• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most fun I've had in a LONG time (in Brawl)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Alright, I'm not saying Brawl isn't fun. I'm saying that this is fun compared to the CPU fights i've been doing for a long time. Also if you try this, feel free to tell about your experiances!

Today, my friend and his brother came over, and so, since it was raining outside, we played Brawl. We first started with 1vs1's, first proving that my Pikachu can beat my friends Toon Link. Then, my brother was bragging about how awesome his Ganon is, so I just couldn't resist facing him with my Dedede and 3 stocking him. :laugh:

Ok, so we got bored of that and we started doing 4 player fights. (no items)
We did fights in New Pork City, and a couple of my custom stages.

Well, then we got to Smashville. We did a fight or two there and then my friend told me of some ingenious idea. With the, "Title(Animal Crossing)" song, since it claps 2 times really fast at certain times in the song, we made it a rule that when it claps, you have to clap too. Who ever doesn't clap, well, you just think of a fair punishment.

It's just so awesome to have 4 people clap at the same time, in midgame. You have to stop playing for a few seconds as well as it's kind of hard to clap with the GC controller. If you haven't tried this yet, do it. Get some friends and clap! :laugh:

It just brings a smile/laugh to your face when someone's recovering and they have to clap. :laugh:

As a punishment we either punch the person who didn't clap, or make them kill themselves. If they refuse, we team them. :laugh:

I just have never laughed harder while playing Brawl, I recomend you guys try it out!

Edit: I nominate this stage best in Brawl.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
That sounds interesting. I would change one rule, though. If you didn't clap, everybody else gets to beat you up for a minute or two.

Neb

Smash Lord
Haha, good idea! Egh, I don't have enough people who play brawl though, sounds entertaining none the less.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm 14.

I'm surprised you guys didn't know about this...and, well I hope a lot of you guys try it and have a lot of fun with it! It works best with four people by the way. And it gives you a feeling you can't explain when everyone does a nice loud clap at the same time. XD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We should get this involved into competitive play!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
how old are you
INTERNET: SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Because smash "pros" sure do hate fun. That's why they are seen playing with items quite often outside of tournies, play tons of banned stages (Venom, Princess Peach's Castle, and above all, HYRULE TEMPLE!!), do the Bowser challenge, and the smash tournament scene is mostly known (outside of being one, if not the biggest fighting game competitive scene) for having cool people hanging out and scream "Spam *insert attack here* !!!", when everyone is having a good time, competiting and goofing off. Ya-with smash, it's ALWAYS seriousness, and never fun.

Seriously, get unserious. Have fun. The best of the best do it. Save the serious business for t3h 1nt3rn3tZ! :laugh: :embarrass :chuckle: O, and PLAY NEW PORK CITY! w00t! PARTY! FUN!

Basically, fun, competition, and competitive smash go together like peanut butter and apricot jelly and bread....YUMMY!!! Everyone is happy...except that one kid who is allergic to peanut butter! :laugh: We just give him strawberry jam instead, so he's okay! :)

Ya, this sounds like a fun idea. A REALLY FUN IDEA! :)

Currently what my rules are are:

1. Stop the total focus on fighting when balloons randomly fly by on Smashville and pop the balloons (without fully stopping the fight).

2. Kill as many shy guys on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) as possible.

3. Whenever someone farts with Wario's dB or really does fart, they have to scream "ALL RIGHT! I FARTED!"

4. When Sonic Boom plays, you MUST SING TO IT! Same with the Snake Eater theme, even despite the lack of voice! >_<

w00t to random [casual attiude] fun!

ndayday

BRoomer
Ya, this sounds like a fun idea. A REALLY FUN IDEA! :)

Currently what my rules are are:

1. Stop the total focus on fighting when balloons randomly fly by on Smashville and pop the balloons (without fully stopping the fight).

2. Kill as many shy guys on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) as possible.

3. Whenever someone farts with Wario's dB or really does fart, they have to scream "ALL RIGHT! I FARTED!"

4. When Sonic Boom plays, you MUST SING TO IT! Same with the Snake Eater theme, even despite the lack of voice! >_<

w00t to random [casual attiude] fun!

Dude, I love you. :laugh:

I do all of those except 3 and 4. I agree with the other guy saying that it should be involved in competitions. :laugh:

I completely agree with you Johnknight!

ndayday

BRoomer
The song is:

Title(Animal Crossing)

=)

nirniva

Smash Rookie
This is a great idea! I've so gotta try this!
Also. TC, I really like Smashville as well.

EDIT: Johnknight wins the Internet.

Top Bottom