• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Priority?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Idk If there is a list of moves in the game that show priority or not but i was wondering what specific move in the game has the most priority over anything esle?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I don't believe a counter has high priority. All it does is simply counter, the moves aren't clashing.
It simply cancels out the opponents attack.

Some of the highest priority belongs to Snake, Link and Ike.

basically anyone with a disjointed hitbox.
From there you determine how large the disjointed hitbox is as well as its reach.

You know, this is actually interesting.

I wonder if the whole community could get together and do intense research on each and every characters, estimate and gauge the priority of their moves overall, and place them into a "Rankings" Character with maybe other features involved.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think the tethers (when used on the ground) have the highest priority. I've never seen them parried, and they have one of the longest disjointed hitboxes.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I don't believe a counter has high priority. All it does is simply counter, the moves aren't clashing.
It simply cancels out the opponents attack.
Ok, just that counter was the first thing that came to mind.

Ness' Ftilt, has ridiculous priority. I might as well just say MetaKnight. and Zelda's usmash has ridiculous priority to. O and snakes ftilt.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about all attacks, but Peach's U-Tilt pretty much outprioritises most aerials, if not all.

The d-airs which send the player straight down (link, G&W, Zamus) can be outprioritised at the right time by her utilt, I think

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I second an overall study on characters' priority. That is one important area of knowledge that I haven't seen thoroughly analyzed yet. Knowledge of priority and disjointed hitboxes really helped the metagame in Melee, especially for huge-priority characters like the melee Peach.

I don't have a Wii, so I can't do the study myself xD.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Actually if a study were to be done(which im all in favour for) i think the only way it could be done is move by move. Like which character has the most priority for ftilt, upsmash, dtilt, etc. bcuz i don't think it would be possible to compare the priority of say links dsmash to say wario fair.

Also there would be a few moves which the priority would be difficult to tell say marios cape comes to mind.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
G&W's Dash attack has amazing priority. It's the same as Marth's fsmash

Adapt

Smash Lord
You know, this is actually interesting.

I wonder if the whole community could get together and do intense research on each and every characters, estimate and gauge the priority of their moves overall, and place them into a "Rankings" Character with maybe other features involved.
It would be a nice collaboration but it would take a lot of time and people

There is like 16 attacks minimum for each character and many attacks have different priority depending on what part of the hitbox clashes

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Well I'm all for a study on priority, and I'd help out all i could if someone wanted to start it. But I'd say there might be many moves with top priority, that when mashed together just cancel each other out. Ive seen that Jiggly's Pound attack is extremely strong. Though i think this would take a lot of studying to come up with such an answer

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I was just wondering Before i got to work on this, Does anyone think there might be a rock/paper/scissors effect with some on the moves in the game and to find max priority moves would be unlikely? or Impossible?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I think there are about four people in this thread who understand the difference between a moves priority and its range. Aerial attacks don't have 'priority' in the same sense that ground attacks do.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Marths Fair?
Na...
Hmm...
Idk for me TL's bombs.The hitbox is huge. Thats probably just because I main him though.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I think there are about four people in this thread who understand the difference between a moves priority and its range. Aerial attacks don't have 'priority' in the same sense that ground attacks do.
Thank you, apparently no one read the link i posted. :)

chaos 9

Smash Cadet
Surprisinly, the ice climbers belay attack has the highest priority in the game. The thrown climber is impervious to all attacks.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
sonic side b right at the beginning has redonkulous priority
I second this. Going straight through Snake's up tilt is a pretty big deal.

Surprisinly, the ice climbers belay attack has the highest priority in the game. The thrown climber is impervious to all attacks.
That's invincibility frames, not priority.

And to anyone that says counter.... no that's not priority. All counters have invincibility frames for a short time, and counter frames for a slightly longer time. The reason you can't counter some multihit attacks is because the invincibility frames run out before the counter attack connects.

The more you know.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
To start a a move with a disjointed hit box beats all moves without a disjointed hit box. Some moves have more priority ten others for example nairs usually have a lot of priority.

Top Bottom