• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's not really suited to my taste. If it's supposed to be a sign that she had been fighting quite a bit, then I'm okay with it. Otherwise, it looks meh to me. It does remind me of the Jetsons though (and DBZ too).
It doesn't appear to be an error in any way. Maybe the flaps were meant to be able to move around, but that kind of detail could never really be implemented onto Rosalina's model.

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
Do you think they'll ever patch the game for Rosalina dittos? Perhaps the Luma starts out or even stays in a fitting color to your Rosalina?

C3CC

Smash Lord
Can we take a moment to appreciate how beautfiful, sexy, badass and cool Rosalina is in the Bowser Jr trailer?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina was SOOOOO cool in that Bowser Jr trailer though.

She had her serious face. :3

"Heard you were talkin' ****..."

Also, PeachxRosalina confirmed:

Hey I'm back from school! Gosh! So many things on the Wii U that made SSB3DS more like a garbage now. When I got a Wii U I definitely get the game of course.
Here is my total review about this direct and some thoughts about Rosalina's appeariances in this direct.
At whole many modes in the Wii U version are actually just like 3DS version but being more bigger. Smash Tour looks amazing I'm going to spend a lot of time on that mode with my friends. I can't wait to get all of the music! Mewtwo is back seems a good draw to this game. But to me I think this is no a good idea since Sakurai is still making him, I bet many people will rail why Sakurai didn't add him already since he was a highly request character ever since they announced this new Smash Bros game. Bad timing Sakurai....sort of.
Bowser jr. trailer's scene looks a bit like Megaman's trailer right? Did you guys know that back at Megaman's trailer there were some Bowser jr. wanted fans claimed that they saw Bowser jr. back at Link's head. It turns out to be a bush, but now he's here......coincedince? I think not.... The trailer looks rad but still, Bowser Jr is still one of the characters that I hate in Smash Bros, no hard feelings Bowser Jr. fans, just my personal reception, again too many Mario reps in the roster this time. Adding Rosalina is enough. No wonder why she looks angry when she saw Bowser Jr. , sort of. Guess this is the only moment that we seen a half anger Rosalina.
Although only a second passed, that Rosalina sure looks ...I don't know,angry I guess? I don't really like to describe it as badass. And what make it seems like this probably because the lighting and her viewing angle, everyone can make that look by looking up.And Rosalina and everyone except Megaman didn't do anything in this trailer but just showing up, I was as angry as Mario when I was watching Bowser Jr's trailer. At the end I guess Mario and others but Rosalina will get beaten and Rosalina & Luma will save the day, always. Like in Super Mario Galaxy.
Rosalina might say:"This roster is not big for both of us!!!!"
We used to know that they won't let us see Rosalina being hit,spammed, or even get koed in a direct, trailer,and most of the screenshots. Now you see her being crashed in to the lava zone by Jigglypuff(One of the character that I don't like too, but unlike Bowser Jr, I still want her back. Reason that I hate her is because she is too hard to fight with and too hard to use with), get normally koed like rest of the characters, what have you done to her Sakurai? She should be like a goddess!
Speaking of goddess I am really,really curious, what appeals will they make about Palutena or Viridi talking about her. What kind of appeals do you think they will make? Post your ideas here!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Changed my avatar for HD Rosalina! <3
:rosalina:
Is this from the direct? Never seen this before...
Oh, and one more thing about the trailer and the direct, Rosalina at first is teaming up with Villger! Which again reminds me of this trivia in Smash Wiki
  • The Villager is the only newcomer to be on both the Wii U and 3DS covers.
    • However, with the full group art on both versions, Pac-Man and Rosalina receive the same treatment.
It's not really suited to my taste. If it's supposed to be a sign that she had been fighting quite a bit, then I'm okay with it. Otherwise, it looks meh to me. It does remind me of the Jetsons though (and DBZ too).
I noticed that, but I didn't think it was an error. I thought it was supposed to be a sign that she had been fighting quite a bit. Like, the flaps just got creased up amongst the fighting.

It looks really cool, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them like that more often.
It doesn't appear to be an error in any way. Maybe the flaps were meant to be able to move around, but that kind of detail could never really be implemented onto Rosalina's model.

Yeah, by the way,was it like this in her reveal trailer,AKB48 commercial? Or probably she really gets in to Smash Bros that she made her upper sleeve raised up a bit, showing her aggressiveness, and we never seen her lifting her arms upward in the trailer, or maybe she really had a fight before? Nice touch.
Just don't be evil Rosalina.....
Maybe they made Rosalina a true Smasher now rather than just being a newcomer,just like "The Original 12", an Honor of Smash character.
And Kirby is always on her side!
And one more I forgot to say is that I actually hate Bowser Jr even more after watching this trailer, Duck Hunt's I don't know, maybe I will still hate it, but who knows...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just completed Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity with Rosalina. Delighted about that! :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some footage from Smash Wii U has been uploaded by GameXPlain, with one of the videos involving Rosalina. It appears that Rosalina's Wii U voice actor is Kerri Kane too, as the character voice clips sound EXACTLY like the ones from Smash 3DS.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just completed Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity with Rosalina. Delighted about that! :D
I only complete 8.0 with Mario .....my Smash technique is getting rusty these days...
Some footage from Smash Wii U has been uploaded by GameXPlain, with one of the videos involving Rosalina. It appears that Rosalina's Wii U voice actor is Kerri Kane too, as the character voice clips sound EXACTLY like the ones from Smash 3DS.
Not surprised, and the opening for the Wii U is just like Brawl. Melee is still has the best opening.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not too bothered about the return of Kerri Kane. She's my least favourite Rosalina actress, but unlike in past games she voiced Rosalina, I actually outright like how she sounds in Smash 3DS, and by extension, Smash Wii U.

Plus, that "Mmm-hmmm" is too sexy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not too bothered about the return of Kerri Kane. She's my least favourite Rosalina actress, but unlike in past games she voiced Rosalina, I actually outright like how she sounds in Smash 3DS, and by extension, Smash Wii U.

It just seems very ironic though. Didn't Laura Faye Smith make a reply that she would be voice acting Rosalina? If so, then she either lied to us, or her voice clips were denied.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her clips likely went unused.

Nintendo doesn't seem to like keeping Rosalina's actresses in loop. I mean, even Mercedes Rose had no need to be dropped and was perfectly willing to voice her again.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So yeah, what a badass she was in the Bowser Jr. trailer. However, since Villager appeared in Jr.'s artwork, it left a little to be desired. I wanted to see how he would react in a scenario like that. :p

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hey, I think I noticed something different about Rosalina in the Wii U version. It seems that she walks or takes wide steps as opposed to "skating" in the 3DS version. Just look at her in this video.
I like this animation change. It's not better or worse than her 3DS animation, it's just the dress looks much more fluid. I could be wrong though as upon closer inspection (already difficult enough with the far camera) it seems that it's just the dress itself that's fluid and animated differently. I really do think that she has a different walking animation. Also, that CPU Rosalina makes me cringe a bit (all CPU's do this to me).

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Hey, I think I noticed something different about Rosalina in the Wii U version. It seems that she walks or takes wide steps as opposed to "skating" in the 3DS version. Just look at her in this video.
I like this animation change. It's not better or worse than her 3DS animation, it's just the dress looks much more fluid. I could be wrong though as upon closer inspection (already difficult enough with the far camera) it seems that it's just the dress itself that's fluid and animated differently. I really do think that she has a different walking animation. Also, that CPU Rosalina makes me cringe a bit (all CPU's do this to me).
For now I'll just chalk it up to dem HD dress physics. But sweet baby Jesus the Wii U version looks gorgeous.

