• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More and more I'm starting to see...

Hive

Smash Lord
That samus' long-range game...

and gimp game...

are nothing compared to her ledge game ^^
seriously, i'd put it as her biggest strength by far.....
she has soooo many options and it can turn most matches that she wouldn't have the advantage in otherwise to her favor ^^
IMO she has one of the most in depth ledge games in brawl... which is why we should try to discuss it more ^^

-ledgehop fair onto the platform- can easily lead into a fair->dtilt or fair->upb combo for damage and also to keep spacing or drop jump any aerial really :)
-and she can use the ledgehop to fair and di back to the ledge to flamethrow the platform w/o actually landing on it to create openings
-She has multiple stall options on the ledge- she can drop to screw attack against more persistent edgeguards and drop tether to stall quick amounts of time to allow for openings, or to lower her body for a more effective edgeguard, or she can drop and walll jump the side to stall time as well ^^
- she has multiple long range attacks and projectiles from the edge:
- she can ledgehop away from the ledge and land a homing or super missile ^^
she can drop and wall jump the side of fd for a homing missile and super missile or bair ^^
she can drop wall jump off the side of bf and use two homing missiles before catching the edge again
-she can ledgehop from the edge and zair like halfway across the lvl ♥
-she can full jump from the edge and double zair or homing missile
-or ledgehop and missile cancel on the platform
-she can ledgehop and screw attack or uair ->screw attack for enemies right near the edge ^^
-on pk stadium1 she use zair and fair under the ledge for hitboxes that go through the level ♥
-her ledgehop chargeshot is a great way to spam from the ledge when used with missiles, it comes out a bit faster, and allows for a different timing, which helps prevent predictability ^^
-also the ledgehop sets up zigma kill combo as well
-and the list goes on for like ever...there's just so much♥

seriously i f--- ♥♥♥ her ledge game!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
shh.... don't let Dryn see this.VVVV

yea ledgecamping is pretty cheap overall in the game... i don't actually use it that much in games and especially not in friendlies..

---start response
But yea, her ledge game is amazing. lol :) and ok thread

Hive

Smash Lord
not that you need to camp it the whole time to be effective though... its still effective when used sparsely.... ♥♥♥
edit: sorry for changing my posts so much lol :p

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Ain't nothing wrong with ledge game. I don't think I've ever played a match where I've been comfortable playing ledge games long enough for it to be camping.. I feel that a good player will come and get me soon enough, or I'll ledge game well enough to create and opening and get up on the stage to combo.

But yeah even if I was ledge gaming super good I would feel compelled to come up on the stage, even if I'm playing against a character that might use an even cheaper move like chain grabbing.

It's interesting that spamming and ledge camping can still be considered lame in a game with broken stuff like grab infinites. Though I do feel comfortable spamming usually because a good player can use their skills to get past it, and Samus's spam game has enough variety to make it interesting. It's a funny issue.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I too love her ledge game...
Especially when a character with poor recovery gets mad and tries to jump down and punish you ;P

Sknil

Smash Rookie
Haha, come to think of it, I spend alot of time on the ledge. I just never realized how good her ledge game was.

I'm never uncomfortable when I'm on the ledge with Samus, as opposed to other characters.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
You can do a short ledge hop lay a bomb on the edge and catch the ledge again then jump and dair since it nudges them off with some good hitstun. It'll only work once after someone falls for it. It's sexy.

I have a replay of it somewhere, i'll try to upload it later.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I fully support people abusing Samus' ledge game. It's a very nice technique vs impatient players, usually causing them to use unprepared approaches you can punish nicely. Also with her strong ledge game you can be very safe even vs two players (as demonstrated in Tudor's 2v1 vids).

As far as calling this "gay" or whatever...good. "Gay" is synonymous to effective in this context. These sort of things should be abused especially vs those who don't know how to handle it.

To add to the list, you can use ledge hop to get the z1gma kill setup. Of course, most people will be pretty defensive at high % but if you can read them and land the zair you got yourself a *kill.

*lol depending on DI and character.

Hive

Smash Lord
kwl ^^ i would really like to see some vids of the zigma kill combo in action, it looks pretty nice, i'm still debating in my head how effective it will be though bc of the higher percentages to initiate it, and whether it will be as effective vs human players ^^ vids of it in action would be really kwl :)

also, i forgot to add it before but ledge hop to charge shot is pretty hot too ^^ its good to alt between it and ledge missile spamming bc the cs comes out from the ledge much faster, and the switch in timing is good to keep it from getting predictable as fast ^^

btw rohins i hear you have a pretty sic ledge game ^^

edit: basically any unsweetspotted zair from the ledge will set it up though, right? ^^ that actually seems pretty simple :D I could see that being very effective... especially on heavier characters bc it will bring them into ko ranges much safer ^^

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yeah I've always been a fan of ledge game since Melee. Right now the z1gma combo is hype until we get some vids of it being applied in real matches. I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty excited and have high hopes but we'll see where it goes.

Hive

Smash Lord
hopefully it turns out really well ^^ i need something new to mess around with anyways :D
i'm gonna try testing it out vs. some friends too soon :)

ERRØR

Smash Rookie
Her ledge game is amazing. She has so many options off stage it makes other character's options who aren't MK, Kirby or R.O.B look silly.

A nice gimp setup is to jump off stage and bomb yourself back onto the stage when your opponent is recovering. This makes a mini wall of explosions that set up into a D air nicely if your missiles can't get to them in time :chuckle:

It requires a bit of timing but what of samus doesn't?

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Play a good marth and he will **** our godly ledgegame. Samus is awesome but uair and fair can be timed easily.

Things i like to do the most are:

Roll (wow cool)
Fair
Uair
Jump + bomb asap + ledgegrab + fair
airdodge + zair
jump + dair + bair
release + charge shot

All in all her ledge game is more a cripple. fairs horizontal range sucks and a character that is spacing your roll will do it while at it. jump is floaty and your back to it if you get hit. zair has some time before you can do it. her get up is laggy. I found the best thing is to not hang on the ledge too much except when i attempt to gimp. I often find myself in a stuck situation and the opponent runs the timer, they arent going to fall to our fair if they are smart.

But the best ledgegame on yoshis island definitely is a release + airdodge + grab (no zair)

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Play a good marth and he will **** our godly ledgegame. Samus is awesome but uair and fair can be timed easily.

Things i like to do the most are:

Roll (wow cool)
Fair
Uair
Jump + bomb asap + ledgegrab + fair
airdodge + zair
jump + dair + bair
release + charge shot

All in all her ledge game is more a cripple. fairs horizontal range sucks and a character that is spacing your roll will do it while at it. jump is floaty and your back to it if you get hit. zair has some time before you can do it. her get up is laggy. I found the best thing is to not hang on the ledge too much except when i attempt to gimp. I often find myself in a stuck situation and the opponent runs the timer, they arent going to fall to our fair if they are smart.

But the best ledgegame on yoshis island definitely is a release + airdodge + grab (no zair)
way to be mr. buzzkill for the topic.

Hive

Smash Lord
yea ; ; lol
I really like her ledgegame actually on battlefield ^^
its easy to zair throught the stage at least and tech off the wall for a double missile spam, or other missile spams :D
and then the usuals ^^ cs, missile spams, fair->dtilt/upb/w/e, and so on ^^
too fun!
I think you totally underrate her ledge game though orichalcum ;) at least against certain characters :)

Top Bottom