• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Enemy of All Time

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say: The Gomez (Stone Tower temple: Mini-Boss), he has all those annoying bats flying around him and if he hits you, you lose 4 hearts, OMG. And he owns Oni Link, because Oni Link has no light arrows >_>.

thecheat

Smash Apprentice
Darin (Marquess Laus) from fire emblem. He, taking 2hp worth damage from all of their attacks togetheter , killed off my level 15 paladin (Marcus) and my level 8 general (Oswin). I got so PO'd i restarted the game. Numbuh 2 is the green goblin from Ultimate Spider-man. I try to lift the downed billboard off the civillians, but his HoMo fireballs make me drop it, and the civillians die. When I fought him, I did nothing less than beat the green off his face.

:mad:

NukeA6

Smash Master
NGCXX said:
I'd say: The Gomez (Stone Tower temple: Mini-Boss), he has all those annoying bats flying around him and if he hits you, you lose 4 hearts, OMG. And he owns Oni Link, because Oni Link has no light arrows >_>.
Gomez is easy to beat.

Ashura Fan

Smash Apprentice
Flame Hyanard from Megaman X7. Do I really need to say it?
"Burn! Burn! Burn to the Ground! Burn! Burn to the Ground!"

Also, Sonic and Diablon in Shadow the Hedgehog. Takes forever to beat. Black Bull after the one Jungle stage is also pretty annoying, condiering you have to get at him from the rail.

Biohazard in SA2. He's not bad until you need to deliver the final blow.

I'm trying to think of a few more...

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Master.Lord.Marth. said:
I hate that wizard from Golden Sun lost age *if anyone remembers his name, help me out*. He had 5-6 *don't remember* sphere monsters *one healed him every turn around 500 hp, other attack you with thunder, other wiht water/ice other with earth, other with fire moves and one that put a shield up which cut any attack power by 3/4* And if you killed any of them he would just bring the back in a fwe turns. That was such a crappy fight
The Star Magician. The guy was annoying. Most of the GS2 optional bosses were hard, like Sentinal and Bullrog. But out of those 3, I'd have to admit, the Star Magician was the hardest just because of his 5 balls... Weren't you suppose to kill all his balls, then finally go after him, or something like that. It's been a while, like 5 months, since I actually played GS2. I've only beat the game once, and was near the end the second time.

IMO, the last boss of the game, for GS2, Doom Dragon, was easier than the Star Magician. The Star Magician and his pesky balls.... RAWR ... makes me want to take out my game and beat him.

link905

Smash Rookie
falcoX said:
my most annoying is any mario kart computer character on 150 cc or high. OMFG!!!!!111111!!!! they ****in always cheat its so ****in ridiculous! I slam my controller in disgust as i am cheated, yet again, from winning the special cup in extra mode for MK64!1 GRRRRR!!!
I feel your pain.

courage

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I hate the way the computer cheats but I love it. To me the most anoying boss has to be....................

Indelecio From Star Ocean The Second Story. After you turn off his limiter And if the difficulty is on universal mode Its immpossible to beat him. Even after I maxed out my four characters to level 255 and equiped them with the best equipment we don't stand a chance. He has like 66,000,000 HP and he says spells while running around and belive me hes extremly fast. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres no way anyone has ever beaten him I dare anyone to find someone that beat him......... I DARE YOU.....!!!! It took me ONE HOUR in the easiest mode to beat him with his limiter off........

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
All the bosses in "Hanging Waters" in Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the future. That level was so annoying in itself, but then you had to beat 3 bosses and outsmart a squid at the same time. You couldnt start over either because the level was one gradual climb so if you shut your PS2 or Dreamcast off you had to start over.
Pretty much Ecco: DOTF is the most annoying and scariest game ever. Like I could be alone, at 4 A.M., thunderstorming, playing Resident Evil with ACTUAL zombies outside and I still wouldn't be as scared as I was playing Ecco: DOTF. That game was so rediculously hard. Just think of that one annoying jump in Megamanx6 and apply that annoying factor to the entire game. THAT's Ecco: DOTF.

Nubbin

Smash Rookie
The dogs from stage 3-A in Shinobi(PS2) get my vote.

