• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, I know he got some nerf (which I seem to still find him ok for my tastes, but again, bever played brawl like I play ssb4 now) and I know it can be a little annoying to get a ko, but for glory down b...wow they really don't know what it does.

I was a bfd platform away of a dark pit when I know he will use an arrow so I down b, he fires twice, wait 3 seconds and fire a third time...he lost his stock the second after and no try to dodge it.

Another time, was fighting a spammy megaman , but this one was even spamming charge shot, I think I got 5 full bucket in the match, was bad at aiming some, but the win was easy because some hit hard.

Is it sad that the fact I love so much down b is because people don't know what it does?

I'm serious, we should consider this as part of mindgame to not tell what it does :)

I imagine the reaction...

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Ok, I know he got some nerf (which I seem to still find him ok for my tastes, but again, bever played brawl like I play ssb4 now) and I know it can be a little annoying to get a ko, but for glory down b...wow they really don't know what it does.

I was a bfd platform away of a dark pit when I know he will use an arrow so I down b, he fires twice, wait 3 seconds and fire a third time...he lost his stock the second after and no try to dodge it.

Another time, was fighting a spammy megaman , but this one was even spamming charge shot, I think I got 5 full bucket in the match, was bad at aiming some, but the win was easy because some hit hard.

Is it sad that the fact I love so much down b is because people don't know what it does?

I'm serious, we should consider this as part of mindgame to not tell what it does :)

I imagine the reaction...
Down+B got a huge buff and can catch almost anything now. You should read my post in the Propaganda thread. I cover some of the things Oil Panic can now absorb.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Just a question from a secondary, can oil panic absorb some non-energy based projectiles now? (Could it always do that? :))

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Down+B got a huge buff and can catch almost anything now. You should read my post in the Propaganda thread. I cover some of the things Oil Panic can now absorb.
I think Ness's PSI Magnet got the same buffs, I absorbed Crash Bomber's explosion with it.

Maybe it's a general absorption buff?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Sorry I haven't been here in a while, I musta skipped a notification. Anyways, glad to see G&W officially confirmed. Really like his HD model, except (for me) his head seems a bit too big. But it's not like that matters, I look forward to making him my secondary as he was in Brawl, with R.O.B. in front of him as my main.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
On the first post of the Patch 1.03 findings thread it seems to imply that G&W is OP and has a OHKO setup. I haven't really heard anything about him being OP here (quite the contrary in fact), what is all that about? Is it his dthrow into 9hammer? I'd appreciate a little OPness in my G&W play...

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Probably people referring to the improved Bucket strats in teams

Bucket has been buffed and now instafills depending on the power of the attack which makes Pika+GW a super power and easy team to use.

Edit: BUCKET ABSORBS EXPLOSIONS NOW?

Tight.

That move got one of the most significant buffs i've seen in the whole series, really awesome

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
You can use it as a punish against practically anything at close range, as it's one of the fastest, if not the fastest attack in the game.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I downloaded the 1.0.3 patch and G&W plays exactly the same: can still insta-bucket almost everything and KO someone with it.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Does anyone know how to unlock voices? Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-Man and Duck Hunt are a few of several I have missing.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
There are "no voices" for those characters, yet ROB has one?
From what I've heard, R.O.B.'s "voice" is made up of NES related sounds. Though, this may have been changed, because this info. is from Brawl. Mr. Game and Watch...I'm not exactly sure how he got his "voice" (aka the beeps he makes).

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
From what I've heard, R.O.B.'s "voice" is made up of NES related sounds. Though, this may have been changed, because this info. is from Brawl. Mr. Game and Watch...I'm not exactly sure how he got his "voice" (aka the beeps he makes).
his beeps come from sounds produced by the piezoelectric speaker Game & Watches had. As for how he creates these sounds, I have no clue. I don't even know how he manages to exist in a 3D world (including his ability to move along the Z plane (as he does when entering a door in SSE or Smash Run), which for him should be impossible). What keeps him from falling over if there is no third dimension anchoring him?

