• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. G&W vs Spammers in general. (Match Ups Discussion)

Dertolo

Smash Rookie
Hey g&w mains! Can you help me with this? My problem is how to play vs a competitive Projectile spammer character. For example ROB, Duck Hunt Duo and Villager. I cannot figure out how to approach them.
Thanks you :)

:4rob::4duckhunt::4villager:

Last edited:

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
ROB is easy. Bucket lasers. Down tilt or shield gryro. Villager idk. And Duck hunt... look for openings i guess?

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
:4rob: R.O.B can't really zone you out, you can cancel out both his zoning options, you can bucket his lasers with some good reflexes, sometimes people have a certain line you cross where they shoot certain things, if you enter this rob's personal space, he will try and shoot you out, Try to make the correct read and bucket his lasers, It will come in handy a lot, it's a stock on rage, so save it until you are around 80 or 90% damage.

You can downtlit his Gyros, G&W can downtlit any kind of item based move, like Pac-Man's fruits, if you see rob preparing or shooting a gyro, make sure you downtlit at the right time, there's a good chance you'll knock up so high, it won't come down for awhile, (5/7 seconds), so he can't really spam it either for those seconds, giving you a good chance to get in and attack.

:4duckhunt: you can crouch under some of his stuff, like his Down B, and Side B, you can downtlit his can of beans, but I don't personally do this, I just short hop over a lot of his stuff, or perfect shield them, Bacon comes in handy if the DuckHunt likes to camp, he can't really jump over you, and rolling won't be very wise, you could read the rolls. so try to jump over most of his zoning, bait an aerial and go for a grab follow up combo.

:4villager: He's kind of annoying, but I never really had problems getting in on this character, you can Bucket his loids, (yep, you really can), but you need to bucket the explosion, wait for the loid to lose it's momentum and speed, and right when it stops, go for a bucket, the explosion fills up the bucket with 2 bars, if the Villager is bold enough, and shoot a second loid, and you bucket it, it's a guarantee stock, it doesn't matter if you're on rage or not, this bucket will kill the Villager, so be sure if the Villager is spamming loids, Bucket them. it can really help you in the long run.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
You can bucket clay shot if you jump over it and it shoots directly in the bucket kinda hard to land tho

I didn't know about the Loyd rocket I'll need to try that it seems op haha

Dertolo

Smash Rookie
:4rob: R.O.B can't really zone you out, you can cancel out both his zoning options, you can bucket his lasers with some good reflexes, sometimes people have a certain line you cross where they shoot certain things, if you enter this rob's personal space, he will try and shoot you out, Try to make the correct read and bucket his lasers, It will come in handy a lot, it's a stock on rage, so save it until you are around 80 or 90% damage.

You can downtlit his Gyros, G&W can downtlit any kind of item based move, like Pac-Man's fruits, if you see rob preparing or shooting a gyro, make sure you downtlit at the right time, there's a good chance you'll knock up so high, it won't come down for awhile, (5/7 seconds), so he can't really spam it either for those seconds, giving you a good chance to get in and attack.

:4duckhunt: you can crouch under some of his stuff, like his Down B, and Side B, you can downtlit his can of beans, but I don't personally do this, I just short hop over a lot of his stuff, or perfect shield them, Bacon comes in handy if the DuckHunt likes to camp, he can't really jump over you, and rolling won't be very wise, you could read the rolls. so try to jump over most of his zoning, bait an aerial and go for a grab follow up combo.

:4villager: He's kind of annoying, but I never really had problems getting in on this character, you can Bucket his loids, (yep, you really can), but you need to bucket the explosion, wait for the loid to lose it's momentum and speed, and right when it stops, go for a bucket, the explosion fills up the bucket with 2 bars, if the Villager is bold enough, and shoot a second loid, and you bucket it, it's a guarantee stock, it doesn't matter if you're on rage or not, this bucket will kill the Villager, so be sure if the Villager is spamming loids, Bucket them. it can really help you in the long run.
Yes! the Dtilt works a lot. Thank you so much.

Sixell

Smash Cadet
Just some more input on ROB, they usually opt for laser>gyro or gyro>laser at the start of each match so just prep your bucket. Only aerial gyros can reach you at the start of a match. Also, since gyro disappears on shield, it's generally best to shield it so the hitbox isn't in play. And as a general tip, some items can be caught when they bounce off shield (including someone else's). You can go from shield to to item catch by jumping and pressing grab immediately OoS. You can't really do it for those 3, but you can for some other characters like Link, Diddy, and Pacman.

Top Bottom