• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Stages per Series

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Other than big series like Mario or Zelda, most series lack more than one or two stages, and I liked Mute City and Peach's Castle more than Big Blue and ****ing Rainbow Cruise

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
But Rainbow Cruise is awesome:(
But yeah, they could have put in a few more for the other series(es?)

n88

Smash Lord
I know. I would have liked to see those stages in, as well as Great Bay instead of Temple and Fountain of Dreams instead of Green Greens.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
I would have liked to see some content from Metroid Prime 3, like a skytown elycia stage instead of a frigate orpheon.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We've had plenty of threads in the past on which stages we might have preferred in the game, and they never generate much of any actual discussion so much as people sounding off which old stages they liked. I'll give people a chance to post something that's actually discussion (though there's really not much to discuss; maybe I'm wrong?), but otherwise, this will probably just be locked.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
OK then, anyone want to voice more on what series needed more stages the most or anything?
I think that DK should have more stages, think about it, he is one of nintendo's biggest series and has 2 stages

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Saffron City would of been awesome in Brawl.
I like the way you think.
Incidentally, what was the point of including Pokemon Stadium 1 in Brawl? It's far too similar to it's counterpart. It would've made more sense to include the 1 stadium changes in the 2 design. That would've left space for Fountain of Dreams:) or perhaps some other beloved Melee stage.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Ok, in the interest of trying to generate actual discussion...

I think two stages per series is just fine. I'd probably take diversity over focus in this case XD

As for ROB, secret characters tend not to get their own stages, but Gyromite or Stack-Up could totally offer a stage.

EDIT: And PS1 got it because it's popular and awesome.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
As long as each series gets a stage (ROB is homeless right now) I'm ok. I normally don't care what series a stage belongs to though, because it's what the stage plays like is what matters.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
As long as each series gets a stage (ROB is homeless right now) I'm ok. I normally don't care what series a stage belongs to though, because it's what the stage plays like is what matters.
yeah, but you can get more ideas for stages with more stages per series, and even some of the larger series (Mario, Pokemon) don't get everything they should, I mean, why has there been nothing like Bowser's Castle or something from a 3-d pokeon game like XD, or at least have Poke Floats over Pokemon Stadium 1

AlKrauser

Smash Cadet
-what you have to love is that there are like 5 mario stages (75m isnt REALLY from the DK universe),
-most universes have only one character representing them, even though they have more than one character from that universe in the game i.e. CS and Halberd, 2 character but one stage.
-There are 2 stages with no character belonging to them, although I consider Pictochat ROBs stage.

-way too many junk stages.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
-what you have to love is that there are like 5 mario stages (75m isnt REALLY from the DK universe),
-most universes have only one character representing them, even though they have more than one character from that universe in the game i.e. CS and Halberd, 2 character but one stage.
-There are 2 stages with no character belonging to them, although I consider Pictochat ROBs stage.

-way too many junk stages.
Yeah that was kinda my point, think about it, some people thought that because of Smashville that there was going to be a character from Animal Crossing, but there wasn't
I think that Kirby, Fox, DK, and ROB (seeing as Pictochat doesn't have ROB's symbol) need more stages the most, Fire Emblem needs more, too, but not as much

2Sko

Smash Cadet
I agree with Arora...The stages they continue to make are according how poeple are going to have "fun" with them... the stages in tourney's are going to continue to be teh same oens like FD Battle and Smash along with some more that seem fair.... I mean look at WarioWare, seems fun but never going to be used in a Tourney

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
some are to much like WarioWare to be in tournaments, but some aren't as bad but just aren't liked enough

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
The stages that are banned aren't banned just because people don't like them, they're banned because they disrupt the flow of the match too much.
most of them, but some aren't near as bad as others that are banned

sammy p

Smash Lord
fourside was one of the best stges in melee....
that definatly deserved to show up again in brawl..... ovr big blue.... hate that course

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
fourside was one of the best stges in melee....
that definatly deserved to show up again in brawl..... ovr big blue.... hate that course
Yeah Big Blue wasn't good, Mute City was much better.

TEECO

Smash Ace
For ROB's new stage, they should make the actual stage a Nintendo. Idk what the backround would be though >__>

Oh yeah, and a new version of POKE Floats would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than stupid stages like rumble falls, 75m, hannenbow, and distant planet.

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and a new version of POKE Floats would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better .
Yeah, Pokemon Trainer could be floating on a pokeball that follows the screen inconsistently.

There was definitly a lack of stages IMO. Even though there is variety, Melee had MORE variety. (Was hoping for a rotating stage like BD)

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd love to see a tetris level...it would be similar to Rumble Falls but less annoying

You start up on some blocks and slowly more blocks come from above, slotting into places and changing the layout of the stage: if a line is full then like in Tetris it will vanish...

I'd also like to fight on the Clock tower from Zelda: Majora's Mask...imagine the moon slowly as the game progresses colliding into the stage.

Finally, possibly a super Mario galaxy stage....would be a 3d world like in SMG and with gravity holding you on it and so you would have to upsmash out of the planet's gravity

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
comet obserotory or toy time galaxy XD

gusty garden is a good one too

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
For ROB's new stage, they should make the actual stage a Nintendo. Idk what the backround would be though >__>

Oh yeah, and a new version of POKE Floats would be muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than stupid stages like rumble falls, 75m, hannenbow, and distant planet.
Distant Planet and 75m aren't that bad, at least they are fun, Rumble falls is crap, nobody particulary liked IC stage on Melee, so why remake the idea, they even kept the stage hazards:confused:

Personally, I'd love to see a tetris level...it would be similar to Rumble Falls but less annoying

You start up on some blocks and slowly more blocks come from above, slotting into places and changing the layout of the stage: if a line is full then like in Tetris it will vanish...

Finally, possibly a super Mario galaxy stage....would be a 3d world like in SMG and with gravity holding you on it and so you would have to upsmash out of the planet's gravity
I kinda thought a tetris stage would be fun too, the only problem is logically getting a block falling on you would be a hazard, so IDK
Mario Galaxy might not be bad, but we don't need more Mario stages, and chances are it would have some gimmick about it that would get it banned.

Top Bottom