• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move utilization week #12: u-smash

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
YES.

I was just thinking about that. Hitting with the first part of it, I mean.

Eleven frames isn't too bad, and it would likely be unxepected since who does

Usmash near someone?

Or maybe not?

besides that, Usmash is awesome. Explosives everywhere.....LOL Snake is funny.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
As soon as you knock someone off the stage, dacus to the ledge.

A combination of Mortars, jab and instant ledge grabbing makes it virtually impossible to pass without taking major damage. I also throw a nade near the ledge in the mix and times the ledge invincibility. Nair and Utilt deals with people who think they can just airdodge past.

SNk.

Smash Rookie
that move is just great...
good for edgeguarding and that stuff ^^

my favourite move with it is the Combo i just call it mortar stabbing xDD
Ftilt on 0% and then immediately DACUS to your enemy, you will get a guaranteed hit with the 4% and you have a projectile in the air so your enemy won't approach that fast ^^

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
just adding on:
-the direction the projectile takes is quite random so at least it's not THAT predictable. Think about it, it would suck if they all landed in the same spot in front of you.

-unlike snake's other explosives, these ones don't hurt you :)

-you can make it even more unpredictable by launching several of them at different charges for different heights

-I personally love it when I chain this move with an uair or utilt. don't really know if that's significant lol

pretty sure everything else has been said

edit: 8.5/10

gallax

Smash Hero
i cant explain how much i love using mortars. they are great for edgeguarding as everyone knows. pop a few mortars up near the edge while you FF grab the edge and force your opponent to land high and BAM!!! hit by mortars(i love doing this).

but what i dont see many snake doing is using mortars to SPACE your opponents. your opponent is not going to come in and attack you while there is a mortar above your head(excpetions being those who can space with a sword and get around it or ddd's bair). when a character is trying to attack me from above i simply just pop a mortar up and force them away from me. if they try to airdodge it then im gonna be there with an uair to punish that AD. the only time i wouldnt use mortars is when there are plats around(like BF).

Top Bottom