• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Mr. Fuji's Journal - Moveset Thread - Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
So, IDK if anyone had noticed but 1.0.8 actually fixed something that I hadn't noticed. Shadow Ball doesn't die on platforms anymore. It was like a huge thing I hated because Shadow Ball would always die in most platform stages. It's funny I hadn't even noticed yet it's something that happens every game.
Hahaha. That is good!

Browny

Smash Hater
Thats extremely useful info. Shadowball just got even better.

That means if someone is on a platform and you throw it so it goes through the platform theres a good chance it will shieldstab their feet, even from a near full shield!

This was very powerful with Aura sphere in brawl so it should do well here too.

---

http://gfycat.com/GiganticClutteredIndianpalmsquirrel

IT'S BACK YOU GUISE. When an enemy is landing on a platform, they cant airdodge through the platform which means they are a sitting duck to the shield-stabbing shadowball. It wont work on a 100% full shield but even just a small drop in its size will let it shield stab.

Do not underestimate this move. It is absolutely certain to generate large amounts of anger in your opponent and that's how you beat them, by getting them mad and flustered at the game.

When they complain about shielding that, be sure to taunt them at much as possible about not adapting to the meta or some nonsense.

Last edited:

Alses

Smash Apprentice
When Mewtwo Teleports, at the end of the Teleport he has a "twirl" animation. When Mewtwo's Teleport ends in the air he also has this twirl animation and then when he lands he gets ANOTHER landing animation (double lag). This is why teleporting in the air on top of the stage is mostly always a bad idea.

It is possible to Teleport at a range where Mewtwo is still in the air but his twirling animation makes him land, this will cancel the twirling animation and initiate the landing animation. The landing animation is shorter than the twirling animation, it also allows Mewtwo to "slide" briefly.

It is possible to Teleport at a distance where the twirling animation is not even seen (cancels frame 1 by the landing animation), if you are able to do this then you will have less lag. This is kind of hard to do consistently though and the lag is still there (it's just a little bit less), it mostly happens when you teleport perfectly above the ground or teleport in a perfect diagonal.

So to answer your question: Yes, there are ways to have less landing lag when teleporting into the ground (although it's slightly less lag), it's a distance/angle relation that I honestly don't know that well.
Funnily enough this is the only place where I've seen people mention this, I thought it was an unknown method of baiting grabs (which on most characters are not fast enough to catch up to Mewtwo's slide). I've been practicing it and saved a replay of a training session:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Funnily enough this is the only place where I've seen people mention this, I thought it was an unknown method of baiting grabs (which on most characters are not fast enough to catch up to Mewtwo's slide). I've been practicing it and saved a replay of a training session:
Less rolling, more air dodging.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So... bair. This move has such a big, disjointed hitbox that extends over Mewtwo that you challenge almost every aerial you can think of with good timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom