• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Zero does an analysis vs Dabuz showing the Fox side of the matchup.

Interesting for Rosie mains and those who need advice on how to beat her as well.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Zero does an analysis vs Dabuz showing the Fox side of the matchup.

Interesting for Rosie mains and those who need advice on how to beat her as well.
Where? I doubt fox is really good against rosalina, shes got way to good tools for such a low range character to stand a chance.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anything involving the use of censored words does not go well with Rosalina at all. Rosalina would never curse to anyone.
Yeah, she is a elegant woman.
By the way, are any of you guys going to make a Rosalina guide in the recent guide section? I want to make one but I don't have that time to analyze all the tactics of her. So hope you guys can make a guide for Rosalina soon!
A link would be super helpful.
Here it is:

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Villager, Mii Fighter, and Pac-Man's GD are dead, Wii Fit Trainer's is incredibly boring. The only decent one for a main of mine is this one. :T

Also about everyone's preferred Rosie color, mine would be Black and Purple. :3
I just go with the default. I never use alts that don't have direct canonical origin. It's a pet peeve of mine. :T

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
All of Rosalina's colors are awesome really. :D
Yeah, she is a elegant woman.
By the way, are any of you guys going to make a Rosalina guide in the recent guide section? I want to make one but I don't have that time to analyze all the tactics of her. So hope you guys can make a guide for Rosalina soon!

Here it is:
Yeah, that kinda proves that more fast moving characters seem to have an advantage over Rosalina. We are going to have to find ways around this since the fast characters also are the more used ones. I mean, you got Fox, ZSS, and Sheik. A dangerous spot to be sure.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All of Rosalina's colors are awesome really. :D

Yeah, that kinda proves that more fast moving characters seem to have an advantage over Rosalina. We are going to have to find ways around this since the fast characters also are the more used ones. I mean, you got Fox, ZSS, and Sheik. A dangerous spot to be sure.
I haven't watched the video yet.
Yup,I've mention this before A LOT of times, glad that I main Sonic, thinking of maining ZSS.
And if anyone of you have time, go ahead make a Rosalina guide in the guide section!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
default, red, or black I guess
RED, always red. She looks more powerful in red color to me.
Even though not likely I will really want to buy an amiibo figure of Fire Mario color and Fire, Red Rosalina color version.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Oh wow, the Rosalina theme actually is free. That's a pleasant surprise, I have eShop balance and was willing to pay for it. That Bowser one is pretty snazzy too. It's a shame the cover plates for the New 3DS aren't being made for the new XL also.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Oh wow, the Rosalina theme actually is free. That's a pleasant surprise, I have eShop balance and was willing to pay for it. That Bowser one is pretty snazzy too. It's a shame the cover plates for the New 3DS aren't being made for the new XL also.
Oh? They aren't?

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Oh? They aren't?
Nope, they're only being made for the regular size New 3DS. I only bring this up because there's that good looking one that matches the Rosalina home theme. I plan to upgrade to a New 3DS XL after it comes out and it was a shame to realise I couldn't get the cover plates.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm shocked that dispite how good I play with Rosalina, she came up short in favor of Ludwig and Lucina, giving her a ranking of 4th place in my game, I have to be honest, I thought Rosalina was going to be my Queen Bee, but who knows, maybe someday she'll dethrone Lucina and take 3rd.

Though I'd like to stick with Ludwig as my secondary, there is a slight chance Rosalina cound end up there like I originally intended since she was revealed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nope, they're only being made for the regular size New 3DS. I only bring this up because there's that good looking one that matches the Rosalina home theme. I plan to upgrade to a New 3DS XL after it comes out and it was a shame to realise I couldn't get the cover plates.

I really hope the XL will have more colors in the future.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to but I don't think I have the time right now.

I see everyone crying out about this but I don't understand what people mean. I don't have trouble against fast characters with her. Out of the three you listed, only ZSS gives me trouble, and it's not because she's fast (and she gives me much less trouble now since I hammered a good ZSS player in For Glory yesterday, multiple times, which leads me to believe the match up might not be in ZSS's favour as much as I thought).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I want to but I don't think I have the time right now.

