• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother Series's Eternal Villain - Porky Support Thread (New Ownership!)

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I think Porky's Mother 3 mech is more well known now because it was fortunate to appear in Brawl.

And yes, I'll be happy to see him appear in Smash 4 in any form. Of course, I would prefer him playable, but if he returns as a boss, I'll be satisfied to see him in HD glory.
Yay, the return of fal! ;) But yes, I agree. Plus though, it just looks cooler to me.

Yeah. I think that he will at the least be a trophy and sticker. Anything less than that, and I would be dissapointed. If he was a returning boss, I would be pretty excited. If he was an AT, I would not be pleased at ALL... Porky as an AT would be really sucky. A Flint & Boney tag team would be much better in my opinion.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa . I'm pretty sure there were more similarities between the games Mother and Mother 2.

• Jeff and Paula are based off Lloyd and Anna
  • You collect sounds of a song to get to the final part of the game
  • You start out in a similar house, with a similar family, with a similar dad, with the same save system
  • It has the crow enemy and Punk/Gang Members
  • The Tree/Dungeon guy was a throwback to Eve
  • The Laboratory and it's music returns
  • The Setting and Time Era is similar
I find these as more reasons MOTHER 1 representation is not necessary. This is coming from a Ninten supporter.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I were to choose what form Porky would appear in, I would choose the spider-mech.
It is smaller than the bed mech (which I know is not actually that big in Mother 3, but it would just be kinda awkward controlling in battle)
And it would give a more natural feel walking around than the bed mech.

image.jpg

D

Deleted member

If I were to choose what form Porky would appear in, I would choose the spider-mech.
It is smaller than the bed mech (which I know is not actually that big in Mother 3, but it would just be kinda awkward controlling in battle)

View attachment 6969
This I agree with.

While Crusade managed to make the Mother 3 mech work, it would be quite awkward when using 3D models as opposed to sprites.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Porky is in smash, I hope they come up with a homage to both of his mechs of the series. His own smash design, if you will.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of you hate the character but when you really think about his origins you can't help but notice how tragic the character's story really is... I mean according to Itoi himself his parents were supposedly terrible and abusive and he had absolutely no friends. How he turned out per se is even more sad considering there are many clues in Mother 3 that secretly lead for you to infer that Porky actually thought of Ness as his friend...his only friend. Not to mention that after time traveling he can probably never go back his own time period.

Regarding Porky as a playable character I think I need to see a more developed moveset before I say anything on the matter (especially because I think Mother doesn't need anymore reps it really has to "wow" me).

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
^^^This is true. through out Mother 3 is a lot that suggest Porky misses Ness. its also possible that Giygas permanently messed with his head after the events of the meteor crashing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

View attachment 6969
I agree. I looks like Porky is actually controlling the mech unlike the Mother 3 mech.

bobadz

Smash Ace

A tribute to porky not made by me.

But yes he's awesome and should be the front runner for a 3rd mother character.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I never actually mentioned that I completely 100% support.
Even though I own the Giygas thread, and I consider Giygas the main antagonist of the mother series, I still think Porky should be in Smash before him. I feel Porky just has more to offer Moveset wise, especially with his Spider and Bed mechs.

Also, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , could you add this music to the OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taUOwr-hg-s
It's the Pokey Means Business/His Highness' Theme Remix that was used in the video posted above by @ B bobadz and @ PigmaskColonel PigmaskColonel .

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I never actually mentioned that I completely 100% support.
Even though I own the Giygas thread, and I consider Giygas the main antagonist of the mother series, I still think Porky should be in Smash before him. I feel Porky just has more to offer Moveset wise, especially with his Spider and Bed mechs.

Also, @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , could you add this music to the OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taUOwr-hg-s
It's the Pokey Means Business/His Highness' Theme Remix that was used in the video posted above by @ B bobadz and @ PigmaskColonel PigmaskColonel .
There's also Audacious March.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So I decide to make a new image of Porky with mechanical legs like Dr. Octopus based in a image that I found, here it is:

What do you think guys?
.n_n.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That image is awesome.

Porky would be the last and ultimate Mother rep, a true bridge between Mother 2 and 3, connecting the whole series and finishing off the trio with a villain. Doesn't hurt I love the character.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I decide to make a new image of Porky with mechanical legs like Dr. Octopus based in a image that I found, here it is:

What do you think guys?
.n_n.
Could someone tell me where the idea of "Doc Oc" Porky came from?

I haven't completed Earthbound or Mother 3, but I'm 90% this isn't canon.

I'm curious as to see where it originated and why it is such a popular interpretation of Porky for Smash Bros.

That image is awesome.

Porky would be the last and ultimate Mother rep, a true bridge between Mother 2 and 3, connecting the whole series and finishing off the trio with a villain. Doesn't hurt I love the character.
I agree with both things you said in this post.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Could someone tell me where the idea of "Doc Oc" Porky came from?

