• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most technical character in Brawl

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Snake. You have to be really smart to play Snake. You gotta have constant control over where your landmines/grenades are on the stage, and know how to lure your opponents into 'em, and how not to get hit by your own traps. Also, a good Snake won't run everywhere, they also have to slow down sometimes and get near their opponents with tilts, which can be tough on some occasions.

Diddy. The bananaz. 'nuff said. No, but really, they also have all kinds of crazy flips and combos, and Diddy has to space his bananas just to in order to lead into those combos.

Ness. You really need to think hard about your next move when using Ness. I mean, c'mon. His up and down Smashes aren't really kill moves most of the time, they're combo starters/blockades. And an expert Ness knows that his side Smash isn't the most reliable kill move unless you really know how to set it up. A character without Smashes to KO? You really have to know all of Ness' moves in order to win. You have to know which moves lead best into others to pressure the opponent and keep them at bay.

Ice Climbers. Desynching. Honestly, I don't even know how IC players go about desynching, but it doesn't exactly sound easy, and then to learn all of the tactics that can be used while desynched... Very technical, in my opinion.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that anybody would say Snake. He seems like one of the very easiest characters to play, to me.

There's a lot of tough characters to play, though. Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and Olimar immediately come to mind. I would say Peach, Yoshi, Diddy, and maybe Pit as well.

Tamoo

Smash Master
The only really technical part of olimars gameplay are all the different techniques u have to use in order to recover easier onto the edge.
It has to be ice climbers, ive been practicing them for months but i still cant use them competetively yet.'
lol at Negi-kun's location.
There's a very technical falco in my area but i dont think that its necessary to play technically to be successful as falco.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pokemon Trainer isn't the top, but he's up there.

You have to really learn your matchups with each of the Pokemon and learn to adapt to different playstyles during the middle of a fight.

You could have an advantage one second, then be in a terrible position in the next due to pokemon change.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
IC by far... learning the exact timing of all of their grabgame and desynching techs is very hard. the we have diddy and his freaking nanners. and lucas who has 1 trillion ATs.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Pokemon Trainer isn't the top, but he's up there.

You have to really learn your matchups with each of the Pokemon and learn to adapt to different playstyles during the middle of a fight.

You could have an advantage one second, then be in a terrible position in the next due to pokemon change.
I dont think that constitutes as a character being technical though. Morelike strategic.

Aver

Smash Cadet
IC, Olimar, Snake, and Link

Lol at no one saying link, all the crazy stuff he has to do just to get a combo like attacking while holding bombs was pretty difficult for me.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ice Climbers... desyncing, chaingrabs, end of discussion.

I'd say Diddy is a close second because of the nanners, obviously, although bananas seem like more of a mix between tech skill and good strategizing vs. pure technicality.

I don't think Pika's super-technical. Aside from QAC and the two chaingrabs, he doesn't have that many AT's... just random tricks he can do with thunder, and most of them are really situational anyway.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I personally think Snake do to his timing and well picked attacks that can make him a deadly force. Everyone else I play I can always manage to do at the very least decent with.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Link is pretty **** technical. His bomb mindgames and boomarang setups are hard to do. Boomarang lag cancel (the boomarang comes back and cancels your aireal lag when you catch it) holding bombs while smashing, using z-airs, using aireals, using dodges. Teather edge guard, ledge hopped aireals.
lol he is like a melee character.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
^^Yes

A technical character is one that requires very complicated inputs in small spaces of time.

ICs and Link fit the bill better than any other.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
1. Ice Climbers
2. Link

--GAP--

3. Pikachu
4. Diddy Kong

Nobody else even comes close to those four in terms of technical precision requirement. Note that this is relative and by Brawl standards, though.

5th place is probably Sonic.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
im going to say pit is up there somewhere with all of his arrow techs and WoI tricks. But link is to me the most technical person the IC

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
ICs because of their infinite chaingrabs.
Falco because of his double lasers, curved Fire Fox Bird, and the spike at the end of chain grabs.
Lucas has a whole bunch of advanced recovery options.
Mr. G&W can make his dair go slower and cancel his momentum with Bucket Breaking.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
As far as what I've seen, no ones really all that technical as of right now. >_>

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I'm not sure I would call IC's chaingrab technical per se, but it tied with desynching in general is what makes IC technical. Ness and Lucas come to mind, since they have a lot of tricks with b-sticking. Diddy
Kong of course, but I don't consider just glide tossing technical, but tied with dribbling, barrel canceling, etc, I'd say he's pretty technical.
It's funny how Diddys can either be very technical, or very mind....mind gamical? mind gameical?..... Look at NL and Azen.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm not sure I would call IC's chaingrab technical per se, but it tied with desynching in general is what makes IC technical. Ness and Lucas come to mind, since they have a lot of tricks with b-sticking. Diddy
Kong of course, but I don't consider just glide tossing technical, but tied with dribbling, barrel canceling, etc, I'd say he's pretty technical.
It's funny how Diddys can either be very technical, or very mind....mind gamical? mind gameical?..... Look at NL and Azen.
Diddy's not very technical. The only thing that's technical is the single naner lock.
IC's and Link are the only characters that fit a proper description of technical.

I guess you could count Yoshi. Yoshi at his true potential with the Dragonic Reverse would probably make him the most technical character. Of course, I've yet to even do a Dragonic Reverse cause it's that **** hard.

Top Bottom