I see everyone crying out about this but I don't understand what people mean. I don't have trouble against fast characters with her. Out of the three you listed, only ZSS gives me trouble, and it's not because she's fast (and she gives me much less trouble now since I hammered a good ZSS player in For Glory yesterday, multiple times, which leads me to believe the match up might not be in ZSS's favour as much as I thought).
Well. of course. Base on how wise you are when using Rosalina, sometimes some fast characters won't be a big deal to you, and that's a good thing.
I am thinking of maining ZSS. It make take a while for me to master her.
Also a little question:
Does your Smash bros 3DS main data (Like all of your progress, achievements etc.), saved in to your cartridge or your SD card? Purpose you bought a new game cartridge and insert in my 3DS. Will the saved data be the same? Furthermore, if I put my cartridge to other user's 3DS, if he had played Smash Bros, will the data be the same? Or being overwritten?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you own a physical copy, the data is on the game cartridge. If you own a digital copy, the data can be saved to your system or SD Card, as well as backed up.

Biff

Smash Rookie
Anyone here playing as Rosaluma online in For Glory as "Bo"?
Probably the best player I've ever gone against so far, just completely destroyed me in all our matches.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you own a physical copy, the data is on the game cartridge. If you own a digital copy, the data can be saved to your system or SD Card, as well as backed up.
Okay, but the personal datas such as pictures,replays,and customizations are saved in your SD card.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got that Rosalina theme, but it seems the reason I couldn't download the themes last night is because they wanted to change the price tag from "FREE" to "€1.99". :\

Other than the music choice and Rosalina getting only 3 of her sides shown, it's a really cool theme.

Also, from the side view, Rosalina's breasts are REALLY emphasised for some reason. It's weird, as they are smaller than what they are in say, her biker gear, but also aren't fully clasped in like the gown normally has them...

...just an observation. Her hair looks really nice and long too, though, and she looks great in the classic art style.

Also, for those who want a good look at the Rosalina theme but do not have it:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally got that Rosalina theme, but it seems the reason I couldn't download the themes last night is because they wanted to change the price tag from "FREE" to "€1.99". :\

Other than the music choice and Rosalina getting only 3 of her sides shown, it's a really cool theme.

Also, from the side view, Rosalina's breasts are REALLY emphasised for some reason. It's weird, as they are smaller than what they are in say, her biker gear, but also aren't fully clasped in like the gown normally has them...

...just an observation. Her hair looks really nice and long too, though, and she looks great in the classic art style.

Also, for those who want a good look at the Rosalina theme but do not have it:

Wow, theme is extremely gorgious!
Her breasts looks more emphasized probably due to her star badge on her chest, and the classic artworks heavy lines.
At whole this theme looks great.
Also I changed my signature! Too bad the sig can only show the top row of my mains on my tablet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
star badge on her chest, and the classic artworks heavy lines.
It's not that, they are just emphasised more than the dress normally would do from the side.

Not that I'm complaining, or intend to discuss it further.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's not that, they are just emphasised more than the dress normally would do from the side.

Not that I'm complaining, or intend to discuss it further.
Of course, since it's just a 2D picture.
I know that, so that why post it as a spoiler. I think it is fine to me.

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
My Rosie color rankings:

1. turquoise (default)
2. black
3. red
4. purple
5. pink
6. white
7. green
8. gold

She doesn't seem to have a bad color though. Also, can't wait for the Wii U version, she looks just fantastic in it! She's truly at another level in HD, with that shiny dress and flowing hair. :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So tomorrow I will actually be entering a small online tournament on another forum. It has no stake in it, it's just for fun, but I think we will all be saving replays, and I might upload my performance. The tournament is tomorrow.

Of course, I'm representing Rosalina & Luma.