Last edited:

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
So I recently started playing smash 4. I don't own a 3ds but I borrow my friends' for tournaments. I've played the game a total of 4 times. twice in tournament and twice at my friends house. I've done VERY well at one of those tournaments because I found my main: Game and Watch. Now I don't plan on getting too much into smash 3ds, but it will help me prepare for smash wii U. I'd like to just share what I've observed and learned so far. For one, I can't play ANY of my brawl mains (Pikachu can't jump out of QAC, Falco is just butchered up, and MK is new MK...nerfed), so I tried out one of my old brawl mains and what do you know he's awesome! I quickly found out that D-throw doesn't put you on the ground anymore so you can techchase or Dthrow. Instead it puts you a little in the air and you can get a Nair>UpB. The ability to pivot Ftilt/Fsmash gives him some more options too! The only problem I really have as G&W is killing. I know he's G&W and he has all the kill power in the world, but I for the life of me can't seem to get some kills in this game due to the fact that rolling is buffed in this game and fools are rolling all over the place so I can only punish with run behind pivot grab, dash attack, and Bair. Just wanted to share that :)

FrameImperfect

Smash Cadet
NNID
3x3=?
3DS FC
0044-2904-0617
his beeps come from sounds produced by the piezoelectric speaker Game & Watches had. As for how he creates these sounds, I have no clue. I don't even know how he manages to exist in a 3D world (including his ability to move along the Z plane (as he does when entering a door in SSE or Smash Run), which for him should be impossible). What keeps him from falling over if there is no third dimension anchoring him?
I believe GnW is some kind of wizard. He uses magic to support him despite being flat

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think that G&W will get a new stage in the Wii U version? It was kind of sad that they re-used Flat Zone 2 on the 3DS.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Do you guys think that G&W will get a new stage in the Wii U version? It was kind of sad that they re-used Flat Zone 2 on the 3DS.
I think that there will be a "Flat Zone 3" for Wii U or some other G&W related stage that is new. There has been in the past two iterations of Smash, I think the pattern will remain.

Azekahh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Azekahh
The only problem I really have as G&W is killing. I know he's G&W and he has all the kill power in the world, but I for the life of me can't seem to get some kills in this game due to the fact that rolling is buffed in this game and fools are rolling all over the place so I can only punish with run behind pivot grab, dash attack, and Bair. Just wanted to share that :)
Rolling can be a problem, but one of G&W best moves in this iteration is his dash attack, he covers a very good distance. So a good thing to keep in mind is the actual length of his dash attack, it can help you catch people who are roll-happy and push them off the stage. Another good move, although hard to punish with, is his fair, you can sweetspot it and it sends people pretty far, but it's best to use it if they're already off the stage, it'll give them the extra push they need to knock 'em out.

Azekahh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Azekahh
Shaya is right, I'm actually really surprised at how much G&W's Up-B goes through. One of my buddies is a Kirby main and I'm able to punish him 90% of the time he uses his Down-B, it's got enough vertical distance to get to him before he actually transforms. The trampoline is also just really good for comboing into a fair if they're at a bit higher percents. If you keep the 'chute out you can float on down until they're in front of you, and hit them midair to send them offscreen... it's just a really good move in this game.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Game and Watch's Up-B already had an ass load of invincibility on it in brawl (with like one frame in the middle of it that didn't lol). It's harder than trying to punish Marth during his Up-B it's just impossible. So it's not just this game

Regi_King

Smash Rookie
NNID
RegiShikimi
I agree with Shaya there. I've been playing G&W a lot lately and I've been "disrespecting" Rosalumas everywhere (both in Nintendodojo and For Glory). It might be because I know how Rosaluma plays or all the reasons Shaya said.

And now realizing, I don't up+b much with him... I'm still getting used to him since I still play "Brawl G&W" in Smash 4...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I've decided to make Game and Watch my secondary once again. Any sort of guides around for him yet? Despite his overall KO power nerf, he seems faster overall. Particularly liking his dash attack and chair, both feel faster. Turtle still for days.

Also heavy trampoline is fine stuff. Still weary about the best times to use bacon though aside from the edge...and what customs are best for it.

Also, is hyperbolic judge worth it? Seems pretty awesome to me. [But I haven't unlocked it...]

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The Hyperbolic Judge seems to have an approximately 1 in 4 chance of producing a 9, which is barely any weaker then the standard version (KOs in the 30-40% range on most characters). The 1 also has hitstun on it, meaning you can't be punished on a successful hit.

