• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move Set Discussion - MOVE OF THE DAY = Dair

Ace55

Smash Lord
Normally the f-smash's usage is limited due to its lack of range."... "As Wario Man, the f-smash's range is even greater.
OK, that's not right.

And we know that (almost) all Warioman's moves are devestating, that's why it's a Final smash. Doesn't help unless you're playing an item match (which makes it a whole different game anyway).

Popertop

Smash Champion
You can Uair Lucario if you time it right.
At one point in the clap it has more range/priority than his Dair it seems.
That move is beastly though, so taking it head on would be unwise.

I love this Fsmash. Easily the coolest/most useful in the game.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Wario's Fsmash has good power and super armor frames. It is one of the best Fsmashes in the game despite its lack of range.

Goochf1111

Smash Cadet
I have been battling internally whether to save fsmash for a 80-100% insta kill or use it to add 20% to them quickly. And i have decided that both work!!!. Usually for the first stock i will use it as the first move, and than when they get to 90% use it. Than, I either spam it and kill with other moves, or only use other moves to refresh it. Frankly, it is the only move that i consciously think of a stale-moves depreciation counter.

But.... be warned, F-smash has the perfect amount of after lag to punish you with ground game heavy characters who love to live in shields and air dodge (snake, olimar, ddd [ my hardest matchups] ) So, if i am playing one of these characters i never use it unless i am going for a over 100% kill. These characters are hard enough to kill, and wasting the fsmash is a crime.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I have been battling internally whether to save fsmash for a 80-100% insta kill or use it to add 20% to them quickly. And i have decided that both work!!!. Usually for the first stock i will use it as the first move, and than when they get to 90% use it. Than, I either spam it and kill with other moves, or only use other moves to refresh it. Frankly, it is the only move that i consciously think of a stale-moves depreciation counter.

But.... be warned, F-smash has the perfect amount of after lag to punish you with ground game heavy characters who love to live in shields and air dodge (snake, olimar, ddd [ my hardest matchups] ) So, if i am playing one of these characters i never use it unless i am going for a over 100% kill. These characters are hard enough to kill, and wasting the fsmash is a crime.
I totally agree with what you said, I do the same thing in my matches.(I fight Dedede all of the time.)

Ripazha

Smash Rookie
I had a dream about Wario's Fsmash.

I dreamed I was standing alone in a sort of office building. I look around, and I see Wario running at me. I feel absolutely no concern at this. However, once he reaches me, he performs his forward smash directly at my jaw. His shoulder was like iron, it was very cold and absolutely solid. It was like being hit with a nine-iron. As he connects, I feel no pain, but I realize my entire head has been skewed (since I can somehow see most of the back of my own neck) and there are pieces of shattered jaw bobbing disconnected in the flesh of my chin. Still, there is no pain, but more a sense of horror that something is terribly wrong with my head. Wario is entirely unphased, and then leaps upwards directly through the ceiling, crashing through it and vanishing. I spend a few seconds staggering about, disoriented, and then I wake up breathing hard.

It's a strong move.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I had a dream about Wario's Fsmash.

I dreamed I was standing alone in a sort of office building. I look around, and I see Wario running at me. I feel absolutely no concern at this. However, once he reaches me, he performs his forward smash directly at my jaw. His shoulder was like iron, it was very cold and absolutely solid. It was like being hit with a nine-iron. As he connects, I feel no pain, but I realize my entire head has been skewed (since I can somehow see most of the back of my own neck) and there are pieces of shattered jaw bobbing disconnected in the flesh of my chin. Still, there is no pain, but more a sense of horror that something is terribly wrong with my head. Wario is entirely unphased, and then leaps upwards directly through the ceiling, crashing through it and vanishing. I spend a few seconds staggering about, disoriented, and then I wake up breathing hard.

It's a strong move.
That's badass.