It's bad enough that they can and will violate your life guage within a matter of seconds, but they generally come in groups of 4+ and can't be damaged from the front. so your only option is to stealth dash behind them, upon doing so you inadvertantly dash into another dogs attack and promptly get your head handed to you. if you don't dash into another dog's attack then there's a good chance that when you attack the dog you have targeted your sword is deflected because another dog is facing and standing next to the first one.

smashjedi

Smash Rookie
Master.Lord.Marth. said:
I hate that wizard from Golden Sun lost age *if anyone remembers his name, help me out*. He had 5-6 *don't remember* sphere monsters *one healed him every turn around 500 hp, other attack you with thunder, other wiht water/ice other with earth, other with fire moves and one that put a shield up which cut any attack power by 3/4* And if you killed any of them he would just bring the back in a fwe turns. That was such a crappy fight
It's been a while since i played that game, but what i did was take out his earth and water spheres, the ones that heal and protect him. keep doing that until there are only wind and/or fire spheres. I would recommend keeping it just to wind spheres because the fire ones self destruct on you and then the wizard guy summons more. Once that happens, dont attack any of the spheres. Just focus your attacks on the wizard. It's really helpful if you have the Sol Blade from the Mars lighthous (the last one) because it does MASSIVE damage. of course it also helps for your characters to be leveled up. thats all i can think of. Hope it helps!!!!

-the buddhist dishwasher owns your liver!!!!!!

smashjedi

Smash Rookie
i would have to say the green goblin from ultimate spiderman. you have to chase him down before you fight him. he moves so fast that its almost impossible to keep up with him. i kept messing up so many times that i finally got the route he takes memorized so i could take shortcuts. it seems like they made the game so that you HAVE to do that. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

FlareBlade

BRoomer
BRoomer
in one temple in the very first Zelda, their was guys that took about 5 hearts of every attack, i died more than 50 times trying that temple but it was to annoying that i quit <.<

(in my Zelda Collector´s Edition)

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
Any relativly hard boss from either Golden Sun or the final boss of paper mario 2. You make 1 tiny mistake and have to sit through yet another 15 minute cut scene! YYAARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four_Star

Smash Cadet
Croco from Super Mario RPG! :mad: Every time he uses a bomb in the second battle, you always die!(Well, most of the time...)

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
SmashKing89 said:
You think that guy was tough????????? Try fighting the Living Armor (also Tales of Symphonia.) He has 2x the hp of Abyssion, and while Abyssion mainly uses physical attacks that, while tough, are blockable, the Living Armor instantly casts the strongest spells in the game, which can kill any character below level 80 in two or three hits. Abyssion may be tough, but he is nothing compared to Living Armor.
Both Abyssion and Living Armor were weak as hell. The only REAL challenge in ToS was the colisium exhibition match with those three people from the other 'Tales' game. Those guys were a b***h to fight. 'Acid Rain', 'Ground Beast', Garr's freakin' arrows, and the life bottles they used on each other made this fight the most difficult battle I've ever played.

Other enemies that are annoying:
1. Pronyma (second time)- that 'Agorazium' attack comes so fast.
2. Hell Knight- his sword is sooo big.
3. Yggdrasill- his 'Outburst' (blue eruption) is so disruptive.
4. Mithos (first form)- 'Retribution' (like acid rain but induces a variety of status effects.)
5. Iapyx- you're so inexperienced when you fight him and his attacks do so much damage.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
This isn't really a boss, but the space pirates from metroid prime are just flat-out annoying. You're trying to get someplace and you walk into a room that they're in and it turns dark and you just end up fighting the useless things for about 3 min and losing 50 health......I end up going way out of my way just to avoid them!!

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
papayasown said:
All the bosses in "Hanging Waters" in Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the future. That level was so annoying in itself, but then you had to beat 3 bosses and outsmart a squid at the same time. You couldnt start over either because the level was one gradual climb so if you shut your PS2 or Dreamcast off you had to start over.
Pretty much Ecco: DOTF is the most annoying and scariest game ever. Like I could be alone, at 4 A.M., thunderstorming, playing Resident Evil with ACTUAL zombies outside and I still wouldn't be as scared as I was playing Ecco: DOTF. That game was so rediculously hard. Just think of that one annoying jump in Megamanx6 and apply that annoying factor to the entire game. THAT's Ecco: DOTF.
I saw a demo of it. So kinda impossible. :ohwell: :dizzy: :psycho:

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Most annoying enemy of all time. . .?

