• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi: Webster's Birthday Bash! 1-29-11

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Sure, loss of a stock sounds fair. I vote yes.

Sago

Smash Lord
unless the pause negatively effects game play there should be no penalty. I pause fairly often to reset my controller. I just ask first.

And the fact that people were DQ'd for pausing at this tournament with there having been no pause rule in place is the dumbest thing ive heard in a long time. Lets have some pride people and not just dq because we want the easy win

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Out of curiousity, what exactly happened with the pause at this tournament?
Kennispam got Cheese Combo'd by Akashi in doubles even though there was no pause rule, so I guess he just assumed there was one.

Kennispam read DLA's DI badly in the middle of a Cheese Combo that ended up them replaying Game 3 and DLA winning.

YoshQ tripped during their Game 2 on Frigate while on the platform as it was going away and Kennispam paused "out of excitement" then just DQ'd himself without saying a word, effectively Cheese Comboing himself out of the tournament.

Though it's kind of ****ed up how much some people are willing to NOT play the game at a tournament.

I vote Yes that if it's the maximum punishment. If it's for resetting controls and what not, you can time that specifically so its not a big deal. There is no time where pausing would affect the match more than that one stock. Well, maybe not true, a Ness or Lucas could be in the middle of recovering after they just lost a stock and be at low percents and have their up-B recoveries ****ed by pausing could essentially be a free suicide stock that I would personally ask for a DQ because that's just straight up dirty playing. I can't think of another time that a DQ would be fair though.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
It should be a stock for accidental pauses.

If it's clear that the pause was on purpose (up to the discretion of the TOs), then I have no problem with a DQ. That ****'s low.

For example, if you're 2 stocking a Lucas or something on his last stock, you can't pause while he's recovering as a "finishing move" lol.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Get Stuff Kain... Keep it up... Show em how we get down!

What's up with all this splitting Jazz? God Kais take it all!!!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Get Stuff Kain... Keep it up... Show em how we get down!

What's up with all this splitting Jazz? God Kais take it all!!!
We cudnt finish the last set of GFs cus the venue was closing

So far I'm 0-2 with this venue. I need to stop gettin timed out

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Pause rules. ASK A ****ING TO T.O. COME OVER. Situations differ, and it honestly takes 2 minutes.

I will update the OP with brackets and stuff.

Side idea, how does everyone feel about playing out tiebreakers for placing, which could be more useful for PR info. It really wouldn't take any more time seeing as the bracket starts getting slow right when placings of the same # start happening. If not for every place, then just for top 10 or something... I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
unless the pause negatively effects game play there should be no penalty. I pause fairly often to reset my controller. I just ask first.

And the fact that people were DQ'd for pausing at this tournament with there having been no pause rule in place is the dumbest thing ive heard in a long time. Lets have some pride people and not just dq because we want the easy win
this.

i lost alot of respect for akashi because of what he did. i think its the most ******** thing ever that we are even having this problem. i mean seriously? are we all just little brats who still suck our own thumbs and fight over who gets the red cup instead of the blue one?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Pause rules. ASK A ****ING TO T.O. COME OVER. Situations differ, and it honestly takes 2 minutes.

I will update the OP with brackets and stuff.

Side idea, how does everyone feel about playing out tiebreakers for placing, which could be more useful for PR info. It really wouldn't take any more time seeing as the bracket starts getting slow right when placings of the same # start happening. If not for every place, then just for top 10 or something... I dunno, just throwing out ideas.
This is what I've been saying all along lol.

It's very situational, so in all cases one should call over a ref/judge/T.O./whatever to assess the situation.

Pause should be kept enabled as well. There are times where a pause is needed...I.E. LRAStart, calling over a TO, TV losing power(lol). Not being able to pause affects the timer in a lot of cases, and if pause is disabled there isn't a thing you can do about it.

I do like the tiebreaker matches idea too...it would be at the cost of friendlies/MMs, but even that wouldn't be much of a big deal.

Also, I had a lot of fun T.O.ing once again, always good to see people having fun and cooperating with everyone...and there not being anyone named Lain. Things went very fast and smooth...unfortunately as melee/brawl winded down to the end, they started holding up each other and we couldn't finish. It's all good...we'll get 'em next time!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sago and Arty just need to pick one game to be good at like me and Scythe. :laugh:

I believe the results are fully updated besides a character or 2 I'm not sure about.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Trufax Sago paused it during our GFs set, why did I have to split again?

