• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

M.K

Level 55
Someone in Gimpyfish's Brawl Talk thread:

Person A: Gimpy is currently working on the 2007-08 Tier List
Person B: Why would he need to do something useless like tier.

^Rofl.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost I would like to point out the irony in that anime was called nerdy by people who have an account on a video game specific forum, many with more-then-just-casual post counts. It doesn't help that this board's intent is to discuss 1 game which is borderline obsessed if not full blown in love with it. Yes, I'm saying talking about how to properly wavedash, how to time a L-cancel, how many frames a move takes to complete etc etc is NERDY. ;) *admits full heartedly that hes a vg nut*:laugh:

anyway
I've had people tell me that "Brawl looks like a n64 game".
Obviously it was more a fanboy attack then anything, just to rile me up... what a tool :psycho:

"Sora will be in Brawl because he had a GBA game!"
Sora is the most annoying character to me because everyone who brings him up is a blind fan and can't give a good reason for him to be in... arg
ok I take back what i said about anime, that day I read about 5 comments on youtube saying that every Naruto character should be in the game >.>

Firebert

Smash Ace
"Ness is deconfirmed."
Lol this is a stupid one I hear a lot. For one, "deconfirmed" is not a real word. The word debunked means the same thing and is in dictionaries. Also, just because Lucas is in does not debunk Ness. Their movesets are different, kind of a Luigi'd Ness. These people annoy me too!

XSilverX

Smash Cadet
one of my friends: "hey one of my friends has that game"
me: "its not out till feb. 10th -_-"
one of my friends: "...oh.."
me: "-_-;;"

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Lol this is a stupid one I hear a lot. For one, "deconfirmed" is not a real word. The word debunked means the same thing and is in dictionaries. Also, just because Lucas is in does not debunk Ness. Their movesets are different, kind of a Luigi'd Ness. These people annoy me too!
Seconded. I'm starting to think nobody is genuinely convinced he's out but is just massively trolling the Earthbound community as many people seem to like doing. :|

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
my friend had his mind set that invader zim was in it. he wasnt even kidding around or guessing or "assuming" he was serious about it.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
my friend had his mind set that invader zim was in it. he wasnt even kidding around or guessing or "assuming" he was serious about it.
And Gir would be the Assist Trophy? Lol

I also want ness to return :( that blonde guy just isnt the same.

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
halo 3 > brawl.

halo 3 is a totally different game for a totally different console. **** fanboys.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl is gonna be horrible without wavedash!!!"
using wavedash does not seperate a noob from a pro. wavedash is just a technique most people dont know how to do. Knowing how wavedash works and how to counter people play style is a pro. i personally dont wavedash all the time. i know how but i really dont do it often. knowing how to deal with someone play style is what make you good. i play with a couple of friends who always wavedash. and no their not what you call noob at wavedashing. i beat them most of the time. sometime they beat me too. just because 95% of the noobs dont know how to wavedash does not neccessary make them an automatic noob.

flame on i guess

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
"Ness still has chances to be in Brawl!"

Ooooooooooooooooooh...

[size=-2]oh yes I did... ^_^[/size]

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Dumbest thing anyone has ever said about Brawl:

Pac-man as a playable character.
Yes, it would completely stupid for the most famous video game character ever to be in. It would be stupid for the main mascot of 1 of the biggest 3rd party companies to be in. It would be stupid for a character that already crossed paths with Mario more than once to be in. It would be stupid to acknowledge the existence of games after the original & he has actual moves in them.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yes, it would completely stupid for the most famous video game character ever to be in. It would be stupid for the main mascot of 1 of the biggest 3rd party companies to be in. It would be stupid for a character that already crossed paths with Mario more than once to be in. It would be stupid to acknowledge the existence of games after the original & he has actual moves in them.
Your right it is stupid.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
The two dumbest things that seem to keep going aorund the boards:

"Ness isn't deconfirmed yet. He still has a chance!!!"

"The update shows the starting roster!"

edit: I'd like to nominate this guy, and his pro- Pac Man in Brawl argument.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
The two dumbest things that seem to keep going aorund the boards:

"Ness isn't deconfirmed yet. He still has a chance!!!"

"The update shows the starting roster!"

I heard that! "The update shows the starting roster!"

Stop mocking me already!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I want to nominate this guy, for assuming something about the other guy for which he has absolutely no proof.

Congratulation's for being the epitome of stupidity!

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
"Hi my name is Tommy Hilfiger(im assuming he was just being funny, or else really dumb) and i hate Brawl cause it is the dumbest thing ever. Xbox is way cooler and they only lose money because they make good games that sell well."
My Question: "So y do they lose money if there games sell so well"
His Answer: "Cause they make games cheaper then it is to make them to please there customers"
Me: "So um y did they make this whole business,which are made to make money, if there gonna lose money"
His Answer: CAUSE THEIR COOLER THEN NINTENDO!!!
Me: lol, ok
Im not kidding this conversation really did occur and i just laughed and laughed at this for many hours =]

volbound1700

Smash Master
People who claim they know exactly if a character is going to make it or not: like the idiots posting that Ness is totally out when the language by Sakurai was not clear.

The fact is we know very little about what is going on with Brawl and even past statements have the time get overturned. Originally only 2 types of control now 4. Original release December 3rd - Now February.
Sakurai changes his mind on stuff.

maxieman

Smash Ace
People who claim they know exactly if a character is going to make it or not: like the idiots posting that Ness is totally out when the language by Sakurai was not clear.

The fact is we know very little about what is going on with Brawl and even past statements have the time get overturned. Originally only 2 types of control now 4. Original release December 3rd - Now February.
Sakurai changes his mind on stuff.
the same could be said for the guys that shout "NESS IS IN OMG I SWEAR I HAVE CONNECTIONS" or even the people who "just know"

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I want to nominate this guy, for assuming something about the other guy for which he has absolutely no proof.

Congratulation's for being the epitome of stupidity!
Well, I guess nearly all of Smash Boards is the epitome of stupidity, because only you and like 3 other people actually believe Pac Man will be in Brawl.

spiker101

Smash Rookie
"Nintendo made a mistake when they decided to make another Smash Bros."

he then went on to say how popular the current one is and how no one is going to want Brawl...
i almost laughed my *** off when he told me this.

Top Bottom