• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

most underrated character ever?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I saw the most overrated character topic, so I decided"I'll work on the flipside to that!!!" but in this case, it doesn't just have to apply to Brawl-it can be in brawl,64, or Melee. which character doesn't get enough respect in normal or tournament play? I personally think Ness or Donkey Kong. others?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Koopa in Melee, people initially thought he was the worst character in Melee, Koopa is not the worst in Melee, it's either Pichu or Kirby.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm wrong but I never really hear people praise the Ice Climbers nor do I see them being used very often, but in my opinion Ice Climbers are pretty awesome. DK is as bad as he is portrayed, Diddy is better, and as far as underrated goes, I also think Jigglypuff is another one, I find her to be of average playing ability.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Jiggly is terrible in Brawl, it's amazing in Melee and decent in 64. Jiggly has lots of poor matchups in Brawl, especially the impossible to beat G&W.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I would say Link, Jiggs, and Ganon are all underrated characters... C. Falcon went up a bit on the tier list, but I don't think he'll get much higher than that, even though I want him to.

Nicole

Smash Champion
jigglypuff and ness, and samus to some degree, if we're looking at all 3 smash games.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Who in their right mind considers Link to be underrated, if anyone remembers in Melee, was he not "the cheapest character ever, so cheap that he ranks up there with Metaknight, hardly underrated, in fact more overratred. I love Link, and though he's crappier in Brawl I still don't think he can be "Under"rated.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is underrated, he shouldn't keep dropping
I think one of the most underrated would be PT though, having 3 completely different characters in 1 deserves to be higher, he just got higher but not enough of a raise to be right

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Bowser is underrated, he shouldn't keep dropping
I think one of the most underrated would be PT though, having 3 completely different characters in 1 deserves to be higher, he just got higher but not enough of a raise to be right
Being 3 characters in one makes it worse. The more characters the greater the chance that they'll suck. Seeing that you have to eventually play all 3 characters in a match if you don't feel like getting hit by a charged smash attack during pokemon switch. Squirtles good, Charizards okay, and Ivysaur is bottom tier. Solo Squirtle and Solo Charizard are better than PT.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think Bowser is probably the most underrated, but I know for sure that Jiggs is most underrated to scrubs. If I ever pick her against someone who doesn't know anything about smash they just laugh. Poor Jiggsie :(

Hala_Back

Smash Rookie
Ike. no one thinks he can do anything, however, it's just that most people don't play him right. I've seen an Ike beat most of the best fl brawlers. even a number of mk's.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Who in their right mind considers Link to be underrated, if anyone remembers in Melee, was he not "the cheapest character ever, so cheap that he ranks up there with Metaknight, hardly underrated, in fact more overratred. I love Link, and though he's crappier in Brawl I still don't think he can be "Under"rated.
*checks join date*

Oh.

Anyways, the answer to this question was Wario during brawl's release up until Futile and Reflex existed

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Being 3 characters in one makes it worse. The more characters the greater the chance that they'll suck. Seeing that you have to eventually play all 3 characters in a match if you don't feel like getting hit by a charged smash attack during pokemon switch. Squirtles good, Charizards okay, and Ivysaur is bottom tier. Solo Squirtle and Solo Charizard are better than PT.
the fact that he has 3 pokemon makes it easier to have a different strategy for a differnent character matchup, but i do agree, ivysuar does kinda suck

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is majorly underrated, people bash her alot but when someone plays her well, she beasts. She recieves a lot of smack talk, and is always considered the worst of the three pokemon. But she has a lot more potential then she is credited.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
*checks join date*

Oh.

Anyways, the answer to this question was Wario during brawl's release up until Futile and Reflex existed
That doesn't mean anything I've had 64 and melee and brawl since they all came out and Link never seemed underappreciated to me, maybe most people just suck at using him.

Another underated character is ROB, he is actually pretty good if you learn to use him.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is majorly underrated, people bash her alot but when someone plays her well, she beasts. She recieves a lot of smack talk, and is always considered the worst of the three pokemon. But she has a lot more potential then she is credited.
I still don't get how every pokemon gets called he or she when in the games the pokemon can have either gender unless they are genderless like Mewtwo (who ironically, is one of the few pokemon that is usually called "he")

fuzzy2

Smash Rookie
I saw the most overrated character topic, so I decided"I'll work on the flipside to that!!!" but in this case, it doesn't just have to apply to Brawl-it can be in brawl,64, or Melee. which character doesn't get enough respect in normal or tournament play? I personally think Ness or Donkey Kong. others?
i would have to say boswer is the most under rated charter in brawl lol

Tacel

Smash Lord
There a lot of underrated characters.
I don't there are many rated in the middle.
If there's a character that's not overrated... they're probably underrated.
I was starting to list them but there are just too many.
I'd probably say Ness is the most underrated, though.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
This might be a slight departure from the rest of the thread, but I think the ICs are a bit under-rated. Sure, they're already A-tier, but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them at the bottom of S-tier on tier list v4.

And I'll go with Moozle, too... Jiggly can be wicked.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I also think Jigglypuff is another one, I find her to be of average playing ability.
I would say Link, Jiggs, and Ganon are all underrated characters...
jigglypuff and ness, and samus to some degree, if we're looking at all 3 smash games.
but I know for sure that Jiggs is most underrated to scrubs. If I ever pick her against someone who doesn't know anything about smash they just laugh. Poor Jiggsie :(
And I'll go with Moozle, too... Jiggly can be wicked.
Needless to say, Jigglypuff.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Many of Ganon's matchups in Brawl are underrated, and there have been a Ganon who has beaten the IC in a tournament. But Ganon is a good character if someone likes to work hard to win.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
There a lot of underrated characters.
I don't there are many rated in the middle.
If there's a character that's not overrated... they're probably underrated.
I was starting to list them but there are just too many.
I'd probably say Ness is the most underrated, though.
I disagree, I think that characters like Peach or Falco are appreciated just for their worth, they aren't the best, I don't disagree that Peach is difficult to use, and neither do I that Falco isn't better than Fox.

Top Bottom