• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

Furret24

Smash Master
Generally.
- Killing
- Low weight and falling speed result in dying very early
- Almost complete lack of safety on shield
- Bad projectile
- Terrible neutral

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure other people here will give you a better answer.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
Just of the top of my head:

- Low weight that can be a blessing for getting out of strings but also means dying to some stupid ish on stages with close blast zones.
- Killing power onstage. Lots of gimping tools but Usmash is the only move that's reliable with respect to percentage onstage (Uair is harder to connect the second kill hit).

And Furret covered all that. The neutral/lack of any safe OS approach options on a lot of the cast is a huge problem. Adjusting for a late dash attack so you can catch the very last frames of the hitbox easier and go right into jab is about the only approach I use frequently.

Folie

Smash Apprentice
It still blows my mind when I see someone call bacon bad.
well I mean when you consider things like 50 FAF for one piece of bacon, the fact the projectiles are slow as hell and travel at a weird angle which means it's not gonna hit anyone on the ground who isn't an idiot, it's hard to call it anything more than mediocre compared to other projectiles. On paper it seems like it'd be good for controlling space and forcing low recoveries (though recovering high against g&w is kind of a bad idea with or without bacon), but I've been trying but I haven't gotten it to work on anyone but bad players who make bad choices like airdodging through bacon right into g&w and I haven't seen it work on anyone but bad players and bad characters we didn't really need bacon to beat anyways. And dedede.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Idk if placebo but I had G&W's UNCHARGED smashes kill a CPU Mario on 3DS training mode FD with no DI:

Dsmash sweetspot: 103%

Near ledge near spawn point sweetspot fsmash: 90% !!!!!

Up smash: 101%

Please note that this was done on the 3DS, not on the Wii U.

Folie

Smash Apprentice
like last patch, @Keep2D already tested everything by compairing the previous patch to the current one using a wii u and 3ds, accounted for the differences, and we're confirmed for no significant changes

not a huge surprise at this point. no nerfs is good at least

Last edited:

Muhawk

Smash Rookie
like last patch, @Keep2D already tested everything by compairing the previous patch to the current one using a wii u and 3ds, accounted for the differences, and we're confirmed for no significant changes

not a huge surprise at this point. no nerfs is good at least
Thats good, I was worried because of the plumbers up smash maybe we received the same treatment

BBC7

Smash Ace

I was on Nairo's stream today when he was showing off Bayonetta on For Glory, today was my first day playing Smash 4 in a long time so I thought it was interesting that I performed better than I thought I would considering I never thought highly of my G&W.

http://www.twitch.tv/nairomk/v/40525528 07:33:07 to watch me get rekt, btw I was half-asleep when I got F-Throw'd, you'll know which F-Throw I'm talking about

Last edited:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
TO BE DEVELOPPED
Game&Watch can dthrow footstool, i've done it a bunch of times after i messed with dthrow footstool with doc.
I was like " what if g&w can do it too? "
sadly it seems we don't get much out of it. If we had any move for jab lock, that'd be nice.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
TO BE DEVELOPPED
Game&Watch can dthrow footstool, i've done it a bunch of times after i messed with dthrow footstool with doc.
sadly it seems we don't get much out of it. If we had any move for jab lock, that'd be nice.
I played around with that in training mode a bit a few weeks ago. The bigger problem is that we fall so slowly that I don't think we can get any followups aside from, like, DAir. Weak FAir actually locks but I've only ever gotten it to connect properly on Jigglypuff (so who cares)?

If you have better success let me know, I'm curious.

Last edited:

Folie

Smash Apprentice
Placed into the money at a monthly tonight, my 2 day old sheik helped me win a set against a PR'd player (beat his yoshi with sheik, beat his mario with g&w). Sheik is dumb.

TO BE DEVELOPPED
yeah Youbacon42 Youbacon42 already experimented with it a bunch there's not much universally useful stuff that can come out of it

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I want to main G&W can you please take me in i know nothing...

I main Ganon & DDD and i want G&W to be my 3rd or to replace Someone.

Teach me?

Furret24

Smash Master
I want to main G&W can you please take me in i know nothing...

I main Ganon & DDD and i want G&W to be my 3rd or to replace Someone.

Teach me?
This Game and Watch forum is kinda dead. I'd recommend joining their Discord and/or Skype group.

:162:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
For those curious about the games each of his moves come from:

Jab: Greenhouse (bug spray)
Dash attack: Helmet
FTilt: Lion
UTilt: Flagman
DTilt: Manhole
FSmash: Fire Panic (torch)
Usmash: Octopus
DSmash: Vermin
Throws: Ball
NAir: Tropical Fish
FAir: Mario Bros. (box)
BAir: Turtle Bridge
UAir: Spitball Sparky
DAir: Donkey Kong Jr.
Final Smash: Octopus

Don't remember offhand if the bell comes from anything specific. The sound is the alarm function Game & Watch devices had though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not dying out. I avidly play G-dubs as a secondary in tournament and still believe he can make an impact on the meta.

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
Nah, i'm not dead, no worries.
Just that it's not active in here and i'd like it to be active cauz you know, it's Smashboards.
**** Discord tbh.

Wicket

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
G&W is waaayyyyy underrated in the current meta. He might not be as good when u look at the stats, but his meta game abilities are top notch. It's why some people think he is a troll.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
I got bopped at Super Bit Wars. I don't think I've played so poorly with G&W in a long time. I ended up having to switch to Cloud just to make it competitive because I didn't really know what to do against Corrin.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
image.jpeg

My new Amiibo collection has expanded with the additions of gray and white R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt! I also ordered a Ness Amiibo online today, so all I have left is to wait for red and white R.O.B.!

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to 3d print new poses for game and watch! Up tilt f smash f tilt maybe up smash toon! I need them all!!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Someone needs to 3d print new poses for game and watch! Up tilt f smash f tilt maybe up smash toon! I need them all!!
I'm always going to display G&W's official artwork on my Amiibo, but in all honesty all I really needed besides that was the 9 hammer. Bell is pretty cool though, while Parachute is meh, bonus.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying someone in the community should make them and sell them on etsty!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Are there any good guides or videos about G&W? Just trying to learn about this character.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
So I got the double up b glitch again, this time I went for bair bair up b off stage, as I was floating down I used up air and it let me up b again anyone know why this happens sometimes? Second time I did this I wish I could recreate it

Youbacon42

Smash Cadet
Are there any good guides or videos about G&W? Just trying to learn about this character.
Ello! Sorry for this very delayed answer, guess this proves that the G&W boards is pretty much dead lol.
Sadly however, there are no real G&W guides, and one could argue how to play his neutral because he practically has none. If you still are interested in learning this character, I'd like to invite you to the G&W Skype group. You can pose any specific question you have there and we'd be glad to answer you. You can also join the G&W Discord as well, but it's not as active as the skype group from my experience.
If however you don't want to join any of those, I suggest you watching sets of notable G&W mains, like Regi, SeanS, Songun or Kossismoss. You can learn a lot from merely watching their play!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey everyone, bit of a late notice but I'm hosting a tournament tomorrow from 2:00-3:30 pm EST time. I'll post the password around 30 minutes before it starts. Here's the info. and rules.

Tourney Name: RnW's Tourney #2
Up to 100 participants. So enter the password quickly!!!
The winner will be the participant with the most POINTS, not most wins.
Time limit per match: 10 minutes.
3 Stocks each match.
You get to select a preferred stage.
The Smash Ball is the only item on, and is on the "high" likelihood of appearing.
Mii Fighters are allowed.
Custom Fighters are NOT allowed.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Top Bottom