• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More ICs should platform cancel on SV

ADHD

Smash Hero
I never see this.. Metaknight tornados, lands on the platform, and then the IC player up-airs instead.. IT'S A FREE GRAB & KILL. Just jump, hold down, then press R immediately when your char is slightly over the platform's ground. You'll instant landly--then, buffer A.

You can also do the first SH up-air to bait a shield, then jump once more and platform cancel grab.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
its risky business up on those plats dude...

I do this sometimes, but i havent really had it fully pay off (aka i get a CG)

ill play with it at the smashfest today though

can MK usually autocancel when they land on the platforms after tornado, or are that too high up? If they can autocancel then it would probably be too risky

Teh Future

Smash Master
any good ic knows and uses this already >_>

it doesnt work to punish tornado though unless they use it in a really terrible situation. also we only want to upair their shield if its going to poke or push them off a platform or else they can upb OoS

if anything the thread title should be switched from "Smashville" to "RC" because people seem to think this only works on SV and not on other stages like RC or lylat. I think lylat could be a great CP against mk if an IC practices it enough and can platform cancel correctly (its a lot harder on lylat than on SV) but I prefer YI over either of them.

so.... the situations you said really aren't that applicable, but I do agree that in general platform cancels are really good for ICs and we should work on using them more. In certain situations we probably can punish tornado w/ this and need to look out for it but its more useful in other matchups imo

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I love it when pros come by and think they can give us advice when its all ready been known.

I use platform canceling to zone tbh.

"Oh you think you can just get on that platform and be safe? I'll meet you there!"

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Come on Wyatt, I've used this to grab YOU more than once. Give us some credit.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Come on Wyatt, I've used this to grab YOU more than once. Give us some credit.
Wait, what? Have I even ever played you on smashville? rofl.

I love it when pros come by and think they can give us advice when its all ready been known.

"Oh you think you can just get on that platform and be safe? I'll meet you there!"
Sorry dude, I'm too pro to respond to this cruel statement.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr

You should use Ice Climber's chain grab, it's a potential 0-death and he can do it to every character in the game.

Smoom77

Smash Master
You should use Ice Climber's chain grab, it's a potential 0-death and he can do it to every character in the game.
You should learn to use English plural nouns.

YOU CAN'T DO A CHAINGRAB WITH ONE ICE CLIMBERS.

Ice climbers'

LOL.

Dehf m2k ally Atomsk ADHD gnes Razer mikehaze nickriddle esam seibrik inui lain hylian hey pros we need more flame

-waits-

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
are you ****ing stupid? there's a 0-death chain grab that you can do with a single ice climber. I guess you're not up to date with your own character.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Nah you don't know anything. We don't have a infinite with sopo. Unless it's like a walk off LOL. Like everyone has an infinite on a walk off.

I should go to peach boards and be like, 'ohai u hav infinite on wario u suk'

Mm at Dallas? I wanna play a pro falco.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Larry, I'm more pro than you, and am 1-0 with you in Tournament and 1-0 with you in MM's. Get over yourself, this is my thread to tell people what they already know (but don't do even though they claim to do it).

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well we DO have an infinite with sopo on Gabon but I don't think you want to talk about that, eh?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Larry, I'm more pro than you, and am 1-0 with you in Tournament and 1-0 with you in MM's. Get over yourself, this is my thread to tell people what they already know (but don't do even though they claim to do it).
no you're not, all you do is spam.

lain

Smash Master
What the hell is going on in here.

Wyatt, people have been using the platform canceling, although honestly I don't see very many IC's doing it, nor using it to punish like that. If you watch my videos I've been plat canceling since a year ago or something, although only recently I've been using it to punish things like that.

People getting all butthurt :x

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Here's a really good mind game:

Short hot empty jump under the platform

when you start to slow fall double jump, platform cancel, and then grab 'em

They'll be waiting in their shield

Judo777

Smash Master
Idk that much about IC's but i play everyone a little and everytime i tried to plat cancel with IC's (which i am good at doing with most of the cast) i would only get 1 IC up on the platform. Is it just strict timing or am i missing something?

Also lol at the people trying to pass off ignorance as trolling.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I've never had someone so afraid of Up Air that they forgot that jumping also gets them out of Up Air range.
they're obviously afraid that your gonna hit them before they get out of range

Top Bottom