I get to see Rosalina (And Shulk) in 1080p 60fps. I don't usually ***** about graphics (LIKE WHAT EVERYONE DOES IN THIS GEN) but hey, it won't hurt and I'm gonna use this as an excuse if I lose

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Sexy indeed.
I so want to use the GC controller to play Smash Bros, my Smash Bros technique recently git rusty. Guess that without the C stick I'm a nobody.
It just seems very ironic though. Didn't Laura Faye Smith make a reply that she would be voice acting Rosalina? If so, then she either lied to us, or her voice clips were denied.
I remeber her voice is a bit high pitched, maybe they cut her voice off because developers thought her voice might be a bit similar to Peach?Just my guess.
So yeah, what a badass she was in the Bowser Jr. trailer. However, since Villager appeared in Jr.'s artwork, it left a little to be desired. I wanted to see how he would react in a scenario like that. :p
I really want to see the the full character's artwork that appeared in Bowser Jr's artwork. You can't say Rosalina looks badass,Villager looks badass. Just look at that smile...
Rosalina walks makes me feel that she is more generous rather than goddess like elegant. Well, Palutena walks too, so why can't she?
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku hello I would like to ask you if we can play Smash Bros together? My free time is mostly 4:30~5:00 AM GMT+8.(This is also the time that I am usually online in Smashboards). So what is your main time playing Smash Bros? Can you send a conversation to me please? Or just left a message to me. I want train my rusted Smash Bros technique.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, Kerri Kane returned, but with reused voice clips or brand new voice acting?
All voice clips are completely reused from Smash 3DS. That's quite lazy when you look at the predicament that Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong are still dealing with; they all get realistic animal voices, while Bowser Jr. maintains his cartoonish voice.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After a couple of tries, I can safely say that I've successfully beat Classic Mode on Intensity 9.0 with Rosalina. :D

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
After a couple of tries, I can safely say that I've successfully beat Classic Mode on Intensity 9.0 with Rosalina. :D
Did you use custom? I am still trying with Mario. But Smash technique is not that well recently.
All voice clips are completely reused from Smash 3DS. That's quite lazy when you look at the predicament that Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong are still dealing with; they all get realistic animal voices, while Bowser Jr. maintains his cartoonish voice.
Quite lazy indeed but what kind of voice would you like to change it to? Most of the old characters voice are good in Brawl, but the worst voice change to me is Fox, he sounds like he was from Starfox 64, I like his Brawl voice more.
I think Kerri's voice fits quite well for Smash Bros, one note is that one of Rosalina's KO scream sounds a bit bizarre don't you think? It feels like Kerri lost her voice in the middle of recording, I can barely imagine how will Laura do her KO scream.
Oh my gosh, wait a minute... Does she have Rosalina's Story book?! How did she get that?!

It was drawn by a famous Miiverse artist, El!as.
Why would a weird,cold,creepy Ghost Maniac girl and ghost type Pokemons love to see a heart warming Rosalina's story book?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, I didn't. I plan to distance myself from using custom specials.
What?! It is nearly impossible to clear intensity 9.0 without custom. You must had tried a lot right?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gonna go trainig and complete intensity 9.0 right now.
Tip: Always take the easiest routes, and for stage 5, try to get the Fighting Mii Team as your opponent. Just be aware that even if you give Rosalina defense buffs, it will not affect her launch resistance against Master Core's attacks, but the buffs will help her survive longer.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Please don't hate me for this.
Sorry not sorry.
I recommend watching the whole thing if you can handle it.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not really. It took me like 5 tries to clear that with her. lol
The tricky part is that Master Core's attacks are faster on intensity level 9.0, and whenever Master Beast does its bite attack, the attack has hitlag upon hitting the Luma.

There's also Master Edges's attack assaults, as they've been the bane of me during my fair share of attempts.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The tricky part is that Master Core's attacks are faster on intensity level 9.0, and whenever Master Beast does its bite attack, the attack has hitlag upon hitting the Luma.