Phantom, 1st time (Devil May Cry): Not that this boss was especially difficult, but it was a huge step up in overall difficulty, considering that it's the very, very beginning of a game that has a hugely steep learning curve. It was only made worse when I realized that DMC had one of the most frustrating cameras in the history of games--I would run in a certain direction, the camera angle would shift instantly and dramatically, leaving me disoriented while the game failed to adjust w/the change in perspective, often making me vulnerable to cheap hits. Stupid, stupid boss w/horrible camera system. . .I think I played that boss at least 35 times, and I'm not exaggerating.

Fire Leo (Viewtiful Joe): Very annoying, b/c there's really no indication of what you're supposed to do to get past his impenetrable fire armor. . .and even when you do figure it out, the pattern is so long-winded and erratic that he's near impossible to anticipate. Plus, he tends to nail you w/tons of damaging attacks. Very, very irritating.

Kanbei or Sturm, (Advance Wars 1): Any of the harder battles in that game, particularly "Kanbei's Error?" or "The Final Battle" (especially on Advance Campaign). You're usually up against a superior foe who has much better stats than you, who has not only out-teched you w/better units (who all happen to be w/in striking distance of your bases), but also has an ungodly number of units to throw at you. It usually goes down to being able to make only 1 or 2 right moves, or else you inevitably die.

Lakitu (Super Mario): I'm trying to go my merry way to the end of the level, and this ******* has an endless supply of spinys to throw at me which are impossible to kill w/o fireballs, floats on a cloud that's horribly difficult to reach, and follows me where ever I go. Great. If I had a penny for every time he's screwed me over, I could die a rich, rich man.

Honorable mention definitely goes to Metroid Prime's Chozo ghosts and space pirates w/the reverse-engineered wave/power/ice/plasma beams. They have way too much HP, and jump on top of you at the same time firing beams of death. . .if you don't run fast enough (or don't have the X-ray visor in the case of the Chozo ghosts), then you lose at least 1/2 your life. Wonderful.

D

Deleted member

well, if you play smash bros. probably Drephen. otherwise it's ranboob

Best101

Smash Ace
Fawful in Mario and Luigi SS. He wasn't difficult I just hated ******** metaphors he always used. That game isn't all that hard until you get to the final boss.

Smash Lord
Maester Seymour from FFX

He was just annoying. You had to fight him like 5 times before he permanently died!

antimatter

Smash Lord
Cackletta from Mario and Luigi: SS.

I still can't beat her.

You think you're close and then her moves last twice as long and just whoop you.
damm! i thought i was the only person to have that trouble! but then, i've never been able to pull of bros. attacks...

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Sigma from Megaman X because when you beat him he always had a second and sometimes even a 3rd form which was ridiculosly strong
I agree and pretty much any other boss that had a 2nd or 3rd form, that's just unfair! Why not when the hero gets defeated he transforms into a new form? Imo that would make a bad *** concept to a game! Also, I could never beat that cheating ***** Alma from Ninja Gaiden, I got so fed up with trying to beat her I just gave up and got rid of the game! XD

:3

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Zubat from the Pokemon games. Every time you walk through a cave, every 5 seconds you run into a Zubat. It makes you want to throw your Game Boy at the wall.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
i was also gonna bring up FFX since i rushed through the game and found out the hard way that it was a bad idea after battles that lasted more than an hour where i ended up dying everytime.

but Guitar Hero 3's Lou
i swear he hacks or uses gameshark

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
The Titri strain of Guilt from Trauma Center. Pure hell if you don't know the trick to prevent it from multiplying.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Grrrrrr that Vaati from the LoZ: Minish Cap is still bugging me I get through his first 2 forms fine, but the 3rd one i hate.
Not so had once you figure out his pattern. I beat the whole game with only 3 hearts.

Wow, I can't believe noone mentioned The End from Metal Gear Solid 3. That guy was so annoying to fight. He wasn't hard, just painstakingly annoying to deal with. Yeah, most of the boss fights I had in that game lasted 5-15 minutes but that 1st time I had faced The End, I was looking for that guy for over an hour and still didn't beat him, then he ended up killing me with one shot to the head...

VERY ANNOYING. I then found a proper way to beat him after that, but finding him was still a pain in the ***.
Yeah. He always starts in a particular place whether it's Easy, Normal, or Extreme except in Duel Mode on Special Mode. I defeated him in that mode, but his spawning point is completely random there, so you need luck, speed, and great aim to win. Also, one take one head shot in that mode, and you have lost the battle. This is hard to avoid with his superhuman accuracy. That battle can end 15 seconds after it starts. :( It took a few days for me to obtain victory, but it was worth it.

