• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movember Thread

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Each year Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in Australia and around the world, with the sole aim of raising vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and depression in men.

Men sporting Movember moustaches, known as Mo Bros, become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November and through their actions and words raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.

Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo growing efforts. The rules are simple; register online at Movember.com and start the month of Movember clean shaven, before growing a Mo.

Money raised in Australia is shared equally between programs targeting prostate cancer and male depression. Funds are committed to our men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue – the national depression initiative and the Movember Foundation. Together, the three channels work to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world class programs in the fields of research, education, support, and awareness.
Stolen straight off their website awww yeah

http://au.movember.com/about/

So basically this thread is all about Movember, raise money for charity, sponsor people who's doing it and all that, plus it's a fun place to post pic's of your Mo or any awesome ones on the net..Like this

He is so Waluigi..

Plus if anyone wishes to donate to the cause you can on the website, or sponsor someone whos doing it.
People doing Movember:
Martin Brookshaw (Marteh)

Last but not least I have read global rules and believe this thread should be allowed, if you feel this should be closed I'll be happy to battle back about it :p

Yes it's October. HAVE AT ME

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
People who haven't shaved for awhile because they're lazy and it just happens to be Movember: Myself

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I may decide to do this. Pity work may get up me but I'll just have to convince my colleagues to do it too :p

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I grew a beard throughout most of october, shaved it off last night leaving just a mo.. I don't care if it's cheating.

EDIT: also don't care if any women disapprove of it

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
yeh same, i got some stubble going now.

Are we posting pics at the end of movember? OP says anytime but it'd be cool if we all show off our amazing mo's on the 30th november

MTGod

Smash Champion
Or not so amazing ones - **** lack of upper lip facial hair!!!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
People who would participate if they could generate enough testosterone to produce meaningful quantities of facial hair: me.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Redact, collect your shavings and give them to Condog. He can just glue them on on the 29th or something.

Zero

Smash Hero
lol i can't believe i'm doing this

actually it's more like i can't believe i'm actually capable of doing this

Splice

Smash Hero
If you raise like $40 and do some online initiation thing, then you print it and bring it to grilld and you get a little card and you can get a free Grill'd burger a day through Movember.

http://www.grilld.com.au/

grilld said:
"Join the Grill'd Guild and support Movember in their mission to raise vital funds and awareness for men's health.

Members of the Grill'd Guild - the not so secret society of Gentlemen with Moustaches (and their special lady friends), will be entitled to one free burger per day from November 9-18, between 2.00pm and 3.30pm or 8.00pm and 9.30pm. Dine in essential.

Simply register at movember.com.au, raise $40 or more and you'll receive a special Movember email instructing you how to get your hands on our nifty Grill'd Guild Official Membership Card (your ticket to free burgers). "

Top Bottom