(He had to reset his control and he asked what a nice guy)

No but really pause rule is dumb. It should only matter if you do it during something vital like a CG or about to get gimped. Along the lines of that

Also tiebreaker rules are kinda cool, and they kinda make things more competitive for those below 3rd

Arty

Smash Lord
I just remembered Barnes paused the game against me in game 3 of our Melee set. I want my 3rd place money. :awesome:

But seriously, I would never DQ someone for pausing, even if there was a rule in place.

And the tiebreakers are a good idea, only for top 8 though.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I know who it is your mad against.

So no worries.
When I said it has nothing to do with you, I meant your character as well. XD

Melinda should've DQ'd me game 2 of our set, because I paused at the beginning of the match to change colors because the ROB texture that was on the Wii pissed me off, lol.

DQ's are stupid, imo. I've had people pause on me mid game, and I didn't really care, as long as it didn't disrupt me. Why, a few tournaments ago, Sponge and I paused our match because Sponge wanted to shake my hand for getting off a clutch inhalecide as Dedede. XD

Dragmire

Smash Lord
1)Sago great to see you as always dude, way to tear this tourney apart (and destroy my ganon XD)
3)Arty close *** melee match dude but your samus is nuts
5)DLA we didn't ganon ditto :(
9)Oro?! feels great to get killed by your every time in melee, only helps me though you've been gettting my melee game so much better thanks dude
17) Red Ryu lol i was so quiet this tourney but wutev good talking with you
17)King you killed me in brawl, but we had some great matches in melee
17)Dietz PS3 >>>>>>> 360 controller
17)Norm smash 64 controllers are crappy, i'll try to post it if i bring it to the next one
25) Dragmire way to go for having the only melee setup, i love you man :3

webster hope you had a great birthday, and ggs to everyone

more hype for other fighters in dis *****

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
How about instead of talking about the pause rule.

We all get hyped for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3!!!! Whoooooooo so many feelings will be hurt. ^_^

WHERE'S YO CURLY MUSTACHE!!!

Okay back to Pause rule. Don't Pause unless you absolutely have to. And if it's on accident, let it slide. If you FEEL it was done on purpose. Call a T.O and someone will resolve the issue.

The Maximum penalty is loss of stock.

And people need to NOT jump down Akashi's throat. Apparently this was NOT the first time Kennispam paused in the middle of his matches with him. And he said to me he LET kennispam slide with it before. It was last stock and they were winning, kennispam paused out of frustration. So he felt the DQ was legit.

Pro tip:

In "Traditional" fighting games. Pause during a match is absolutely the worst. And it's up to the opponent if the round is taken or not.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Actually Kenni had the lead, Akashi was on his last stock, and Kenni had 2, he died and probably thought it was his last one and paused as he was dying, then realized he had one left and went to unpause, but Akashi just told him he was gonna DQ him for it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Dragmire I promise you more Melee friendlies whenever you come to another one. And 64 friendlies. Falcon dittos on Dream Land so are so legit.

And yeah, I didn't bring my setup for Melee, and Scythe's was used for Brawl. So you were clutch. :)

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Everyone was awesome it was fun playing with all of you again :)

sucks for kenni but you gotta learn to not spam pause button (according to the story) :p

but pausing once against yosh for a stock he already lost... uhm xD I don'tthink you should have disqualified yourself, he died already.

When I find something in smash real funny I pause because someone has to "regain" themselves otherwise its hard to concentrate

of course kenni spamming pauses isn't legit if it's accidental or someone NEEDS to get their composure back they shouldn't be punished for it.

Webster I recommend REQUIRING TO's coming over and the player giving(s) their story. I watched a lot of matches that so I can just be a T.O. that watches what's going on ..

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
SSBB Singles (29 entrants)
1)Sago :metaknight: - Good job taking a set off of Kain, stepping it up good sir. I missed the MM you wanted to do, wanna do it at EoL?

1)Kain :wolf: - Dude you got stage screwed on Frigate and Cruise, Still want to play friendlies against you again. It's fun.

3)Arty :falco::metaknight::gw: - What happened to jumping me after the tournament? You could have mugged me for the last 3 dollars I had on me. Also revenge working on that comeback on Fatboy after he sent you to losers.

4)Fatboy Slim, The Warden from Superjail :metaknight: - I love the name, keep coming here your one spot away from placing in $$.

5)Hunger :wario: - I turned the 3 stock on SV to a 1 stock on FD, still being inactive you wrecked me hard. I won't let that 3 stock happen again, lol. Keep coming dude, and I'll try and camp less, seems like it wasn;t helping on Zwarm or others at all.

5)DLA :ganondorf::pikachu2::metaknight: - I missed our MM as well. Your ganon still makes me afraid to play you, your pika is good but your ganon even in double makes me go, "OH LORD!" whenever you kill me. Also warlock punching Zwarm was way to lol.

7)YoshQ :metaknight::luigi2: - I missed this MM as well, sorry. :< I'm always down for one with you, I really want to learn Luc vs Luigi so I stop losing my cool and getting UpB killed in the first 10 seconds of our games.

7)Kirk :ike::olimar: - IF I ever move to IL can I move into your new mansion you got confirmed from the bank, lmao. Your a good TO with webster and Oro.

9)Oro?! :marth: - Making it up there, place in higher and get really Lulzy for saying, "I don't play Brawl and I place in money" Do it!

9)Kappy :kirby2: - Making it up the ladder into placements, work on some MU's and Kirby will be the embodyment of happiness he truly is.

9)Grimace :snake: - I thought I was gonna be fine against you when I beat your Marth in Melee, then you switch to my personal bane Falcon and I said, "damn it" in my head. Peach's Dsmash is really homo though.

9)KenniSPAM :sheik::metaknight: - The pause stuff was gay, not gonna lie. Don't let this discourage you, you can place well.

13)Akashi :marth::snake: - I'll be ready for your Marth at EoL, I'm gonna learn that MU as hard as I can.

13)Meneil :ike: - I swear I think your one of the best Ike's around but keeping having to play Kain and other players early on.

13)Scythe :lucario: - Triple Lucario in doubles was so silly, Jordan was getting full off of Aura spheres all day. Also Falcon is gay, you make me hate him so much. :mad:

13)Akrio :sheik: - Good job dude, I gotta work on beating Sheik better. Your kinda quiet, but it's fine. Let's keep playing when you do come down sometime.

17) SpongeJordan :lucas::metaknight: - I failed us in doubles, I have let my true partner down! :cry:

17) Red Ryu :lucario: - We'll do better next time, just practice and work harder.

17) Aimee :kirby2: - Oh I should talk to you.

17)King :pikachu2: - Pikachu vs Lucario isn't that bad, but I'm not gonna lie if I learn that MU better...I can see why Pikachu's would hate it. Still you beat me legit when we played Pika vs Lucario, Get those gimps and reads on me.

17) Zwarm :rob: - Aura is dumb sometimes, You can beat me, Still don't do Peach vs Luc on me in tournament. while I do lose that MU more often I do understand it better than R.O.B.

17)Moozle :peach: - Moozle you got your hair cut, I like it. Lets play again, I wanna see if I can do better than last time.

17)Dietz :luigi2: - Can you teach me blazblue? I want to learn the game a bit. Also homework for digital logic was really easy.

17)Norm :lucario::snake: - Triple Lucario was indeed silly.

25) Lokeloki :mario2: - Mario is hard with his fireball approaches, silly gimps and falcon in melee were fun.

25)Justin :ness2: - Ness + your name = me liking you.

25)D King :lucario: - More Lucarios? Nice.

25) Dragmire :ganondorf: - Dude I'll play Smash64 anytime you ask, heck 'll play any smash game of your choice when you want. Your so chillaxe and I love it.

25)Neonsex :marth: - Were you the one that came with YoshQ? If so I wish I could have played you, my bad.

Tetsion - Lets play even if you don't enter singles. Please?

Had fun, learned things I gotta work on. And hope we fix pausing. :249:

Dragmire

Smash Lord
Dragmire I promise you more Melee friendlies whenever you come to another one. And 64 friendlies. Falcon dittos on Dream Land so are so legit.