There's also Master Edges's attack assaults, as they've been the bane of me during my fair share of attempts.
That bite attack from Master Beast was no fun at all especially when it immediately performs it right off the bat after transforming. I didn't had time to react to that the first time it happened.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I cleared level 9 as Kirby, NEVER AGAIN!

I just cruised through it at level 5 for everyone (4.9 as Rosalina for some reason?)

Rosalina was awesome in Jrs trailer, I wish that trailer had chosen a more upbeat music like the one that plays when Jr appears in Galaxy.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Ok, but are those voice clips reused from Mario Kart 7 and Mario Golf: World Tour or are they brand new?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not really. It took me like 5 tries to clear that with her. lol
I want to try Mario first, Rosalina I got to 6.6 only, I can't stand seeing her being beaten.
No matter how hard I tried and even with customization, I just can't get through that Master Core. I kept playing for over an hour today. Since I still have some things needed to do. I'll try it next time.

The bit attack is really horrifying and sometimes hard to dodge. When I got to Master Cord sword I was nearly being koed.
Any tips with how to avoid Master Cords attacks?
Tip: Always take the easiest routes, and for stage 5, try to get the Fighting Mii Team as your opponent. Just be aware that even if you give Rosalina defense buffs, it will not affect her launch resistance against Master Core's attacks, but the buffs will help her survive longer.
Whoops, didn't see this comment.
Uh.....as I mention before I would like to try with Mario first since he is my main. Sorry for not mentioning that, and my customization is quite even. If you can give me tips about how to deal Master Core with Mario I would be really thankful. ( I know this thread is about Rosalina, but please, I am in a big dilemma now.)
After playing:
I did exactly as you said, it made me all the way through to the Mast Cord for nearly every tries. But of course I still lose. Don't worry, I won't blame you, I will blame myself for being suck. My Smash technique is not good without C stick.
I may check some playthrough videos for tips too.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And beware 2v2s like the plague. More like 2v1s with the partner you're given.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ok, but are those voice clips reused from Mario Kart 7 and Mario Golf: World Tour or are they brand new?
Some of the voice clips did come from Mario Kart 7. That's all that I can say.

I want to try Mario first, Rosalina I got to 6.6 only, I can't stand seeing her being beaten.
No matter how hard I tried and even with customization, I just can't get through that Master Core. I kept playing for over an hour today. Since I still have some things needed to do. I'll try it next time.
I was actually able to beat Master Core on my first go with Rosalina on intensity levels 5.2, 6.0, 7.5, and 8.0. Once you get to 9.0, however, it's a whole new ballgame; my first attempt against intensity level 9.0 Master Core resulted in me beating Master Core on intensity level 8.5, due to a continue that I took (afterwards, for any other failed attempts, I simply restarted while keeping a portion of my rewards).

The bit attack is really horrifying and sometimes hard to dodge. When I got to Master Cord sword I was nearly being koed.
Any tips with how to avoid Master Cords attacks?
On intensity level 9.0, you "really" need good reflexes to avoid too much injury. Against Master Edges, I've noticed that one of its attacks can be avoided completely if you can just get under it before it strikes. As for Master Edges's projectiles, they can be countered with Gravitational Pull, though the larger projectiles are a tad harder to counter.

Whoops, didn't see this comment.
Uh.....as I mention before I would like to try with Mario first since he is my main. Sorry for not mentioning that, and my customization is quite even. If you can give me tips about how to deal Master Core with Mario I would be really thankful. ( I know this thread is about Rosalina, but please, I am in a big dilemma now.)
After playing:
I did exactly as you said, it made me all the way through to the Mast Cord for nearly every tries. But of course I still lose. Don't worry, I won't blame you, I will blame myself for being suck. My Smash technique is not good without C stick.
I may check some playthrough videos for tips too.
Sorry, but I only made it to intensity level 9.0 Master Core with Rosalina. She was the only fighter that I could truly rely on to get the job done. Of course, the custom equipment did help a bit, as I did use a Crouch Healer to try to recover any damage that I took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom