• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most memorable Brawl moment

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
This thread is dedicated to people who want to post their most memorable brawl moment for others to discuss and comment on :) . I'll start.

It was Halberd. Lucas(my friend) vs me (King Dedede). We are both on out last stock and both at high damage. Basically, next hit wins.

i charge up Dedede's down-b and approach him.

He casts pk freeze.

I jump and just barely miss and.....

BOOM! a 30 Damage hit to the face of the lucas, sending him flying off the screen. I lol'ed so hard. :laugh:

Your turn!

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
I actually laughed at myself for this...

I got the final smash, was just about to use it when suddenly.... my friend Quick Attacked it out of me!!
I was like "OMGWTF" and then he got the smash ball and pwned me.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
It was the night of Brawl's release in the United States,
We just got the game and headed to his house to play it...
We did 1 stock matches until we could play as marth (which was both our main from melee)
We finally get marth and we play a marth ditto on final destination...
It's the last stock and as he tries to recover with up-b he hits the bottom of the stage and dies...

We were dumbfounded...
Laughed so hard... hope we didn't wake up his parents that night :p

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I don't see a "most memorable melee moment" thread so that's what I'll post.

I was Samus, my brother Mario. I shot a missile. He shielded. The missile continued its trajectory, only it was facing up. We were like OMGWTFBBQSAUCEPIE.

M.K

Level 55
I 4-stocked a Ganondorf as an Olimar in 1 Minute and 35 Seconds. I have it recorded too, I was so proud. ^_^

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
So I'm playing against my noob friend, I'm ROB, he's Toon Link.

I decide to d-tilt, and it trips him, I continually do it, and he keeps on falling for it. I Dtilt him all the way to the other side of Final Destination and knock him off the edge. He gets up, and I Dtilt chain him to the other side.

I don't know he kept on tripping and rolling the wrong way.

Couldn't stop laughing.

MetaKevin

Smash Cadet
Here's a good one:
I had a 2v2 with a friend of mine next to me, and we'd killed the other guy. So it was down to my Metaknight and his Kirby versus this guy, who was Charizard. We were on the Spear Pillar level, and we'd cornered him down below in that Hyrule-ish lower area.

Kirby had taken my Mach Tornado, and so what did we do? Chain tornadoed him against the ceiling, each of us going in for the next one alternately. After getting him to a ridiculous percent (250+?) Palkia kindly blasted him off the stage way faster than either of us.

Alls I gotta say is, friend finder ftw!

Edit: Meta-Kirby, post that vid!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I chaingrabbed w/ DDD for the first time ever against a Donkey Kong on Yoshi's Island (Brawl). They just flailed with their recovery under the ledge, it was frickin sweet :D

I'm still waiting for a Warlock PAUNCH on the Ice Climbers just like in Melee :D

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
online against Starshadow

taunting and jumping and crawling and squating repedietly and all that as a form of communication....one hour of doing that....happened today because I was bored

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Ok. Online match. Luigi is at 130 something damage. I (Peach) hit him with my Bair and he goes way off the map. His only hope of survival is a misfire. He gets it... and then I Toad him.

That or my quintuple thunder kick with Zelda on a computer Donkey Kong (All-Star on Hard) after getting a stopwatch.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Tripping straight into Petey's cage during an Intense-level Boss Battle run......memorable for all the wrong reasons...

Or using Marth's dair to spike people into the Bulborb/Fish on the Summit's mouth repeatedly XD

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
My friend trying to swim in Hanenbow. And the funny thing is that he's actually pretty good at the game, just kinda unaware of some of it's small things. I think the week before said person jumped into the Bulborb's mouth and ran right into the Chimera-thing on New Pork.

MaverickZer0

Smash Cadet
PWNing a level 9 CPU in the "Mario Bros" level... dropkicking a koopa into Yoshis face with DK FTW

47drift

Smash Journeyman
The first time all my Pikmin died to the F-Zero racers on Port Town Aero Drive. I was so pissed off, but it was hilariously epic.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
Me and my bro were 2v2ing my 2 cousins who don't know how to play the game... I took my older cousin out of the game, and then his little bro (game and watch) used his hammer and got a lucky 9 as me and my bro both went to attack him... Needless to say, he took me and my bros only stock each for the whole game... I don't really have anything interesting. That's the best I could do.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Lets see. . .