I'm curious as to see where it originated and why it is such a popular interpretation of Porky for Smash Bros.

I agree with both things you said in this post.
I did take the idea from this image:

I like it and decide to put something like it in 3D.

.n_n.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Um... If you're a Mother fan, how is it possible that you haven't completed these...?

PHONY MOTHER FAN ALERT!! :troll:

And to answer your question, no, this is not canon. I don't have the slightest clue who created this, but it originated somewhere here on Smashboards evidently.

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice

What do you think guys?
.n_n.
holy ****,

this is great, i would rather even have porky like this than in his mech. would still be accepting his mech non the less

i would love it if porky becomes playable

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I really need to get into Earthbound. I thought he was hilarious in the first chapter, but I haven't gotten much further than that. Knowing of his mech (due to his Brawl boss battle), I think he could make a really interesting fighter.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The idea of Doc Ock Porky was from an artist from DeviantArt named ProfessorFandango.

I know this is late, but I'll add that picture of Porky to the OP, once I get the time.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

View attachment 6969
I agree. Its probably best for him to be in his earthbound state, but I'd be happy as long as he stays in his mech when he fights.

D

Deleted member

I could have sworn these images came before Professor Fandango's art.

The concept seemed to be relatively popular for quite a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who prefers him to have an actual mech?

I don't want there to be non-canon stuff.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I could have sworn these images came before Professor Fandango's art.

The concept seemed to be relatively popular for quite a while.
This may be insignificant, but these ones have him with the legs of his Earthbound mech, while the other ones have him with his more robotic Mother 3 Bed-Mech legs.

Am I the only one who prefers him to have an actual mech?

I don't want there to be non-canon stuff.
You're not alone.

Also, Pigmask Colonel, we need to be the Kings of Porky when Smash 5 (or whatever the game after WiiU and 3DS is) speculation comes around.
We will be to Porky, as BKupa666 is to King K. Rool.
While we may not need a Mother newcomer this time around, Porky must be in the next game.
We must get his popularity and awareness very, VERY high.

What do you say?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This may be insignificant, but these ones have him with the legs of his Earthbound mech, while the other ones have him with his more robotic Mother 3 Bed-Mech legs.
It's irrelevant to the point. The point being that the concept of a "Doc Ock" style Porky has existed and has been commonly favored for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman

You're not alone.

Also, Pigmask Colonel, we need to be the Kings of Porky when Smash 5 (or whatever the game after WiiU and 3DS is) speculation comes around.
We will be to Porky, as BKupa666 is to King K. Rool.
While we may not need a Mother newcomer this time around, Porky must be in the next game.
We must get his popularity and awareness very, VERY high.

What do you say?
H*** yeah!! I wish I owned this thread so much...

And yeah, speaking of K. Rool, I am a huge K. Rool fan. I wish I owned that thread too...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Gave the OP a much needed update (Music, the glorious fan art, supporter's list and removing the broken links).

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Not sure if this will be seen, but I drew up a moveset loosely based on OP.

If you feel I should repost in more popular threads, I will be happy to oblige.

D

Deleted member

You capture Porky absolutely perfectly, @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt

I'd love to see standards and aerials too. That's an area where Porky has some trouble imagining for a set, it'd be great to see ideas in picture form.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I fully support Porky !! (I want him to replace Lucas honestly. 3 mother reps seems like too much). I'm just not a fan of the non-canon Doc Ock idea. I would like for him to be without his mech too (the mech should be his final smash). Porky should use his phase distorter, minions, and other items from the Mother series to fight.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Those are absolutely amazing, Dalek_Kolt. You've done a pretty fine job to showing how the mech would work in a Smash environment. I love it.

I'll add them to the OP.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not sure if this will be seen, but I drew up a moveset loosely based on OP.

If you feel I should repost in more popular threads, I will be happy to oblige.

Also, Heavily Armed Porky interacting with the Smash environment.
Oh my God!
Those are amazing!
They perfectly capture Porky's personality, and show that he can work really well in Smash!

I also really love the way that you made the Spider and Bed mech be very similar in terms of movements, and how one could function as an alternate costume for the other!
That's a great idea that I haven't seen before!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I fully support Porky !! (I want him to replace Lucas honestly. 3 mother reps seems like too much). I'm just not a fan of the non-canon Doc Ock idea. I would like for him to be without his mech too (the mech should be his final smash). Porky should use his phase distorter, minions, and other items from the Mother series to fight.
The thing is, that would be totally out of character for Porky, even more so than Captain Falcon. Porky is a lazy little brat who would only engage in battle as a last resort, and only with tons of firepower and protection.

And try as I might, I really can't see Porky engaging in hand-to-hand combat with the likes of Bowser and Samus or double-jumping like its nothing. Without his mech or some serious weapons, Porky is just a human kid, and a particularly pathetic one at that.

Top Bottom