• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU Chart 3

C.J.

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I’m C.J. and will be leading your character’s panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3 (shocking, right?) This is the thread you get to suggest people to me (although I'm pretty sure I already know who the panel is, but I'm very open to arguments/other PoV) for the panel and where I'll keep you updated on what's going on.

The current panelists for this panel are:
Me
Clow
Raz

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

This next part is a Marth-only panel thing:
Given the negative feedback I saw the Marth panel get last time around, I reserve the right to ask people on the panel to not participate in specific MU discussions if I feel that they have limited experience in that MU or if their participation in that discussion would cause problems due to conflicting personalities with the other character panel, general hostility towards someone, etc. My goal is to keep everything as civil as possible so that everything stays nice and helpful.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this panel or its activities, feel free to post them in this thread. You may also PM me or Ish if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

So yeah, ask away/present cases for you to be admitted!

reslived

Smash Apprentice
As part of this project will there be new match-up discussion threads for each character? or will decisions be solely left to the panel? I kinda wanna watch how match-up percentages get decided... cuz im not good enough to participate lol.

C.J.

Smash Master
Can't respond yet. I can't figure out how to pronounce your name.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
Seriously, that guy is such a jerk. Lazy and dumb too.

oh wait.

Nah, I could have sworn I responded to this on Saturday. My bad.

The re-discussions of the MUs that a panel disagrees with the current rating on will happen in a private subforum. Or user group. Or something, they're working on where atm. However, when the new chart is released write-ups of the MUs that are being changed will (should) be released alongside it. In addition to that, you're free to ask questions about anything and, as long as I'm allowed to, I'll talk about anything that happens, even if it's just my personal opinion on something.

@Chair- Clow and Raz both come from regions where they're likely to have excessive exp in specific MUs (Wolf, Wario, Pit, etc). Ramin doesn't want to be in the actual panel but will be communicating w/ me outside of it. Ditto MikeHaze. If you're under the impression that inexperience w/ a particular MU or something of the sort may cause one of them to be unable to contribute meaningfully, that's a non-issue. All members of the Marth panel were told that I reserve the right to ask them to bow out of any given MU discussion if I feel it's getting less civil, they're raging, etc etc. I don't plan on letting the backlash that came last time (stubbornness, the Marth panel getting "special treatment" in that we apparently "won" most of the discussions that couldn't be resolved between the two panels, etc).

Right now, the only people who have expressed interest are myself, Clow, Raz, and Nike.

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm bored, and since it's allowed, everyone post what you think should happen to our MUs!

Don't post arguments/reasoning/etc because it doesn't matter and all discussion is supposed to happen in private. But I welcome everyone, panel or not, to post your opinions of Marth's MUs!

Current:
:marth:
-1: :dedede: :diddy: :metaknight:
0: :dk2: :popo: :pikachu2: :rob: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus:
1: :falco: :fox: :ike: :kirby2: :lucario: :olimar: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :sheilda: :snake: :sonic: :toonlink: :yoshi2:
2: :bowser2: :falcon: :gw: :link2: :luigi2: :mario2: :samus2: :wario:
3: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :lucas: :ness2: :pt: :zelda:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nike's list resembles mine... really closely.
All I did was list every close +1 as even

Just depends on your point of view of how MU's should be evaluated, but I welcome the change at this point. Lowers expectations and pressure.

C.J.

Smash Master
I mean, realistically that's what you should do. In theory, Marth wins those borderline things, but in practice the margin of error we have vs the punishes they get for us being off at all is way too unbalanced for it to be consistently viewed as us coming out ahead. As a result, the reality is that the MUs are a lot closer to even than +1

C.J.

Smash Master
Results back up Pika 100%
The punishes pika gets on you and the positional advantage he gains vs how precise you have to be to avoid it is really lopsided. In theory Marth just wins, but in practice it's much closer to even than it is +1

Fox... that's weird and complicated and I'm not getting into it now.

Sonic it's really good at punishing approaches/having to commit to approaches vs never having to commit to anything ever under any circumstance

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I don't wanna argue my point bc things like this don't matter to me but I just thought I'd say i do not agree with some of those mus. especially pikachu and fox those being even are
silly.

Nike I respect you as a player you're stronger than me but I really just think that atleast two of those players are just better than you.

reslived

Smash Apprentice
I have some experience with Marth v Fox. Proper spacing gives you a dominant advantage. When Fox gets in he punishes you hard, but IMO it takes a bad mistake for you to lose that badly. +1 makes sense

C.J.

Smash Master
Messages have been sent to panelists for them to apply to the user group for the match up chart. The current cycle is the panelists deciding which match ups they want to change and supplying reasons for why. The current plan is for the actual rediscussion of matchups to begin shortly after the completion of Apex.

based off of conversations I have had with other panels and looking at who is on the Marth panel, expect a lot of even matchups coming from this.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Dear Marth panel,

pls refrain from discussing wario again, just because the panelists have the technical precision of a 5-year old doesnt mean that wario is supposed to be able to get in

shots fired

At least this time if you have LEGITIMATE REASONS to assume its anything worse than +2 note them down instead of doing what you guys did last time and come up with the worst reasonings in the world ever. Then I have to write a big wall of text and you guys finally give up because you didn't really have much of a case in the first place. Save me that effort.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely yours,

Chair

clowsui

Smash Legend
jtlyk chair we're consciously trying to avoid what happened last time

your salt is understandable, but yeah lol

Top Bottom