• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok, brawl hacking has gotten extremely far and i was looking at what important things that we haven't cracked yet, and more characters kept coming up.

I made this thread for getting a headstart on figuring these things out (ultimately, we will do this!)

Well i say for the first thing we get started on is the most important, the base of all characters, their module files (my notes are coming soon!). Oh and i read somewhere that someone was trying to figure out these files too? If you read this, post your findings here.

POST ALL YOUR FINDINGS IN THIS THREAD!

n64billy

Smash Ace
If you manage to pull this one off VILE then you can have my 4th born son (I've already promised the others away to other strangers)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
For all we know, the character count could be hardcoded into the game, and this is all for not.
I personally believe that its hardcoded, so yeah....

Now watch Phantom Wings come up in a few posts with some massive win thing and prove me wrong on the spot.

Almas

Smash Lord
A while ago PW suggested he had made progress on this but there was something in the module files that inhibited adding new things.

The idea of having something "hardcoded" into the game is silly. We are changing the source code of the game. The times when something is referred to as hardcoded (e.g. Lucario's up+B) is more an inference that the method of changing other details of something isn't sufficient to change a specific one.

Not to mention I think it's kinda silly to create a thread discussing how to do something without putting anything forward yourself.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I agree, this thread exists with no purpose. PW is the only one working on this, and he doesn't post progress.
No one else is even trying to work on this, because its a lot of work, and PW might mysteriously release something at any time.
(See my alternate stage loader thread)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Not to mention I think it's kinda silly to create a thread discussing how to do something without putting anything forward yourself.
Oh snap, he went there!

Anyways, ON TOPIC: Would the pac for the character select screen be helpful at all? You could see if something is in there, or what leads to the select screen. (Noobish answer, but I want to contribute some how)

Untouch

Smash Master
There are node points for all the positions of the characters in the CSS.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Oh snap, he went there!

Anyways, ON TOPIC: Would the pac for the character select screen be helpful at all? You could see if something is in there, or what leads to the select screen. (Noobish answer, but I want to contribute some how)
Well, you would need a new CSS with more portrait pictures to make it real. We can already insert new data packages using Brawlbox, so we've got that part just about done. We just need to make the ISO capable of reading those new entries.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Currently we can swap data with new data. We can't just inset new data yet. The game doesn't know what to do with it so that's pointless (until we tell it what to do with it, which is what this thread's about).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I agree, this thread exists with no purpose. PW is the only one working on this, and he doesn't post progress.
No one else is even trying to work on this, because its a lot of work, and PW might mysteriously release something at any time.
(See my alternate stage loader thread)
A while ago PW suggested he had made progress on this but there was something in the module files that inhibited adding new things.

The idea of having something "hardcoded" into the game is silly. We are changing the source code of the game. The times when something is referred to as hardcoded (e.g. Lucario's up+B) is more an inference that the method of changing other details of something isn't sufficient to change a specific one.

Agreed w/ Falco400, Almas and Dant, I'd pretty much wait off until PW has something or there's a new discovery to make a new thread. Putting forth a discussion topic without any evidence doesn't really help promote this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom