• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most technical character?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Falco dude they need to be fast, friend is a falco secondary and I see and know the **** he must press to be good

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
I think IC's could actually exceed Fox. Falco's shine is more difficult than Fox's for me... Maybe I'm a natural with Fox, I just don't know. :(

But I can't play IC's. Chu inspired me one time. One time.

I tried to play IC's and it's a different kind of technical, but still very much so. Maybe it's Chu's destiny to inspire the next IC main. :o

joeplicate

Smash Master
I think sheik can actually be played ridiculously technical

needle cancels, short initial dash animation makes pivoting/foxtrotting/dash dancing really crazy, up b stalling, needle/waveland game on platforms, short shorthop window

plus she can do a lot of fast autocancels to control space
definitely a character with a high technical ceiling

and if anyone says "LOL drephen, spotdodge, dsmash, ftilt, dthrow slap" then they're dum

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol ic's is more about spacing and precision (precision cuz their bair and tilts have like barely any duration but they are great moves to connect with and it takes good timing), i think even falcon requires more tech skill. well, as far as speed goes.

D

Deleted member

Before this goes any further, someone should probably specify what "technical" actually means.
tech skill is a relative term that just refers to doing exactly whatever it is that you want to do. on the basis that no one actually wants to multishine 40 times in place as fox in a tournament setting, that doesn't really count as being technical, it's more like just screwing off and hoping you get it.

obviously the most intensive aspects of technical ability are spacing, timing, or other precision, not so much finger speed, since finger speed has less overall utility. I think we can all agree that fox spamming nair shine or upthrow upair is not very technical.

'V'

Smash Lord
tech skill is a relative term that just refers to doing exactly whatever it is that you want to do. on the basis that no one actually wants to multishine 40 times in place as fox in a tournament setting, that doesn't really count as being technical, it's more like just screwing off and hoping you get it.

obviously the most intensive aspects of technical ability are spacing, timing, or other precision, not so much finger speed, since finger speed has less overall utility. I think we can all agree that fox spamming nair shine or upthrow upair is not very technical.
You win the thread. Plain and simple.

Eggz

Smash Hero
"the reason he loses though is because of other things like being combo ***** and spacing etc. but from a technical standpoint, fox has been mastered for years."

Fox is far from mastered. If people took advantages of Fox's deeper intricacies and used them efficiently, there would be crazy huge depths to take it to.

Most of the world is so behind the technical metagame, its ridiculous.

Also I agree Joe. I think Sheik has the 2nd most technical potential.

LLDL

Smash Hero
sheik has the most potential, but everyone is too lazy to unlock it :/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
peach, are you serious?

and sheik?

i mean, they probably do have a lot of potential

but when i think of the most technical

i think of how much is requried in an actual match

fox and falco take the cake

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you try continuously float canceling nairs while gaining distance.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
The slower the character, the fewer the possible inputs. It's just that simple.

Fox has the fastest SHFFL i'm aware of, the fastest projectile, the most versatile attack in the game with the fastest start/end lag (shine), a WD that's completely essential to his play, and his speed and shine are the entirety of his approach. He utilizes every AT in every situation or he just doesn't cut it.

So there's my vote, anyway.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Sheik is sooooooooooo technical.

Ftilt>fair where you at?

It's between Fox and Iceys to me. Fox for obvious reasons, but could you imagine someone with PERFECT control over their Iceys?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I think sheik can actually be played ridiculously technical

needle cancels, short initial dash animation makes pivoting/foxtrotting/dash dancing really crazy, up b stalling, needle/waveland game on platforms, short shorthop window

plus she can do a lot of fast autocancels to control space
definitely a character with a high technical ceiling

and if anyone says "LOL drephen, spotdodge, dsmash, ftilt, dthrow slap" then they're dum
I agree totally.

This is why I keep arguing that Falco is easily the most technical character at a high level, and on practical terms, because unlike other characters, such as Fox, Ics, Falcon, Samus, etc at the same level, he's REQUIRED to be played at a high technical level, unlike the other characters, whos gameplay becomes DD > Grab > do stuff

Vulcan55

Smash Lord

llllllllll

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
fox. shdl, multishine, waveshine, shine>bair, shine>upsmash.
ics do have desynching so they can be technical.
link has alot of projectiles, but i wouldnt count him as THAT technical.

soap

Smash Hero
1. fox
2. ice climbers
3. samus
4. falco
5. sheik
6. peach
7. ness
8. pikachu

not necessarily based on their style of required play, but useful things they can do that happen to be very hard.

fox i can't even continously nair shine on shields more than like 3 or 4 times before i **** up. add in multishine mixups, and just basic character control, and u've got one tough cookie. regular nair shine run away mindgame tactics is not hard though lol, and thats how most foxes actually play.

icies with their endless desyncs and grab mixups. These may not even be so hard, but it always seemed like to much to learn for me to ever pick them up. zjiin has the coolest icies tricks i've ever seen though, so they are second on my list.

samus. shffmc is teh impossible, and i have never superwavedashed in my life

falco. he is like fox, but easier. he has some tricky platform work, but nothing too crazy.

sheik has alot of finetune controlling with her aerials and needles. reverse needles, fastfall needles, needle isai drops, autocancelling everything, as well as alot of platform utility.

peach. quick float cancelling and djc's plus controlling float heights and stuff is slightly difficult

ness and yoshi both have alot of cool djc stuff, plus ness has that crazy yyg ive never been able to do either

pikachu has some sicknasty upb work

thats all i can think of for now, nothing else seems hard, but every character has the capacity to be played very technically and precisely controlled through pivots, sexy platform work, learning exactly how all the aerials work and flow

joeplicate

Smash Master
there should be a "how things are now" and "how things could be in the future" version of this thread

sheik has crazy potential (realistically, not 18 full distance instant fc nairs status, or 74 jc shines on a shield while moving). so do ice climbers, especially now that people have started exploiting handoff grabs and all that crazy shiz

fox still ***** everyone though
gg

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1. fox
2. ice climbers
3. samus
4. falco
5. sheik
6. peach
7. ness
8. pikachu

not necessarily based on their style of required play, but useful things they can do that happen to be very hard.

fox i can't even continously nair shine on shields more than like 3 or 4 times before i **** up. add in multishine mixups, and just basic character control, and u've got one tough cookie. regular nair shine run away mindgame tactics is not hard though lol, and thats how most foxes actually play.

icies with their endless desyncs and grab mixups. These may not even be so hard, but it always seemed like to much to learn for me to ever pick them up. zjiin has the coolest icies tricks i've ever seen though, so they are second on my list.

falco. he is like fox, but easier. he has some tricky platform work, but nothing too crazy.

sheik has alot of finetune controlling with her aerials and needles. reverse needles, fastfall needles, needle isai drops, autocancelling everything, as well as alot of platform utility.

peach. quick float cancelling and djc's plus controlling float heights and stuff is slightly difficult

ness and yoshi both have alot of cool djc stuff, plus ness has that crazy yyg ive never been able to do either

thats all i can think of for now, nothing else seems hard, but every character has the capacity to be played very technically and precisely controlled through pivots, sexy platform work, learning exactly how all the aerials work and flow
Any good Fox main/secondary should not ever mess this up. This isn't 2005/2006 anymore.

unknown522

Some guy
1. fox
2. ice climbers
3. samus
4. falco
5. sheik
6. peach
7. ness
8. pikachu

ICs are really technical. I like watching wobbles play.

soap

Smash Hero
i think my list is bias cuz im going to think the stuff that i can't do as consistently is more technical even though it just may be cuz i don't have as much experience doing it. I can do all the fox tech, it's prolly more of a stamina issue for me. Just gotta practice him more

btw ive been like maining falco recently. I was playing with m2k the other day and he won't let me and vidjo play anyone besides falco cuz he thinks that the entire metagame is becoming falco.

i dont mind though, falco is hella sexy, and i feel really in control of him atm.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
i dont understand why samus is placed so high. shes like my third best character and if anything i consider her one of the easiest players to get quickly good with. her wavedash is easy, you dont need to jc grabs because it doesnt make much of a difference, and cant really shffl like cfalcon, fox, or falco ergo. the only thing i guess is fullhop double missles which arent that bad.

i think phanna kind of brainwashed us all

Lomo

Smash Rookie
i dont understand why samus is placed so high. shes like my third best character and if anything i consider her one of the easiest players to get quickly good with. her wavedash is easy, you dont need to jc grabs because it doesnt make much of a difference, and cant really shffl like cfalcon, fox, or falco ergo. the only thing i guess is fullhop double missles which arent that bad.

i think phanna kind of brainwashed us all
Well as everyone has been saying Samus is really technical IF you are including esoteric ATs

GOD!

Smash Ace
how is falco technical at all? Like what do you have to do? waveshine?

I don't see how falco is technical at all. Fox is definitely most technical of everyone.

Top Bottom