It seems very viable, but you'll dealing yourself tons of self damage. Then again, with how easy it is to get 9s, it's probably worth it. It honestly seems like one of the few customs that could be considered potentially ban worthy.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
hey guys, i'm new to these forums but i've been playing smash bros since the original so i would say i'm a fairly competent player.

i've always used :4link: as my main but i want to kind of branch out in this game and have 3 regulars overall.
i have :4link: and :4tlink: - i count them as one (even though in some ways they are different)
i now have :4gaw: too - this is my first game to play as him; i was just wondering if any expereinced G&W players had any advice for me?

P.S: i'm still looking for my third regular - i'm thinking between :4bowser:,:4ganondorf:,:4lucario:,:4luigi:,:4metaknight:,:4samus: or:4zelda:
i can play with them all relitavely well.
bear in mind i want to be quite diverse so if i can't beat somebody with a swordsman like link, maybe i could change to a different styled character if that makes sense?

thanks for any help you can offer guys - this is my first SSB forum experience so forgive how noobish i sound...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
hey guys, i'm new to these forums but i've been playing smash bros since the original so i would say i'm a fairly competent player.

i've always used :4link: as my main but i want to kind of branch out in this game and have 3 regulars overall.
i have :4link: and :4tlink: - i count them as one (even though in some ways they are different)
i now have :4gaw: too - this is my first game to play as him; i was just wondering if any expereinced G&W players had any advice for me?

P.S: i'm still looking for my third regular - i'm thinking between :4bowser:,:4ganondorf:,:4lucario:,:4luigi:,:4metaknight:,:4samus: or:4zelda:
i can play with them all relitavely well.
bear in mind i want to be quite diverse so if i can't beat somebody with a swordsman like link, maybe i could change to a different styled character if that makes sense?

thanks for any help you can offer guys - this is my first SSB forum experience so forgive how noobish i sound...
Ah no problem. I've found that the back-aerial is a great mid-air killer move, but mind you I haven't played SSB4 yet, so all the info. that I will give COULD be outdated. Anyways, G&W also has some priority to keep opponents close, as his moves (other than his up special and neutral special) don't have much range. This stuff is also coming from a casual player, so if you want pro tips I suggest asking the others in this thread.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Ah no problem. I've found that the back-aerial is a great mid-air killer move, but mind you I haven't played SSB4 yet, so all the info. that I will give COULD be outdated. Anyways, G&W also has some priority to keep opponents close, as his moves (other than his up special and neutral special) don't have much range. This stuff is also coming from a casual player, so if you want pro tips I suggest asking the others in this thread.
yeah i definitely like to keep the opponents close; his limited range can be frustrating, although it's nice to punish some rollers with a well timed vermin (down smash) since that hits both sides and has nice reach.

no worries, anybody that can or wants to offer me advice is free to do so - i'm new with G&W so almost everybody in this thread will be somebody i can learn from :)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Flat Zone 2 is on Wii U.
YUSH!

Also, through a Gamexplain video, I've found G&W's alias on the Punch-Out stage. He's simply known as "Master of Two Dimensions".

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
"R.O.B.: The Last Of His Kind"
...Wow.

EDIT: In the comments: "Dr. Mario, Dark Pit & Lucina: CTRL+C, CTRL+V". And people seem upset about Mega Man's title.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
"R.O.B.: The Last Of His Kind"
...Wow.

EDIT: In the comments: "Dr. Mario, Dark Pit & Lucina: CTRL+C, CTRL+V". And people seem upset about Mega Man's title.
I know. Thinking about R.O.B.'s alias...I feel kinda bad for him (though it's a nice nod to the SSE). But back on topic, I think G&W's alias fits the bill. I mean what else could you really call him?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I know. Thinking about R.O.B.'s alias...I feel kinda bad for him (though it's a nice nod to the SSE). But back on topic, I think G&W's alias fits the bill. I mean what else could you really call him?
There's another (actually several) in Pit's smash taunt.
Pit: [looking at Mr. Game & Watch] Hey, it's a Shadow Bug!
Palutena: No, that's just Mr. Game & Watch...

I'm starting to think that in the Smash universe, SSE is canon.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Retro Pocket: The DSiWare homage to Game & Watch that completely misses the mark. Why are there sound effects and voice clips. and most of all, why are there that many variations of Egg?

I'm so glad that I haven't actually BOUGHT it.

Top Bottom