• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mouse "left click" not working

neous

Smash Journeyman
im not really technical when it comes to computers. ill try my best to explain

problem:
whenever i try to select, highlight, and or drag, "erratic" things happen.
when i single
click, the click either does nothing or does multiple clicks.
when i HOLD the left click in attempt to highlight or drag, it will stop highlighting midway and highlight elsewhere, and when i try to drag it will stop dragging and switch to either inactivity or highlighting a different location [all while not removing my finger].
i cant really think of a better way to explain it... left click acts straight up ********.

its almost imposssible to select/ highlight / or drag the way i want to

attempt at solution:
i tried rebooting a few times, it didnt do anything
its happening on two mice so im pretty sure its not hardware issue
ive tried using mice in different ports (not sure if that matters)
i tried searching for "mouse not working", "left click / holding left click not working" etc but havent found a solution

HOWEVER
switching right click to function as left click has RESTOREd normal function

but id like it to be normal with left click functional as it used to again. PLZ HALP

im currently running malwarebytes and sypbot search n destroy along with my antivirus in case a malicious program is causing it.​

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Try using one or both of the mice on a different computer and see if you get the same results.

neous

Smash Journeyman
Try using one or both of the mice on a different computer and see if you get the same results.
thanks alot for the reply

to my surprise,
when i did this, i experienced similar hold / drag problems with my mini usb mouse on my other computer.

i guess then its BOTH my mice? what are the chances. [im going to try my third mouse on my other comp on this one]

is this sort of thing common?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is the first I've heard of it, but I don't usually buy small laptop mice, so I can't vouch for the quality of those.

neous

Smash Journeyman
thanks for your help.

if anyone has this problem in the future, i re installed the drivers, it seemed to fix the problem for all mice.

Top Bottom