• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
[facepalm]Except for the fact the Fatalities ARE in the game, and there IS blood and gore[/facepalm]

This looks like an improvement over the last few Mortal Kombat games with videos I've seen, but I doubt it'll be, say, Virtua Fighter 4 or Soulcalibur II good. Or even Mortal Kombat II good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
There's going to be fatalities. In many interviews, they've said that all MK characters will have fatalities. Characters like Superman or Batman, who wouldn't kill somebody, won't have fatalities but they will have similar finishers (they said the name for those was currently undecided). DC villains may have fatalities as well.

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
There's going to be fatalities. In many interviews, they've said that all MK characters will have fatalities. Characters like Superman or Batman, who wouldn't kill somebody, won't have fatalities but they will have similar finishers (they said the name for those was currently undecided). DC villains may have fatalities as well.
okay thats better

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they could disable the opponent. Like, Batman ties the other guy up, or Superman, I don't know, breaks their legs...

They could be called Disabilities!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh.My.God.

Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, AND THE JOKER?

They would have had me at Joker, seriously.

I'm sold on this game, I really am.

*drool* indeed... the render...is so..amazing...

Actually, now I've thought of some others I'd like to see:

Darkseid, Aquaman (They should use the Justic League model with the hook, because come on, he looked badass) and Static Shock, we need someone like him, and he's awesome, sad he hasnt been mentioned much.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Amazing. I am stunned.

And people, there are still fatalities, and this'll still be bloody as hell.

And I'm maining the Joker, I don't care if he's bad, good, or whatever.

The Joker's fatality will deal with acid. I'm calling it.

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for clearing this up... I may reconsider. I will have to wait and see though.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Oh.My.God.

Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, AND THE JOKER?

They would have had me at Joker, seriously.

I'm sold on this game, I really am.

*drool* indeed... the render...is so..amazing...

Actually, now I've thought of some others I'd like to see:

Darkseid, Aquaman (They should use the Justic League model with the hook, because come on, he looked badass) and Static Shock, we need someone like him, and he's awesome, sad he hasnt been mentioned much.
Flash is a really terrible idea. He'll either have to be retooled more than Olimar for Brawl, or every match he's in will be a one-second Flawless Victory.

Mullet Aquaman and Static Shock... would be good, if there were, like, 20 DC characters. Otherwise they'd be better off sticking to more recognizable characters.

Darkseid has the same problem as Ridley; he can't be in the game because he would just own everyone with sheer awesomeness.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Flash is a really terrible idea. He'll either have to be retooled more than Olimar for Brawl, or every match he's in will be a one-second Flawless Victory.

Mullet Aquaman and Static Shock... would be good, if there were, like, 20 DC characters. Otherwise they'd be better off sticking to more recognizable characters.

Darkseid has the same problem as Ridley; he can't be in the game because he would just own everyone with sheer awesomeness.

Well, Flash has already been seen and played, and he doesn't look THAT cheap. They seem to have worked him pretty well.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, Flash has already been seen and played, and he doesn't look THAT cheap. They seem to have worked him pretty well.
It's not just Superman, ALL DC Heroes are being toned down a bit, some more than others, people are just focusing on Superman the most because, well, yeah.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's not just Superman, ALL DC Heroes are being toned down a bit, some more than others, people are just focusing on Superman the most because, well, yeah.

Haha yep. "And why was Superman made into the weakest character in the game?"

"Our answer is, simply...because he's superman?"

Just for lulz of course, he's not going to be bottom tier (I hope)

Also, since we have 6 DC characters revealed now, and there are 10, (not counting the boss and secret characters they discussed)

2 revealed characters (Joker and Catwoman) (WHY CATWAOMAN? why not Darkseid first, everyone knows who Darkseid is) are villains, and the other 4 are heroes.

Do you think they'll keep it even and do 5 Heroes, 5 Villains?

I think so, and I'd like to take a guess at possible villains showing up
For the DC side, the diagram would look like this, as you know.

[Batman] [Superman] [Flash] [Captain Marvel (Shazam] [Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)]

[Joker] [Catwoman] [?] [?] [?]

Now I'd like to take an educated guess as to the next two unknown villains. The MK crew is not going to want to give Batman any more villains (god dammit, Penguin > Catwoman!) so that leaves an obvious villain choice for superman, and I'd like to guess Flash is also getting one of his villains.

Most of today's generation would probably not recognize Captain Marvel, (And confuse him with some Marvel super hero, which is obviously why they called him Shazam

So, who are the villains for the Flash and Superman?

As I pointed out, Darkseid is a good choice. If you don't on the off-chance recognize him by name, you'll recognize his appearance if you know anything about Superman and his villains. Lex Luthor is another good choice, but unless he has some sort of robotic suit, they will NOT choose Lex.

Darkseid has various powers, and other apocalyptic things he could bring to the playing field, that would make him unique.

(Plus, he looks **** cool)

Now, for the Flash. I've never met a person who can name but one or two Flash villains. Captain Cold, and Gorilla Grodd.

Since most of today's youth watched Justice League, and Captain Cold was NOT the Flash villain, instead Gorilla Grodd, with his telepathy and other psychic powers, became the nemesis of the Flash in various episodes.

And, Grodd would bring some interesting things to the table, what with his psychic powers and all, plus, his appearance would be quite unheard of in an MK game.

So, if we go by this, we would be left with this chart:

[Batman] [Superman] [Flash] [Captain Marvel (Shazam)] [Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)]

[Joker] [Catwoman] [Darkseid] [Gorilla Grodd] [?]

As for the villain, I can't think of any Green Lantern villain they could use, at the moment, so I'll leave that up to wild guess work :)

(Edited out the bit about Bizarro, I felt I hadn't reasoned that nearly as well as I should have. )

So currently, these are my predictions and reasonings for the DC characters that are not secret or are a boss.

I'd like to hear any thoughts, and whatnot, so please, questions! questions!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
ganondorf4ever, Hal Jordan is already confirmed as the Green Lantern in the game at Comic Con.

As for good DC Heroes: Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man, Firestorm, Swamp-Thing, Question, and more.

DC Villains: Darkseid, whoever else.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ganondorf4ever, Hal Jordan is already confirmed as the Green Lantern in the game at Comic Con.

As for good DC Heroes: Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man, Firestorm, Swamp-Thing, Question, and more.

DC Villains: Darkseid, whoever else.
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware green lantern WAS confirmed.

I'll be changing that then. (Also, that's awesome)

I still support my villain list though, albeit I'm shaky on bizarro there, I was just searching, I suppose.

But what about my reasoning for Grodd? I think his uniqueness, and being the most easily recognize-able Flash villain in this day and age, would be good reasoning to give him a spot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think Bizarro and Doomsday were also confirmed not to be in at Comic Con. I just heard this.

Gorilla Grodd is one of my favorite villains to one of my favorite heroes, but I think that he wouldn't be that huge of a priority, unfortunately. I totally support it, anyway.

It would be ****ing epic if Vertigo Comic characters could make it in (DC owns Vertigo comics, but it is in no way connected to the DC Universe). V, Rorschach, The Comedian, maybe even Constantine.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
BUMP for Big news.

First of all, Jax and Green Lantern renders

http://worldscollide.com/kombatants/GreenLantern_Render.jpg
http://worldscollide.com/kombatants/Jax_Render.jpg

Jax looks cooler than I thought he would.

Next, at the Leipzig Games Convention, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Kano and Raiden were confirmed as part of the roster.

Wonder Woman Render

http://worldscollide.com/kombatants/WonderWoman_Render.jpg

Kano and Raiden have been hopefuls from the beginning, and I could care less about Deathstroke, Deadpool is way cooler than him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nooo..... not Wonderwoman... at least... not her AND Catwoman... I despise Csatwoman

And worst of all, there go the chances of either Darkseid or Gorilla Grodd :(

However, the Green Lantern render is orgasmic. It also looks like both he and wonderwoman get their own stages. Way cool.

And Deathstroke..(aka Slade....) is cool, I always thought he was an interesting villain, and I guess they needed a wtf villain after the wtf hero Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Still.... I weep for Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd :(

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I think Bizarro and Doomsday were also confirmed not to be in at Comic Con. I just heard this.

Gorilla Grodd is one of my favorite villains to one of my favorite heroes, but I think that he wouldn't be that huge of a priority, unfortunately. I totally support it, anyway.

It would be ****ing epic if Vertigo Comic characters could make it in (DC owns Vertigo comics, but it is in no way connected to the DC Universe). V, Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, maybe even Constantine.
Dude, don't lie, or there will be blood. :p Bizzaro FTW!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dude, don't lie, or there will be blood. :p Bizzaro FTW!
Bizarro is cooler than Superman, but that's not the point. He's, unfortunately, not in any form of the game, even an alternate costume.