I was doing a random match with me (sonic) verses a lvl 9 Cpu (Wario). We're fighting you know, and in it all wario gets on his bike, then I knock him off. So we're fighting and the bike is just sitting there, and finally, I get wario off the stage at a low angle. I grab his bike, throw it at him AS HE IS COMING UP. It hits. And I get a KO.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
I was playing as Marth versus a friend with Smash balls and i obtained the final smash, then i killed him with the Forward Smash, when he appeared again, he was so scared by Marth's FS so he SD, then when he appeared again i used the FS and i 3 stocked him in 50 seconds.

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
Basic Brawl as Wolf, against two Marios and a Link(?) IIRC.

Came down to Sudden Death between me and one of the Marios. I dodged his attacks, grabbed him, tossed him to the right, he caped back to the stage. Dodged him again, grabbed him again, threw him off the top of the screen, and watched (satisfied and untouched) as he flew into the horizon.

Then the Bo-bombs started to drop. The first one was right above my head. It instantly KO'd me off the side of the stage and declared Mario the winner.

:mad:

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I was playing two of my friends. I was Fox, and they were ROB and Pikachu. Items on high, smash balls+explosive items only. 50 stock. It lasted so long, and I kept on getting the smash balls even if I was the farthest away, so my Landmaster kept on killing them. It was pretty crazy.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Gamestop brawl tourney round 1, 10 secs left and i was leading by 1, and i just finished him with a final smash. Then my freaking wii mote dies out on me and made me suicide by itself. rematched him, then sudden death, then lost.

OmegaWeapon

Smash Apprentice
Got a pretty impressive combo on a Toon Link w/ my Wario on smashville. I knocked him off at 35%, he hookshotted to the edge, I came down on him with a dair, hit him with the full attack, he bounced into the diagnal edge, bounced under me into which I footstool jumped him and edgehogged for the kill. Best replay data saved so far.

royinator

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

I'm Ike, my friend's Fox. 3 stock.
I'm getting destroyed. I've got 1 life left and in the 100s, he's got 0% and 2 lives.
I manage to bring him down to 1 life, but by then i'm in the two hundreds, and he's fresh. I'm thinking i'm doomed.
smash ball comes out. He gets it. LANDMASTER... and he falls through the spinning tiles and dies.
:laugh:

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
This is actually from melee, but I can't find the equivalent thread for melee.

I was playing as marth, my younger brother bowser, and my youngest brother jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff charges his rollout on hyrule temple on the absolute top right platform.

Bowser and Marth (me) are on the main area just under the tunnel.

Jigglypuff launches, I'm about to dodge, then bowser koopa klaw's me and uses me as a human shield. Jigglypuff hits me, I go flying, Bowser doesn't budge an inch.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
In which I denounce this thread's existence in favour of one of my own, but I now remove.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I had just unlocked Toon Link and was using him on Castle Siege to get OoT and Power-Hungry Fool (love the song, and I was surprised I didn't have it already). I set the matches to 1 stock so that they would go by quickly. I got a smash ball. YAY! I lined myself up for the hit...but he moved a little. I stunned him with the Triforce, went off to destroy that pathetic piece of plastic, and missed. Flew right of the side of the screen at the speed of sound.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
My most epic was a Sudden Death in a WiFi. Me, Dedede. Random foe, Link. Stage, Shadow Moses. I chucked a few Waddle Dees which he dodged, and he fired an arrow I shielded. We charged at eachother, and I used a FSmash (stupid) and he a FTilt. Naturally he hit me first. I bounced off the walls three times and didn't die. Also, at the exact moment of contact, one of the Waddle Dees leapt straight into Link and KO'd him. XD LOL. I saved it, it was so beautiful!

Sterowent

Smash Ace
So far, it was in classic mode.

Intense, Fox/Falco vs. my Kirby and a Cpt. Falcon. Falcon dies not long in, and i'm at one stock.

Somehow, i manage to get into the high percentages, but pull it off in the end. Oh, i've been too proud of that ever since.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
probably my first match of brawl ever at the gamestop tournament. i was playing so poorly

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
I was samus vs my friends wolf and we had smashballs on low. We were both down to 1 stock and he got the smashball and called down the landmaster off the edge because i was recovering. It knocked me off the side, but he fell to his death in the landmaster before I died off the side and I won the match.

Thom

Smash Rookie
I was Yoshi, my friend was Ike, and my other friend was Samus. Ike has a final smash and Samus and I were in a nice line right in front of Ike. Ike uses his final smash, i jump and air dodge, Samus gets hit. It took me a little while to realize that Ike's final smash missed me. :p

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I'm PT, he's Wolf, playing on Spear Pillar. Both on last stock. Me: High damage. Him: Low damage. I get the smash ball. I unleash Triple Finish on him. As I do that the stage flips upsidedown. He had low damage so he should've survived the Final Smash, but he forgot the stage was upsidedown. He DI'd the wrong way and killed himself.

I won!

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
On a random Wifi match, I was Boozer and my opponents were Marth, Fox, and Wolf. 17 seconds left, I tied with Marth by killing Fox, and he grabbed a smashball. He was trying to kill me to win the match. Naturally, I tried Bowsers infinate jumps, and tried to fool him. He decided to use it in the air, infinate jumped my way out of his wrath, and..............
I'd like to hear a funnier finish, I bet he was so angry. Fooled by Bowsers infinate jump and Marth FS suicided at the last 2 seconds.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
I've got two. Except they're not the good kind of memorable. :[

First!

After reading loads about how Lucas could basically **** Boss Battles on Intense, I decided to try him out.I beat it with relative ease, much to my surprise. "LUCAS IS A GODDD!!" I shouted, the clear screen popping up, as my Wiimote and Nunchuck dropping to the floor while I leap to my feet.

And then the challenge screen pops up, and I realize that I forgot to switch the difficulty to Intense.

Then, today.

After lurking in the Boss Battles on Intense Discussion and reading about how Charizard's Rock Smash is just as much rapage as Lucas on Bosses, decide to try that strategy. So after failing on Intense, I decide to work my way up from Hard, having beaten both Easy and Normal with Fox and Lucas, respectively. After beating Hard, I go for Very Hard. Beat the first eight in about three minutes and thirty seconds, then got to Petey. At this point, I was at only 50% damage, having used only a single heart container so far. "Well," I thought, "Petey's pretty easy. This'll be a piece of cake." I procede to kick his plant butt, and am just about to kill him with a final Rock Smash when I stop moving. "WTF?" I shout, trying to pause the game.

And then I realized that my controller had died, just as Petey procedes to whack me around with his twin cages of death, then leaps into the air and delivers the final blow.

Boss Battle Mode is the bane of my existance. :[

MaverickZer0

Smash Cadet
Had another few... hahaha... Thank you Online mode.

1st. Frigate Orpheus w/ Ike: Just starting the match, I completely controlled the first minute of action. Literally, got 4 kills within the 1st minute... and only died once, off my own mistake. Have a replay saved... will upload it when I can

2nd. Eldin Bridge, Sudden Death - w/ Ike: Against Lucas, it was a sudden death... he PK fired, I dodged with an Up-Special'd to set up... he failed to recover, and I smashed him off sceen FTW. Have a replay saved... will upload it when I can

My favorite Pwn for last
3rd. Great Sea, Sudden Death - w/Ike: Against Toon Link... He starts off with a sword spike, I roll dodge and side smash him FTW. This happened within 3 seconds of SD. Have a replay saved... will upload it when I can

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I had some friends over, and we were doing timed matches--so that no-one has to sit out. I was random, my wife was Zelda, and our guests were Sonic and Wario.

One match on Picto-chat, at the very last second, Zelda gets a smash ball. She has the rest of us lined up and fires as the time goes out. We get to see Wario munching on Sonic's skinny stick-butt in super-slowmotion, twice.

We laughed until we cried.

Smash Journeyman
I was playing Ike on All Star Mode, I was up against Pit and knocked him of the left side of the Skyworld stage, when I went to interecept him I decided to meteor smash him with the UpB for the hell of it, I caught him in the UpB, we go downward, I land on the very left side of the platform that floats beneath the stage and meteor smash Pit into the bottom of the stage.

And toward the end of a 2 vs 2 on Norfair match I picked up a FS as Metaknight, I was on the 2nd right platform, I caught a Fox player in my FS and knocked him backwards but I don't KO him, a hammer spawned on the left side of the top right platform, I jump to pick it up and by then the Fox player is DIing towards me, he lands a bit to the left of the top platforms edge, and the head of the hammer falls off, lands on his head, and KOs him.

And there was one time on Spear Pillar when it turned upside down and everyone SDd at once.

And my first spectated match, it ended in Sudden Death, a Luigi player spawn in the center, and 2 Ikes spawned on the left and right side, the first thing the Ike players did was charge their Side Bs, Luigi was just jumping around helplessly for like 10 secs and landed on the ground, the Ike player on the left KOed him, then the Ike player KOed the guy who KOed Luigi.

And the first time I ever killed someone with a thrown electrode.

Top Bottom