate, olimar's throw combos are wildly escapable iirc if you mash R for air-dodge.

or at least i assume they're escapable. i was trying to d-throw f-air your metaknight in sauga but you kept air-dodging through it -___-

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
yesterday night I saw 4 guys get out of their escalade, they had tek-nines, uzis and they kept firing them in the air tryin to scare the **** out of ppl and when they quickly tried to leave they had a car accident like 500 meters from the party... true story

lol... gangsters owned by a snowstorm

FalseFalco

Smash Master
HI QUEBEC!

What characters are you all going to use for brawl!?!?
All I know so far is Vwins is Olimar or some wacky **** LOL

Anyway, check out my tournament! You should come! Although the main event is Brawl, anyone who knows anything knows Brawl blows, so there will be a Melee tournament as well. BC has already stepped it up and are sending my boy Blunted_Object10 to rep west coast, I hope to see someone from EC there!

Here's the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4085497#post4085497

Falsefalco out

Top Bottom