• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU discussion: SHEIK

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I am contributing to the thread. I'm correcting you, since you quite clearly havn't seen a Samus who can actually space a zair.
Online Cherry doesn't count

Everything that has needed to be said has basically been said already, I was simply correcting your post because it was heavily misinformed. Cherry summed up the MU perfectly, so me writing a two thousand or so word write up would simply be defeating the purpose.

If you want something to call me on, then i'll say this: Samus beats Sheik on BF.
Online I can maybe hit sheik 60-70% of the time when she's crouched, with a z air. Offline it's more like 95%-100%. The zair hitbox is huge, and samus players have mainly started to zair at times that even if a Jiggz crouched, our zair would hit them regardless. It is less punishable that way, and we very much like not to get punished.

Annnd lets simmer down :) KJ, please no more posts like that Budday! yes you were correcting him, and I guess that kinda helped a bit :S but it seemed rude because of what else you said :p

Samus mains don't actually exist/go to tournies so not my problem and i've watched Xyro plenty of times, just have never seen the zair used against a crouching Sheik. So lol whatever bruh.
That's a common misconception. We go to tournies, we just don't place that well.

Online I can maybe hit sheik 60-70% of the time when she's crouched, with a z air. Offline it's more like 95%-100%.
If you could, then he wouldn't have said something like that since you have played him, right? Assuming you hit a single zair on him while he crouched (that is, if he crouched at all).

Annnd lets simmer down :) KJ, please no more posts like that Budday! yes you were correcting him, and I guess that kinda helped a bit :S but it seemed rude because of what else you said :p
My post was quite rude, but it got my point across.

I had to g eat, we didn't play too much :p
Fair deuce.

Anyway, I'll post this little bit here:

Battlefield vs Sheik.

Coming into the battle, Sheik has a few options here. She can charge her needles but risk getting missiles launched at her or have us charge our shot then shield any needles she shoots, so she wants to go on the aggressive. Well spaced fairs/nairs/grabs will make his quite tedious to get in on Sheik. She can pressure us under the platforms absolutely brilliantly thanks to her sublime tilt game. Ftilt and utilt mix ups REALLY hurt us, wracking up at least 40% and then she gets an opportunity to mix up. Since utilt hits us on the lower platforms, so effectivly, Sheik can remain unpunished UNLESS she hits our shield, in which case, she's now ours. Wait for Sheik to attack your shield then UpB OoS her, provided you're not predictable with this, she won't be able to SDI in time. She we can begin to apply our famed platform pressure. Utilt her above the platforms, full hop uairs and short hop uairs do wonders here since Sheik's shield is horrific (her feet show even with a full shield, so expect the Sheik to angle it downwards). When she's above you, there's no reason you shouldn't be getting at least 30% in strings. Sheik has her nair OoS, she attacking her shield must have you playing cautiously. One single mistake against Sheik and you are eating some SERIOUS percentage.

Now onto killing, on BF we really should be looking to kill Sheik with dtilt. I've nicknamed her paper, simply because she dies FAR too early for her actual character model but w/e. Dtilt works wonders on her if she hits our shield with a badly spaced aerial. She gets launched and will die around 130ish.

Top Bottom