• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most combo/technique oriented character

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure if this has been asked before, but searching combo gives me so many results.

So what character do YOU feel is the most combo/technique oriented character. Technique does NOT mean AT's or whatever (like Link) but rather finesse or patter integrated. This is more reminiscent of Fox from Melee.

So which character do you feel is the most combo/technique oriented?

I feel it's Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, or Peach.

I'm asking this because I went away on vacation ann got back and am wicked rusty with all my characters. So I'm going to invest my snow day today into developing a character that I have either used before or haven't used. I want to get an idea of characters who are more technique oriented so I can figure out why they are and maybe either pick them up or develop a character based off those factors. I'm not asking you to help me main someone, I'm asking which characters do you feel fit the elements. Thanks

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean and your gonna get a "LOL THERES NOT COMBS IN BRALWLAWL" but as far as finesse goes I've always seen Marth as a finesse character.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Probably Diddy, he's one of the only characters in Brawl who actually has -real- combos.

Tenki

Smash Hero

(For those of you who don't get it, Diddy)
lol, seconded.

Diddy's item shenanigans and followups are probably among the most 'technical' and rewarding ones in the cast :D

also, lol alot of people in the US getting a snow day today :D

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean and your gonna get a "LOL THERES NOT COMBS IN BRALWLAWL" but as far as finesse goes I've always seen Marth as a finesse character.
This is getting old, there are combos in brawl.
Not in the melee proportion though, but still.
Diddy is obviously known for this, peach can combo too, samus has some interesting material, etc.
Heck, even falcon is getting some first hit Nair combos...

Back on topic, if you're looking for something that feels like melee fox take MK.
JK, take some wicked learning curve character like peach or IC.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As in set up options? Diddy based on the bananas alone followed by Falco simply because of all the things you can do out of his dthrow even at higher percentages. After that, I'd probably say Metaknight, Shiek, ZSS, and, oddly enough, Mario. I guess you could throw in the Ice Climbers but I've never really seen chain grabs as set ups and have always sort of put them off in their own category.

Nicole

Smash Champion
diddy, peach, luigi, zero suit, fox, kirby, sheik, meta knight, lucario...lots of characters can combo in brawl, just not the same as in melee!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Eh, to stay off the Diddy Kong bangwagon, I'd say Falco technique-wise.
SH Lasers, chaingrabs, boost-grabbing, illusion tactics. Things like that.

:falco:

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Alex, I am disappointed. Link is the most TECHNICAL (though the techniques dont really do anything for his game) :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Matter of opinion, I only added my 2 cents, Mr. Hippo. :)
Link just controls projectiles and has some cool stuff to work with, especially zair tricks.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I know, homeskillet. I know. Then theres ICs and Diddy...cant really say much that hasnt been said.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Well, Ice Climbers just have the one technique, the chaingrabs, although there are I believe, by last count, fifty bajillion variations on the execution.

Anyway, it's kind of tough to nail down what quality you're referring to, but I think I know what it is, and I have to say Diddy. Diddy's game is very standard - you hope it never gets more complicated than Pull Bananas -> Throw Bananas -> Monkey Face ****.

It's odd though... because I don't actually know what I mean by "most," because I don't know what 'more' means in this discussion. For instance... are the Ice Climbers more... of what you're talking about, than Peach?

I really do feel like we are identifying something, but I can't describe what it is at all, except to know it's different from technical multiplication (like Link, as you said).

*furrows brow* :dizzy:

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Ganon and falcon actually have quite a lot of combos.

maybe as much as diddy, he just has bananas. so he'll be doing his combos more.

:093:

flareaga

Smash Cadet
toon link....its stupid hard, but boomerang, short hop arrow, bombs...messes people up.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
toon link....its stupid hard, but boomerang, short hop arrow, bombs...messes people up.
You're pretty much biased. Since when have Toon Link's boomerang, arrows, and bombs been techniques?

You can /almost/ use them for comboes, but there aren't many.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo I'm going for Diddy, Peach, lucario, marth (DB, DB, DB, or grab release shenanigans), or MK

some of the most technical characters are ICs or Link imo.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Now that I think about it, Samus needs to be on this list.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Lolink.
But he doesn't even use 90% of them.

Diddy's probably the most "technical", since 99% of the time hes just glide tossing. =P
You can /almost/ use them for comboes, but there aren't many.
I disagree with thisssss.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I disagree with thisssss.
I really should've seen this coming. :p

Well, yeah. Granted that he can combo with his projectiles, Samus shines in comparison to TL.
In terms of how well they work and the follow-ups.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
IMO...Anyone who is small and/or somewhat fast, really, including but not limited to: Fox, Falco, Diddy, Sonic, MK, Marth, ZSS, ICs, Lucario, and Toon Link.

For some reason, I find that Link has good combo potential as well.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Diddy or ZSS.

Diddy: Has to kepp his distance from opponents by effectively using bananas and peanuts.

ZSS: Has to master combos with her paralyzing moves and has to work her down b into her recovery.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
A better question would be who can chain attacks together the best. Meaning it doesn't have to be a combo but gives many follow up oppurtunities.
I.E. zelda dtilt to watever, always escapable but rarely is escaped

Top Bottom