• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

most irritating item

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
we've all been there...we set up a match filled with items, lots and lots of items.
smash balls, hammers, pokeballs, and--oh, but wait...there's always that one item
you DON'T want on, the one item that you despise oh so very much.

most of the items are hard for me to stand, but the bob-omb is just a total evil in the item list,
because if one appears, it seems inevitable it will come alive and walk right into me without me even knowing about it

so give your opinions on what brawl item irritates you the most

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Heart Container. I ban it even when I'm playing just for fun with items, lawl. It basically says, "Whoever is lucky enough to be most accessible to where I randomly spawned, I'm giving you a new stock." Every other item I can deal with, though Fan and Curry are broken and Starman is annoying, but deal with able.

After that, Lightning and Timer are annoying. Global effects that just waste my time are annoying.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Grrr, somehow I always end up in the blast of the smart bomb...even if i was the one who threw it!!

I also hate bombs, as they are just terrifying as people leave them on the ground for them to get up and start walking

DDM

Smash Journeyman
The Dragoon pisses me off. Pokeballs and Assist Trophies I don't mind, actually I like them very much, but the Dragoon is an insta-kill.

bleyva

Smash Ace
are you guys joking? i thought it was a given that the most irritating item was the ****ING SMASHBALL.

if you know what youre doing, those **** things will put you in a guaranteed position to win.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
ZSS's Suit (unless I'm using it), Peach's radishes/bombs/lightsabers, and Diddy's ******* bananas

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
timer. especially if your opponent has electrical moves.
Agrees.

i was playing an olimar once and he got a timer. i was going slow, and he had two pikmin, and wouldn't you know they were both yellow. So then he does usmash, usmash, usmash, spike, usmash, usmash, usmash, spike. Keep repeating and third time he spiked, he hit me with a fully charged dsmash, both pikmin hit.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The Dragoon pisses me off. Pokeballs and Assist Trophies I don't mind, actually I like them very much, but the Dragoon is an insta-kill.

Yeah I agree, but my issue is that it becomes even more of a distraction then a smashball.
Especially in FFA, I've had matches where the Dragoon appeared in the beginning and the match consisted of the pieces exchanging hands until the very end. And like you said, if someone becomes fortunate enough in the chaos to grab all three pieces, its often an instant kill for one or more players. Alot of other items like the Timer and the Lightning Bolt are annoying, but the Dragoon might be it for me.

G&W X

Smash Cadet
I would say golden hammers only if it's a small stage cause they just edge guard/chase and definitely ZSS armor pieces....

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
exploding crates or capsules, bumper, stopwatch, thunderbolt (especially when it backfires), bomb ombs(especially sense i lost a totally unfair sudden death because of them yeah), dragoon, laser gun (unless im using it), fan(again unless im using it), and the smart bomb(even though i throw i always end up in the explosion and i end up dying and if i am doing timed match i lose the point i won by sding my self)

Top Bottom