The Joker in action, including a fatality
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38955.html

I wanna see Captain Marvel in action.

There will be cutscenes in between story mode chapters for each side (If you choose DC, you'll start as Flash, meet Batman and then play him, etc. Same for Mortal Kombat side. Not unlike Brawl's Subspace mode.) In these cutscenes, there may be cameos of characters not playable in both universes.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Weee, time to start making guesses as to who'll be making cameos for DC.

Martian Manhunter, I'm callin' it, because I've come to terms with the fact that it's likely he won't be playable.

(I'm still hanging on to the hope that Darkseid and GG will be playable.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My earlier predictions, or thinking that MM will make a cameo? I'm usually wrong about SOMETHING :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
gannondorf4ever may still be right. Aren't characters supposed to have multiple fatalities?
I was thinking that as well when I first saw the Joker's gun fatality.

I thought "Well, this is very much like the Joker, but this isn't everything that defines him.."

So hopefully, he'll have like 3 (I think that's the number)

And, I also think I remember, in the video that shows Superman's Brutality, them saying "And here we'll show you a superman brutality.

I think that makes sense, I mean, in an MK game, apart from the characters, the fatalities are a major part of the game, people love those. (I actually don't care, it's all about the fighting for me) so they wouldn't want to spoil all of superman's big guns with one video.

I call shenanigans on single fatalities.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whelp, at the upcoming gaming convention in Moscow, we may very well see the last of the roster revealed for both sides.

Gasp! Who will it be? The suspense, it kills me!

*Crosses fingers for Darkseid*

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Just saw the rosters today. The moment I saw the Joker was in it, I looked for the fatality info (when i last looked up this game DC had called no fatalities), and had to take a few moments to cheer. Joker's fatality is nice and simple, I has hoping his spear gun would show up, though they didn't use it the way I thought they'd use it (with the Spear impaling the victim). Him blowing his opponent's brains out is, in it's own way, even better though, especially the laugh afterwards.

If there are multiple fatalities, then Joker's three would be the confirmed one, acid flower, and Joker Venom (the no laugh, just ghastly grin kind). Seeing them done on Batman should prove... interesting... I hope there's specific quotes for if you fight certain characters.

Catwoman's in it... but is she really a villain? THey use the costume she uses recently, as a hero, but... I guess.. with the lack of confirmed villains... I can't really see her as anything but an anti-hero, especially since the Hush storyline. I can't really see her killing anyone (the only character I can remember her killing is Black Mask), though her fatalities will probably involve her claws...

Deathstroke. The Original Terminator. Don't know about him too well, but I'm sure his fighting style will be nice and overpowering-centric.

Darkseid... Has he and/or his fatality (ies?) been confirmed? Not that we don't already know what it is... (Omega Beam Disintegration)

What other villains have been confirmed? Lex maybe (in some sort of suit)? He'll definitely show up in the storyline at least...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just saw the rosters today. The moment I saw the Joker was in it, I looked for the fatality info (when i last looked up this game DC had called no fatalities), and had to take a few moments to cheer. Joker's fatality is nice and simple, I has hoping his spear gun would show up, though they didn't use it the way I thought they'd use it (with the Spear impaling the victim). Him blowing his opponent's brains out is, in it's own way, even better though, especially the laugh afterwards.

If there are multiple fatalities, then Joker's three would be the confirmed one, acid flower, and Joker Venom (the no laugh, just ghastly grin kind). Seeing them done on Batman should prove... interesting... I hope there's specific quotes for if you fight certain characters.

Catwoman's in it... but is she really a villain? THey use the costume she uses recently, as a hero, but... I guess.. with the lack of confirmed villains... I can't really see her as anything but an anti-hero, especially since the Hush storyline. I can't really see her killing anyone (the only character I can remember her killing is Black Mask), though her fatalities will probably involve her claws...

Deathstroke. The Original Terminator. Don't know about him too well, but I'm sure his fighting style will be nice and overpowering-centric.

Darkseid... Has he and/or his fatality (ies?) been confirmed? Not that we don't already know what it is... (Omega Beam Disintegration)

What other villains have been confirmed? Lex maybe (in some sort of suit)? He'll definitely show up in the storyline at least...
Wait wait wait, Darkseid's been confirmed? Holy ****ing shiza! *goes to the site*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No. He asked if Darkseid was in the game, and if so, what were his fatalities.

It's just a matter of time. Even if he's not playable, he's in the game, I guarantee it.
Doh, bummer. Oh well, you're probably right.

Top Bottom