I'm feeling really confident about my first match though because it's against someone playing as :4bowserjr:.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I seem to be the only person in the world who likes gold Rosie. >.>

More fanciness for me then. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I seem to be the only person in the world who likes gold Rosie. >.>

More fanciness for me then. :p
I like it but I'm so attached to default.

I'll probably use some alts on some custom builds in the future though.

EDIT: Started that little tournament and I won the first round without any real problems at all. Only took 60%.

Last edited:

Percentful

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4947-0924
So, Rosalina was my main for Mario Kart and then in Mario 3D World. And when I first tried her when I got Smash 3DS, I didn't like her at all. She felt so bad compared to what the trailers showed.
Then I watched Dabuzz win the tournament with her. And then I tried her again.
And then I realized she's amazing. <3
Anyone else experience this? She kind of has a learning curve in my opinion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, Rosalina was my main for Mario Kart and then in Mario 3D World. And when I first tried her when I got Smash 3DS, I didn't like her at all. She felt so bad compared to what the trailers showed.
Then I watched Dabuzz win the tournament with her. And then I tried her again.
And then I realized she's amazing. <3
Anyone else experience this? She kind of has a learning curve in my opinion.
She has a learning curve but I've loved her since I tried her. I'm still far from unlocking her full potential though, if that's even possible.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Would you believe that the newest round of Conquest mode is titled "Dress for Success" but has no Rosalina in it. Instead, it's between Peach, Zelda and Palutena. Obviously they're afraid she would have dominated. :v

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Would you believe that the newest round of Conquest mode is titled "Dress for Success" but has no Rosalina in it. Instead, it's between Peach, Zelda and Palutena. Obviously they're afraid she would have dominated. :v
I actually interpreted it to be to do with the fact that Peach, Zelda, and Palutena are all visibly hampered by their dresses. Peach and Zelda have awkward dash animations in their dresses, and Palutena has an awkward walk in her dress (in that she tries to run).

Rosalina on the other hand, just flies about whether she's walking or dashing.

There's also the fact that Peach, Zelda, and Palutena wear elaborate dresses due to being formally revered figureheads in their universes. So their dresses reflect royalty and richness.

Rosalina wears but a modest nightgown, and it looks like something a woman would sleep in, rather than something royalty would parade around in. She also isn't revered/worshipped like royalty or divinity (even though she is a divine deity and is more important to the well being of the Mario universe than Palutena is to the Kid Icarus universe). The Lumas love her, but it's a lot less formal and more personal compared to the other three, so I wouldn't say they "revere" her and "worship" her in the same sense Toads revere Peach, Hyruleans revere Zelda, and Centurions and humans worship Palutena.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I actually interpreted it to be to do with the fact that Peach, Zelda, and Palutena are all visibly hampered by their dresses. Peach and Zelda have awkward dash animations in their dresses, and Palutena has an awkward walk in her dress (in that she tries to run).

There's also the fact that Peach, Zelda, and Palutena wear elaborate dresses due to being formally revered figureheads in their universes. So their dresses reflect royalty and richness.

Rosalina wears but a modest nightgown, and it looks like something a woman would sleep in, rather than something royalty would parade around in. She also isn't revered/worshipped like royalty or divinity (even though she is a divine deity and is more important to the well being of the Mario universe than Palutena is to the Kid Icarus universe). The Lumas love her, but it's a lot less formal and more personal compared to the other three, so I wouldn't say they "revere" her and "worship" her in the same sense Toads revere Peach, Hyruleans revere Zelda, and Centurions and humans worship Palutena.
Makes sense. Guess I'll wait for a future Conquest featuring Rosalina, looking forward to see what they come up with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing is, Palutena is the fastest of the three. She's even faster than Pit, who's slightly faster than Rosalina.

Anyway, it's not like Rosalina is a monarch, as the Lumas simply treat her like a mother.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah, since Rosalina had won the National tournament recently.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's of course something to watch out for, but it's possible to trick reflector users by charging it just enough so that Luma ends up right beside them, and can the follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom