• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most uncommon Mains?

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
I'm in need of a main and I've decided to choose one of the more uncommon mains... so what do yous think are some of the most uncommon mains?

i thought about yoshi or sonic as i am pretty good as those 2 characters but i see them used too often and wanna use someone that doesn't get much usage as a main... and i WILL NOT play as olimar....

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
It is generally rare for me to see...
:4diddy: :4dk: :4duckhunt: :4villager:/:4villagerf: :4peach: :4pacman: :4palutena: :4pit: :4luigi: :4bowserjr: :4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: :4zelda: :4gaw: :4falco: :4fox: :4pikachu: :4metaknight:
online.

So, take your pick I guess.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Luigi, ROB, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, and Wii Fit Trainer are all characters I think don't get used a lot.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I remember somebody remarking that Pikachu is uncommon, but since I main him it feels like I see him all the time.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In online matches, I am yet to see Pikmin & Olimar/Alph, Falco, Fox, Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer. I assume those are uncommon mains.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
I think I have seen one other R.O.B., and have yet to see a Olimar in 1000+ For Glory games.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Olimar by far, I think. It's disappointing, he was one of my favorite characters in Brawl but I just can't get my head around him in 4. He's one of the bigger sacrifices that had to be made to get the game on 3DS, I guess. I'm sure people picking him up for the first time will get a kick out of him, but for me he'll never be quite as fun as Brawlimar.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
Ridley :troll:

nah but for real...Donkey Kong

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Depends on the player personally I like fast characters with a projectile and stay away from heavy characters (minus King Dedede) and sword users (minus Shulk)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:mewtwopm:. Nobody's using :mewtwomelee:. :p

In reality though, :mewtwopm: will probably be used by a ton of players like :4littlemac:, :ike:, and whatever newcomer that catches people's eyes.

I don't see a lot of :4falco:'s, :4wiifit:/:4wiifitm:'s, :4metaknight:'s, :4olimar:/:4alph:'s, and :4samus:'s whenever I play so, go with one of them and whoever was suggested. So... Why are you trying to be a hipster?

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I suggest Wario... He's pretty good and I don't see him that often. Also ROB, people like to pick on that guy.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Little Mac is not only hands down the least used character, but he also has no haters.... everyone has mad respect for LM mains because of the uncanny skill required to wield his unstoppable air game and recovery options that are super OP. Choose him, learn his moves, and bask in all the glory and respects that you will undoubtedly shower in. All I seem to read about on this forum is how much everyone enjoys their matches against LM, particularly when they lose against him or "that only uber skilled smash pros main LM"

:looks:

Last edited:

pizzarice

Smash Rookie
Have you tried Alph? :D

Just kidding. For me, no matter if it be for glory or for fun, I never EVER see Palutena, unless im playing her.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I think I have yet to see more :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff mains now that Jigglypuff is much better than her brawl counterpart.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Alright, looks like I can step it up a notch with Alph for one of the least used mains. Hes currently one of my secondaries, but I will work to have him as one of my mains.
I think I have yet to see more :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff mains now that Jigglypuff is much better than her brawl counterpart.
Im on the line of having Jigglypuff as one of my mains, but right now she is my top secondary.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Mii Fighter is generally forgotten as a real character sometimes I think. Never came across a Mii Fighter main besides myself, and he's actually good, well at least the brawler is.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Alright, looks like I can step it up a notch with Alph for one of the least used mains. Hes currently one of my secondaries, but I will work to have him as one of my mains.

Im on the line of having Jigglypuff as one of my mains, but right now she is my top secondary.
Goodie! Someone's on my side as a Jigglypuff secondary. :)

tuterking

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuterKing
3DS FC
1435-4089-0435
Have never seen R.O.B. and on the plus side is he isn't to bad from what I can tell.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I don't think either Yoshi or Sonic are so overused that you need to justify picking something else entirely by the fact that they're 'common'. The only character with that luxury is honestly LM-- and there are honestly plenty more common characters than those two (Shiek, Greninja, and ZSS seem to be everywhere-- and I'm seeing a fair bit of Rosalinas of late, too). Of the two, I do see less Yoshi than Sonic, but neither strike me as popularity contestants. Anything that's not a 'pure speedster' sort is 'uncommon enough' by my measure-- they seem to be the group that garners the most hype (although Rosalina has her fair share despite her middling speed). If you want a 'dark horse' that'll be amazingly good and less competitively common, I don't think you'll find much better than Yoshi, to be honest.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Honestly, I don't think either Yoshi or Sonic are so overused that you need to justify picking something else entirely by the fact that they're 'common'. The only character with that luxury is honestly LM-- and there are honestly plenty more common characters than those two (Shiek, Greninja, and ZSS seem to be everywhere-- and I'm seeing a fair bit of Rosalinas of late, too). Of the two, I do see less Yoshi than Sonic, but neither strike me as popularity contestants. Anything that's not a 'pure speedster' sort is 'uncommon enough' by my measure-- they seem to be the group that garners the most hype (although Rosalina has her fair share despite her middling speed). If you want a 'dark horse' that'll be amazingly good and less competitively common, I don't think you'll find much better than Yoshi, to be honest.
Exactly. Yoshi's one of the best characters in the game bar sheik none. Almost every For Glory match, also consisting the fact that he is my main of course, I've won with him, whever it's throwing eggs shells for added defense, or smacking them down with his meteor smash. Yoshi in Smash 4 is SOOOOOO good.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
To provide my opinion on this question, in my experience playing online i cant recall if i have fought the entire cast at least once, but im sure i rarely see Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, i use some of them but yeah there are some pretty obscure characters out there as far as online goes, im not sure how tournaments are going with characters since i have never fought a Metaknights neither, its weird actually, i am really curious how this game will evolve and whos going mainstream basically hehe

EDIT: im with Hydreigon, i use Yoshi and he is just really good in this game, just feel they nerfed his Nair kill move and his Dsmash, but otherwise everything else has been balanced enough to make Yoshi a very solid character

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Mii Fighter is generally forgotten as a real character sometimes I think. Never came across a Mii Fighter main besides myself, and he's actually good, well at least the brawler is.
Mii Gunner is one of my Mains.
I have never seen an Olimar player online before.
Whatabout Luigi?
Again, secondaries that I usually use online, but I never find any SmashBoards members in For Glory.
Goodie! Someone's on my side as a Jigglypuff secondary. :)
Close to being a main.
Exactly. Yoshi's one of the best characters in the game bar sheik none. Almost every For Glory match, also consisting the fact that he is my main of course, I've won with him, whever it's throwing eggs shells for added defense, or smacking them down with his meteor smash. Yoshi in Smash 4 is SOOOOOO good.
Ohhhh yeah, Yoshi is awesome, definitely one of my Mains.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Ive played 500+ now ive yet to see a :4falco: (makes me think they really should've put :wolf: over Falco)

Other ones I rarely see are :4olimar: :4kirby: :4charizard:

tuterking

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuterKing
3DS FC
1435-4089-0435
Ive played 500+ now ive yet to see a :4falco: (makes me think they really should've put :wolf: over Falco)

Other ones I rarely see are :4olimar: :4kirby: :4charizard:
I see Kirby and Charizard all the time. Granted there almost always nooby online as Kirby normally only does down b and Charizard only does side b. But they are still pretty common for people to main, although ya Olimar is one that I never see.

Top Bottom