• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOVING TO SOCAL FOR GOOD! Looking for a roommate!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
howdy, i'm movin in socal, i'll be heading to washington for vacations and stuff, but for the next few years i'm likely going to stay put right here.

I'm looking at a few apparentment complexes in Riverside, and I'd like to stay in the immediate area... Any smashers I already know looking to move out or something? PSYCHO ******?!?!

Seriously though, I really need a roomie, it'll be to expensive for me alone.

Help me out!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Not living on campus next year at Cal Baptist?

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this would have been perfect since I plan on moving out there too because I'll be attending an art school in SoCal, but unfortunately I'm dead unprepared right now and don't plan to move for a few more months. I hope you find a good roommate though. If you're ever looking for a new roommate in a year I'll most likely be able to help you out. But again, good luck.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
It depends on how much you want to pay. Of course, you could own a 1 bedroom condo for like $600.00 a month (that's with the association fees) or you could rent something like a town-house for about $700.00 a month (but you won't own it). If you're looking for Riverside area, you might want to look into Moreno Valley which is the next city over. Housing there is cheaper. Can you give some specifics on what you're looking for? Like, how many miles from Riverside are you willing to stay? What kind of place are you looking for? How much are you willing to put down and how much are you willing to pay a month? Do you want to own or rent?

petoo0

Smash Ace
$600 a month for a condo is godlike.
Try living in the bay man...for $600 the only thing I could get is like....a closet.
My 1 bedroom right now is $1200. *****.
soory gimpy can't help haha

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
If I end up going to UC Riverside, this might not be a bad idea. If the apartments are close to campus, it might be better/less expensive to rent me one near campus instead of on-campus.

I'll let you know in about 2 months when all my acceptance letters come in and I know whether or not I got into UCSB/UCSD =P.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Go to UCR, we need more smashers here. We have Luigi and Alan, plus the world's cockiest Marth player who self-proclaimed himself the best in the dorms.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
you'd be living like 15 minutes from me so invite me over >[

btw I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do this Gimpy, family is having some financial issues

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i think someone already mentioned moreno valley, and yeah, housign is cheaper over there/expansion of housing and everything. It's like a 15 minute drive to riverside i think anyway.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm renting an apartment at $370 a month with two other guys.

- 1 bedroom 1 den
- 1 bathroom
- Everything but electricity/internets paid for.

The majority of the people in this thread saw what it looked like when I had my smashfest.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The den is basically another room, so its 1 room for 2 people + 1 room for one person.

Houkatori

Smash Rookie
Man, I would kill to only pay $600/mo for my own place. Orange County is ridiculous with the rent. Good luck with finding a place though! I just moved and it's the most hateful thing in the world.

pockyD

Smash Legend
The den is basically another room, so its 1 room for 2 people + 1 room for one person.
living in the den is no better -_-

the main issue isn't a lack of space (you're already much better off than college dorms obviously), it's a lack of privacy

Knivez

Smash Ace
WOW STFU Edrees. You're not knivez and you will never be. There is no eloquence in your words.

NEAL SUCKS.

JTG is a copyrighted trademark of knives(z)/marth/fox pro 2007-2009.

And with Slifer the executive producer, obelisk the tormentor, and super mega ultra chicken on my side, i will be the greatest dueler in the history of childrens' card games.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Think about how famous you would be if you were Gimpy's roommate.

Top Bottom