• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move suggestions.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Hey guys! I main Sonic in Project M, but I have a few move Suggestions for the PMBR, instead of a spindash/tackle thing as Side-Special, I'd add the Boost from the newer Sonic games, a mix between Wario's Side-Special, Fox Illusion and MK's Side-Special, Sonic is engulfed in a blue, firey aura, and recklessly charges across the stage. It takes a long time to recharge, [like Rob 's laser] but Sonic is invincible while using it. Or, it works like Lucario's aura system, you need combos to recharge it. idk.

P.S. Plz add his wall-jump back!

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Eh, while this topic is here...

Moves that I personally think need to be re-worked:
Jab - Not even close to a useful utility that other characters can claim. Can only really setup good situations if your opponent really fails to react, which after sets against Zhime and Sethlon, is not something that happens against high level opponents.
Ftilt - [see: Giant post in GD]
Side B - Wall-Jump cancel. Allows for deeper edge game and situational recovery option.

Some wishful thinking:
Up-B - 2.5 style. To be frank the sideB buff would be more than enough but the loss of the ability to air dodge is sadly noticeable, especially when compared to the parts of the cast that can act out of their recovery options.
DSmash - woefully weaker and shorter than many comparable DSmashes, but it can catch some spotdodges. Could use a little extra strength.
USmash - [see: not a much older post in GD] But seriously, it was refuted by a PMBR representative, but I'd argue Sonic would find a much better use of his DACUS with a Brawl-styled utilt as his PM USmash.

And to balance things out:
Fair - Weaker flub hit. Stronger sweetspot. Stronger meteor. (Actually suggested to me by my opponents)
FSmash - Weaker elbow hit. Should send up and behind at a ~330* angle. (Always wierds me out to see how powerful this hit is)
FSmash - Lower horizontal trajectory on fist.

Something to note:
SideB - Tends to send Sonic back a small ways before shooting him forward. Often can end up killing off the side when near boundaries despite its momentum cancelling properties.
SpinDashJump - This is more of a 'where is the active hitboxes' question. Sometimes I knock someone up while I'm in this form of the move, other times its just a flashy looking jump. When does the hitbox on this end?

Yeah, looks like a lot, but not all of it is hyper-important. Just some things I think are very important mixed with some things I find would help enhance the character and give him more oomph. Honestly the only truly important goals I care about are ftilt, SideB Walljump cancel, and someone else to look into Sonic's Side-B pushing him out of bounds and killing him when using it near the edge of the boundaries to recover. And here's something I'd like you guys to test for the fun of it...

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest:
GnW styled Up-B. Allow DJ/SideB after spring, do not return spring on hit.

Neptune Shiranui

Shadow Streak~
NNID
Darky_Shiranui
@Solarath Down-smash is strongest at its tip, and his side-b shouldn't send him slightly backwards :/. Also an aesthetic change I would like is give him a taunt where he takes a bite of his chili dog and says "come step it up!". ;). Oh and maybe his Sonic battle fighting stance too hehe.... http://www.tenyten.com/files/maquetacion/images/sonic(1).gif

Last edited:

DX.Kingz

Smash Rookie
I am surely in agreement with the idea of changing Sonic's stance. There are several other options that would prove superior then his current one. Otherwise I have only a few thoughts on Sonic that I am curious as to what others think in regards to them.

Now mind you these are just some thoughts. I am capable of working rather comfortably with Sonic as he is, but there is always room for improvement.

Adding some power: Giving a bit more power to a good deal of his attacks. I personally feel that Sonic should not need to work so hard only for someone to take around 35% after a 6-8 hit combo string. Just imagine all that prediction an quick reaction you used to pull off such a feat...Only for it to show abysmal results. While your opponent needs but half that amount to do just as much if not more damage.

Some ranged help: What I have come to notice is that Sonic has very few options when it comes to ranged battle or safe approaching. Homing attack takes a great deal of start up and is fire walled by platform stages easy, leaving you with no other way to attack safely most of the time. Now as a idea perhaps a completely re-imagined forward smash would be of use here.

Now don't get me wrong, I love how Sonic's wind-up punch has a decent amount of power to it but in terms of Sonic's overall character I find that it is extremely situational, very rarely does one get a chance to safely use this move without punishment (as it needs to wind-up at least once to even be used). To be honest the Sonic boost attack does sound like a idea worth trying in my book.

Help in the defense department: Another thing which is a bit hard to work with as Sonic is the fact near all (an it may indeed be all, I'm not 100% on it yet) Sonic's moves are trade-able. I can not count how many a time I was denied victory all because my opponent hit me with a forward smash, a dash attack, a neutral air, etc at the same time as one of my spin-dashes or my homing attacks. A bit of light or super armor would be a welcome change to a move or two. An if the forward smash is changed to be a bit more like sonic boost and became a rush attack with some armor to it, all the sweeter.

Sorry for the long winded statement, but these are just some thoughts. Yet tell me honestly am I asking to much or being unreasonable?

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
-add something to increase his versatility and or improve his maneuverability (Stylish sonic)
-increase his combo ability (Combo/pressure sonic)
-just a general killing or damage buff which should be very small (Tolerable sonic)

Top Bottom