• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
sup guys hey chester on march brake maybe you and zaf could pass by
Translation:

Hi everyone. Now that I've addressed everyone, allow me to continue my conversation with people of importance, so forget the pleasantries of my introduction. Reginald, Arthur, would you two like the idea of passing by my place during spring brake to play with me, but only you guys? I don't know how to use the pm function so I figured I would make a public initiation to a smashfest where only you two could come.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Translation:

Hi everyone. Now that I've addressed everyone, allow me to continue my conversation with people of importance, so forget the pleasantries of my introduction. Reginald, Arthur, would you two like the idea of passing by my place during spring brake to play with me, but only you guys? I don't know how to use the pm function so I figured I would make a public initiation to a smashfest where only you two could come.
Are we seeing the creation of a second L2W crew?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
You just wanna drive there, don't you?

So yeah, I'd like it if cf=) gave some signs of life here. The final details on the fest are kinda sketchy and I'm afraid I'd show up to just a few people playing Melee, and I would be sad : (

Who's still coming and not going to Dawson anyway?

cF=)

Smash Lord
When was CF's fest anyways? I was kinda expecting a confirmation post with more details and all.
Sorry about that, I know I haven't hyped the thing too much this week. Everything is still happening though, I just don't have much info to add over what's been written already and I'm unsure about the people showing up myself...

Ugh, unless someone has that bookmarked, which would be pretty weird in the first place, I'd assume you look it up yourself, as it might be the faster thing to do.
I'll repost all the info here so people have a fresh new look at the event.

So on Friday...

I have school until 1:00
I can be at the Dawson tournament from 2:00 to 6:00
or
Go to cF's from 2:00 to 10:00

****, I wanted to go to both. Sorry cF. At least I suck at melee anyways, lol.
Don't feel guilty, I wish you luck at your tournament :p

GUYS GUYS GUYS

SMASHFEST @ CHARLES' PLACE

AWESOOOME

Description:

- Friday, March the 6th, from 13h30 to 22h00
- BYOC
- Featuring melee and possibly brawl.

How to get there?

My address is 403, St-Joseph West, apartment 26 (DON'T FORGET to ring 25 when you get here, though!)

- From the blue line, exit at Parc and take the 80 S all up to St-Joseph.
- From the orange line, exit at Laurier and hop on the 51 W. until you reach Parc avenue.
- From the green line, combine station Place-des-arts and the 80 N to St-Joseph.

Helping the venue:

Like I already said, I own a gamecube and a giant screen on which we can enjoy melee. However, if any of you wants to bring an additional set up, feel free to do so. TVs, Wii, game discs, and powerbars are all necessary things if we want to run more than one station.

I won't provide any food whatsoever, but I'll have some of my secret stash and a 24 pack of beer. Don't hesitate to bring drinks or chip bags if you want to make your stay even more enjoyable though :)

Also, it's cool with me if you bring yourself with some friends, I'm just not expecting to fit more than 12 people here at a time. From what I see right now, everything's gonna be good, but keep this fact in mind before dropping here with your whole crew.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Dawson Tournament Info

Host: Dawson Animation Club
Type: Sports - Tournament (SPORT?)
Network: Global
Date: Friday, March 6, 2009
Time: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Street: 3040 Sherbrooke West
City/Town: Montreal, QC
Phone: 5149698944
Email: lorcankennedy@hotmail.com

Come brawl it up!

While Meta Knight was banned at the last tournament, we decided to allow him for this one.

The tournament is located at 2C.17 at Oliver's. Sign up early and rules are at 2C.11. Reserve your space as it is limited. There will be six brackets that last 1 hour each and can only accommodate 16 players a piece. The winner of each bracket advances to the
Quarter-Finals, then Semi, then Finals at the end of the day. Entry is $5 for the tournament and there will be free play all day.

There will be some wii-mote/nunchucks maybe a gc controller here and there, but we advise everyone to bring their own controller .