Rocann

Smash Lord
try dthrowing, then throwing a fsmash in your opponent's direction (they'll probably be trying to get away and it'll miss.) then when you get another dthrow in they might wanna punish instead of running away, expecting another fsmash, obviously they won't straight up attack you because of SA frames so just stand still. if they spot dodge nail them, if they roll behind you nail them, if they attack you they still get hit and wario shrugs it off, and if they run away you got free damage. this move seriously goes hand in hand with all of wario's moveset and dthrow is just the first thing that came to mind. and I've played like 5 games as wario

Popertop

Smash Champion
Fsmash usually only works as a followup to dthrow if you've mixed it up a few times.
The first time they usually get hit by it, but after that they will shield/spotdodge/roll.
So bite or regrab works there.
After they get tired of getting grabbed they will try counterattacking.
:)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fsmash usually only works as a followup to dthrow if you've mixed it up a few times.
The first time they usually get hit by it, but after that they will shield/spotdodge/roll.
So bite or regrab works there.
After they get tired of getting grabbed they will try counterattacking.
:)
Against better players I very often can't land any.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wario's Fsmash is the common KO move. I dont overuse it like spammers do, but with its small Super Armor frame it proves more useful. However, I dont use it much because if I want to KO something I want this move NOT to suffer from the stale moves penalty.
I rather use F-tilt to help rack in damage as well as D-air.
When ready, I start using the Fsmash a bit more, in hopes of KOing the opponent. The Fsmash, however, is not the only KO move I have in mind. Just dont rely on it all the time.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Dair:
Maximum Damage: 17%
First Attack Frame: Frame 9
Landing Lag: 19 Frames
Knockback: KO’s Mario at ~170% (at the center of FD with no DI)

Bread and butter baby!

Seriously, this move basically makes Wario awesome in my opinion. It gives him one of the best/most spammable approaches in the game. Full jump Dair is really great against most characters and has amazingly good range. Also, Wario's air movement lets him approach from angles that are nearly impossible to block with attacks for most characters.

It also sets up very nicely for other attacks such as Uair at early percents. Full jump Dair --> Uair --> Full jump Dair --> Uair is a great combo against larger characters. Also, use this move to crossover shields and Jab/Bite/Grab them from behind.

I think Wario prefers to be spinning around upside down in the air - he probably sleeps like that.

Popertop

Smash Champion

I lost a tourney match because I didn't save fsmash.
I was so naiive >.>
FRIGGIN' DEEDS!

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Dair is amazing. I remember playing Wario at a tournament when it just came out in japan, and even then I knew this was THE move. You guys can even check my impressions guide (that is, if you can find it >_>) It lets him pull off early % combos like nothing. Honestly, he would flat out suck without this move, since he would rely on his fair for approach.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
D-air is one of those moves that help out with racking damage, while helping you prevent your Fsmash from getting the stale moves penalty. Since I usually use the SJ D-air as a common Wario approach, it really helps, especially against larger targets.
By all means this is a great move, even with a bit of stale moves. It might help set up a combo at low percentages. I think this move tops the crazy sound that you hear from the N-air, barely.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Don't forget that attacks that hit multiple times are MUCH better in brawl, because they eat more shield, can shield poke, and can be canceled by landing during their no-knockback frames into other attacks.

This goes into bite really well at low% and is Wario's best approach against grounded opponents.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
This move is awesome you can use for approaching, racking up damage, comboing, and shield stabbing. I love this move.

MC=3

Smash Cadet
Whenever i am losing... i realize i am not down airing enough, and i am fsmashing too much.
Exactly. Down Air can go through just about everything, even though it looks almost as weak as Fox's dair.

Krug

Smash Cadet
D-air is awesome, it stabs shields and racks up damage, making it good in my book.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Can the mods sticky this thread? I really don't want this thread to be deleted or something b/c the frame data is extremely useful.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hey 3GOD. if you don't mind will you edit your synopsis of each move onto the original post? I find that makes for a quick and easy refresher, as well as somewhere to point the newer players.

Top Bottom