Platinum Armored Space Pirates from Super Metroid. 2 screens before the Ridley fight, You are locked in wiith them until they die. Their damage adds up and they are faster than the other space pirates. They cannot get harmed when they have the armor active. The only way to damage them is to have them chase you to make them flash gold for 1 second. Even then, they require multiple hits to kill and it is a time consuming proccess.
The only weapon that can instantly destroy them is the Hyper beam, but you don't get that until it's time to escape Planet Zebes.
After you are done, you end up with about half your energy. Fortunately, the endless spawning of enemies one screen later helps.

Nemesis from Final Fantasy X. The strongest of all the arena monsters. I can defeat him easily now, but he used to be a big pain to fight. He has a absurd amount of HP. With my party doing 99,999 every hit, it took over 107 hits to eliminate him. He is very fast too. He will have several turns unless your speed is over 230 or if you use Haste. He deals incredible amounts of damage. Even with my characters' defense and magic defense maximized and my party's average HP about 55,000 HP, he is still capable of using Armageddon to KO all of them in one hit. Thank god for Auto-Life.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Not so had once you figure out his pattern. I beat the whole game with only 3 hearts.

Yeah. He always starts in a particular place whether it's Easy, Normal, or Extreme except in Duel Mode on Special Mode. I defeated him in that mode, but his spawning point is completely random there, so you need luck, speed, and great aim to win. Also, one take one head shot in that mode, and you have lost the battle. This is hard to avoid with his superhuman accuracy. That battle can end 15 seconds after it starts. :( It took a few days for me to obtain victory, but it was worth it.

Platinum Armored Space Pirates from Super Metroid. 2 screens before the Ridley fight, You are locked in wiith them until they die. Their damage adds up and they are faster than the other space pirates. They cannot get harmed when they have the armor active. The only way to damage them is to have them chase you to make them flash gold for 1 second. Even then, they require multiple hits to kill and it is a time consuming proccess.
The only weapon that can instantly destroy them is the Hyper beam, but you don't get that until it's time to escape Planet Zebes.
After you are done, you end up with about half your energy. Fortunately, the endless spawning of enemies one screen later helps.

Nemesis from Final Fantasy X. The strongest of all the arena monsters. I can defeat him easily now, but he used to be a big pain to fight. He has a absurd amount of HP. With my party doing 99,999 every hit, it took over 107 hits to eliminate him. He is very fast too. He will have several turns unless your speed is over 230 or if you use Haste. He deals incredible amounts of damage. Even with my characters' defense and magic defense maximized and my party's average HP about 55,000 HP, he is still capable of using Armageddon to KO all of them in one hit. Thank god for Auto-Life.
The super Space Pirates weren't that hard. You just jump over their heads, then they'll flip over you and jump in the air to do a flying kick thing, at which point they turn gold, then you just blast them with the plasma/ice/wave beam until they die. Although I was horrified the first time to see they were immune to the screw attack. Ridley was harder.

But for me, the most annoying enemy was one of the following.

Serenade-Megaman Battle Network 3: God, I could not STAND fighting Serenade! He's even harder than the godly Forte GS. Well, those who have played the game may have become aware of the mysterious "S" who is supposedly the highest ranking member of the group...haven't played in a while, I don't really remember who they are. Anyway, the one who's been commanding BeastMan and MistMan/BowlMan. He's a secret boss, but he's hard as hell. He uses his cosmic ring things to block every single attack you throw at him no matter what. The only time you can attack him is when he's doing his super attack that hits your entire area for several hundred damage. Believe me, Serenade=hard as hell.

Those freaking bat things-Star Fox Adventures: If the nigh-impossible puzzles in this game weren't enough to make you want to quit, the flying *****es were. They randomly fly at you at random times and attack you, and are very hard to hit. Plus, you can't run away from them, they just follow you until they hit you twice. Very annoying.

Draygon-Super Metroid: You probably can't find many people who would disagree that Draygon is pretty much the hardest boss in Super Metroid. He flies at you and hits you with his stinger, and doesn't give you much time to shoot his weak point on his stomach before going off screen again. When he does come slow enough to be shot, he randomly grabs you, flies into the air with you and drains four energy tanks unavoidably, and you can't hit him while doing it. Of course, if you've learned the uber cheater's way of killing Draygon, then you probably didn't have as much trouble.

I might come back with more later.

Top Bottom