Bloc 1: 10:00-11:00
Bloc 2: 11:00-12:00
Bloc 3: 12:00-1:00
Bloc 4: 1:00-2:00
Bloc 5: 2:00-3:00
Bloc 6: 3:00-4:00

Quarter, Semi and Finals 4:00-6:00

Rules:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Any stage both players agree on(yes if you both want rumble falls go for that bull ****), but if an agreement is not reached in under 30 seconds the match will go to Final Destination LOL DIDDY KONG
-No counter picking (Players must whisper which character they plan to use to judges prior to the match)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournament is tomorrow.

The pool brackets and final brackets are single elimination :(.

The prize is probably gonna be another gift certificate or something. Where the rest of the money goes, no idea.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I'll be going for bloc 4 or...bloc 5 just saw that quarters and semis are at 4-6h no matter what.

Might go to Cf place after, if we all make sure someone comes with a tv+brawl.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Previous Dawson Tounament:

Code:
Tournament (Single Elimination)
1) LunsFord (DK/Luigi/Pit)
2) BentoBox (Peach)
3) Fizzi (Snake)
3) Oni (Marth)
4) Kirt (Falco)
4) BrianX (ROB)
(6 man bracket? That doesn't even make sense.)

Crew Battle

SWF           VS       College
Kirt(Falco)      0 - 1 Shawn(Falco)
Steb(DK)         3 - 0 Shawn(Falco)
Steb(DK)         0 - 1 BrianX(R.O.B.)
"C"let           2 - 0 BrianX(R.O.B.)
"C"let           1 - 0 Blaze(Ike) (LOL *****)
"C"let           0 - 1 Oni(Marth)
BentoBox(Olimar) 1 - 0 Oni(Marth)
BentoBox(Olimar) 0 - 3 Sloth(G&W)
Fizzi(Snake)     1 - 0 Sloth(G&W)
(Wow, I won a crew battle?)
Let's rep ourselves better this time, lol.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so the Dawson thing ends at 18h? Here I thought everyone'd get to cf=)'s place at like 8-9pm.

Still, we're lacking a setup! I can bring the Wii + cables if we've got a bringer of ye TV.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Agora, you coming to the tourney too? Guess we can all leave for cF's afterwards then~ I'll bring my tv/wii/cokmeatsandwhich etc etc

Agora

Smash Journeyman
no no, I'm working all day, leaving for cf's at 17h.
I'll be alone, drinking in a closet waiting for you guys.

cF=)

Smash Lord
you guys are also free to bring a gamecube and melee (and a memory card) <__<

buenob

Smash Lord
so I'm thinking of coming down to montreal a couple days early for FFYF2, like getting in thursday night at around 10:30... would that a) be good to get some last minute practice in with everyone, b) be able to be housed until sat night where I would then go back to joels with the rest of ottawa c) not intrude on anyone else's housing arrangements

if this is possible, let me know :) I need to practice against the mad pressure play of montreal

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
so I'm thinking of coming down to montreal a couple days early for FFYF2, like getting in thursday night at around 10:30... would that a) be good to get some last minute practice in with everyone, b) be able to be housed until sat night where I would then go back to joels with the rest of ottawa c) not intrude on anyone else's housing arrangements

if this is possible, let me know :) I need to practice against the mad pressure play of montreal
I will be having a smashfest on friday and maybe thursday as well. That would be good practice since I'm expecting a big turnout, and I think percon will be there also. about housing check with joel, or any of the other people housing about that

cF=)

Smash Lord
YO, I GOT ISSUES ANYBODY ONLNE?

caps on.

The smashfest won`t last till 10pm tonight due to some circumstances, it`ll end at 9pm instead, and I`ll be strict on the 9pm part.
Sorry but something came up and I gotta go out for the night... I`d feel bad for just canceling it altogether, so instead I`ll make it a short one. =<

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I can't help but highly respect anyone who gives me free beer, so, cf=), your fest is a success in my book!
It was still too short, though XD

And Steb... I... I'm so sorry for being such a dork. I owe you a compensation of any sort, which you may ask from me at any time.
*Steb drops his pants*
O SHI-

Top Bottom