And yeah, I didn't bring my setup for Melee, and Scythe's was used for Brawl. So you were clutch. :)
glad to hear it, funny thing about the setup is i was contemplating bringing it XD also i might think about bringing a tv to these things if i can

Oro?!

Smash Hero
9)Oro?!:marth: - Making it up there, place in higher and get really Lulzy for saying, "I don't play Brawl and I place in money" Do it!

My life's goal!

Akashi

Smash Lord
this.

i lost alot of respect for akashi because of what he did. i think its the most ******** thing ever that we are even having this problem. i mean seriously? are we all just little brats who still suck our own thumbs and fight over who gets the red cup instead of the blue one?
Whatever, I'll address this now because I'm tired of people saying I "cheese'd" Kenni, etc etc.

Kenni has paused in every match I've played with him in the last two MAS. I'm not kidding, EVERY match. He's done it to me in $MMs, he's done it to me in tourney sets... f*ck, he's done it to me in friendlies. It completely messes with my mindset, and in all honesty it's frustrating. When Kenni paused midmatch in our doubles, it was a 1v1. I was focused and when he paused I lost it. There SHOULD have been a pause penalty (like every other tournament), but unfortunately I mixed up the rules. I'm sorry for causing a scene, but I'm NOT sorry for DQing someone who has repeatedly done this to me.

If you guys have lost respect for me on this, then I don't really care. Sorry

edit: if you guys want to respond, post here plz http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=101412 so we don't drama-up this thread

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
1)Sago - grats on making it this far!
1)Kain - ^ that and gg's! Nice Ike! I don't believe you when you said you can't jab cancel yet, cause you can't grab after a jab without canceling it first <.< when I got home I went and tested it just to make sure lol.

3)Arty - thanks for taking us to the blue line

4)Fatboy Slim, The Warden from Superjail - nice to see you again, been too long!

5)Hunger - ^ and don't worry, I was wearing three layers. :p

7)YoshQ - ggs in money match!

9)Kappy - grats on making it to top 10, you liar! You forgot you beat Dietz so that made 3 wins instead of 2, huh?

9)Grimace - nice seeing you again, been too long!

9)KenniSPAM - ggs!

13)Akashi -<3 I love you, sweetie. =)

13)Scythe - You never want to MM D: play me at least once, even if it's random.

13)Akrio - ggs, hope to see you again!

17) SpongeJordan - (super late response to previous shout-out) D: sorry for camping you out on spear pillar eons ago, I honestly don't realize when I'm camping. I actually feel like I'm an aggressive player, but everyone tells me I'm defensive/patient/camp, so I guess I'm not. lol

17) Red Ryu - you were playing really well from what I saw that day, nice job. Also I was excited to play Kain xD When Oro read the bracket for me, he thought I was being sarcastic about being excited to brawl Kain. I actually haven't played any of the people I played at that tournament in bracket for a long time, so I really enjoyed all the matches.

17) Aimee - I wasn't sure if it was you at first lol >.> so I didn't say much. Sorry. But glad you could make it again!

17)King - random everything MM next time? You're one of the few people I haven't played yet in it. :D

17) Zwarm - ggs in bracket, hope we can cook for you next time!

17)Moozle - Nice to see you again after so much time! Come back so we can finish up that tied random MM :D

17)Dietz - haven't seen you in forever either! Hope you come back :D

25)Neonsex - ggs in our friendlies and doubles match!

Webster - Happy bday again!! ^^ Hope there wasn't too much drama.

Edit: Thanks for the ride too, Oro. sorry xD

Also I vote for losing a stock if your opponent pauses without both players' consent. Even if the pause doesn't adversely affect play, it can break up the flow of the game, so unless there's something wrong like a controller functioning improperly, I don't think the game should ever be paused >.>

yoshq

Smash Master
YES .

also pausing within the first stock of the match is cool. after that, dq

shoutout to kenni: if you hadn't have gotten up and unplugged your controller i would have just told you to unpause it and keep playing... LOL

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I figured you would be the kind of guy that wouldn't care about it Yosh, I think Kenni was just rage mode after the 2 pauses going against him before.

Top Bottom