• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

most underrated character ever?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mario is the most underrated character. First of all, how can a character made exactly for balance and middle-ground fighting style be so low? Sure his recovery is less than excellent, but he has an amazing gimping game with his cape and FLUDD, he has fast uair and bair that can "combo" into each other, his fair is a meteor, his smashes are decent in knockback, speed, and lag, and his throws are about average. This description doesn't sound low-tier to me.

Others I think are underrated are Zero Suit Samus and Jiggs
Mario was made to be balanced, that's why he sucks. It was sheer coincidence he ended up in mid tier in both 64 and Melee. It wasn't fate, just coincidence.

In Brawl, Mario is completely mediocre. He has a mediocre recovery, mediocre kill potential, mediocre range, mediocre damage output per move, (I'll admit he has good combos, but they end really quick and then he's stuck with an opponent he can neither combo nor kill for a good while, similar to the dead zone between Falco's cg and kill %), a mediocre projectile for most purposes (it does its job okay, I guess, but it has like no range anymore lol), and is just plain mediocre in all categories other than sideB and low % combos. Key word being low %. I guess he has a strong Bthrow %wise, I guess.

OH **** IT'S A 22 FRAME SPIKE REQUIRING A SWEETSPOT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE OFF THE BOTTOM.
FLUDD sucks too.

Honestly, the most underrated character is probably Luigi.

Honestly, I completely forgot he was even in brawl until today when I saw a luigi main at the local weeklies.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Mario was made to be balanced, that's why he sucks. It was sheer coincidence he ended up in mid tier in both 64 and Melee. It wasn't fate, just coincidence.
OH **** IT'S A 22 FRAME SPIKE REQUIRING A SWEETSPOT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE OFF THE BOTTOM.
FLUDD sucks too.

Honestly, the most underrated character is probably Luigi.

Honestly, I completely forgot he was even in brawl until today when I saw a luigi main at the local weeklies.
Yeah Luigi is underrated, probably not the most underrated though.
And yeah FLUDD sucks the tornado was better.

sammy p

Smash Lord
i think olimar doesnt get enough of respect.. i dont like him either but i dont hear bout him bout him at all
mr. G&W
and mabey ice climbers

9Kplus1

Smash Master
MK is the most underrated character. Do you think I'm kidding?

It's really the simple fact that every main thinks that every MK is going to "play gay", but when a MK actually shows off some skill, they're totally caught off by surprise.

Yoshi and Luigi are defniately second.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Melee Jigglypuff (although I'm sure this has been stated before).

Tied with Falcon? wtf. Jiggly should be top tier. And outside of the competitive scene, people thinks she sucks. I've told plenty of people that Jiggly is one of the best characters in the game, and they think I suck and have no idea what I am talking about.

Fletch

Smash Master
Melee Jigglypuff (although I'm sure this has been stated before).

Tied with Falcon? wtf. Jiggly should be top tier. And outside of the competitive scene, people thinks she sucks. I've told plenty of people that Jiggly is one of the best characters in the game, and they think I suck and have no idea what I am talking about.
Because she gets ***** by Fox and doesn't too that great against the top tiers. At most she should move up 1-2 spots, she doesn't belong in top tier. Ask Mango, he'll tell you she's not that good.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
MK is the most underrated character. Do you think I'm kidding?

It's really the simple fact that every main thinks that every MK is going to "play gay", but when a MK actually shows off some skill, they're totally caught off by surprise.

Yoshi and Luigi are defniately second.
Uh.... I think I've said this before, #1 can't be underrated just like Ganon can't be overrated.
Yoshi is more underrated than Luigi though. DK isn't being mentioned much because he isn't ranked bad, just not ranked all that good. Bowser or PT are ranked kinda bad, DK is certainly not as low as them.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I think a a good amount of the underrated characters are those in the low and mid tier. But I really think Jigglypuff is the most underrated character in brawl. She has one of the worst changes from melee to brawl but yet I feel people underestimate her air game. It is one of the best in the game.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Uh.... I think I've said this before, #1 can't be underrated just like Ganon can't be overrated.
Yoshi is more underrated than Luigi though. DK isn't being mentioned much because he isn't ranked bad, just not ranked all that good. Bowser or PT are ranked kinda bad, DK is certainly not as low as them.
mmkay, sorry if I didn't lurk enough to see how you proved that high teir characters can be overrated, but I did see your post about Ganon >.>.

Of course the low tier characters are going to be underrated, they're not the type of thing that higher tier S mains (and Marth mains) consider a threat. I said that MK is the most underrated character only because of how most of his matchups stem from his "gayest" moves like DSmash and Whorenado (...and his awesome ground game, decent air game easy gimping options and murderous offstage game). MK has some awesome potential to have a tier of his own if players weren't so... yeah, that word towards him.

*Fun game* Hey guys: Try to see where I'm being sarcastic.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Yoshi has been underrated since 64. DK also has been a sleeper, especially in Brawl. But besides them, I'd say PT. Ivy takes some work, but PT is becoming untapped.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I gotta say Lucas is the most underrated of the stronger characters. Why this is so escapes me. He has such a great battle prowess. Perhaps people are just biased and hate his cowardly disposition. Lucas is more easier to use than Ness, but I see a lot of people using Ness more than him.

TheTKO2020

Smash Rookie
Ness is easily of the the most underrated characters on the game he has lots of potential if used correctly.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
How is MK underrated? If anything he's overrated. People constantly say he should be banned blah blah blah, even though he's not even placing first in major tourneys.

Top Bottom