• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-shine Help

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I've been working on my multi-shine recently and I finally got to the point where I can do two consecutively, but that's it. Can anyone help to explain the timing for doing 3 or more shines in a row?

Also, I hold the controller with a normal grip and jump with x, but I have been forced to use the thumb twitch between the b and y buttons to multi-shine. Should I start training myself to use the y button to jump instead?

xman

Smash Cadet
To be honest I think there's no need to go beyond a Double shine. Once the second shine hits you already send your opponent out of range due to knock back on your opponent's shield. IMO it be better to practice wavedashing towatds the opponent after double shining and being able to repeat or mix up

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
To be honest I think there's no need to go beyond a Double shine. Once the second shine hits you already send your opponent out of range due to knock back on your opponent's shield. IMO it be better to practice wavedashing towatds the opponent after double shining and being able to repeat or mix up
Okay thanks I guess that makes sense, but it might help with my double shine timing to be able to do three for situations such as shield pressure.

Also, any advice on the controller grip? Does it makes sense for me to jump with x and multi-shine with y to jump cancel? It seems to be working fine for me but maybe not at a higher level of playing?

Any tips for executing a wavedash out of a multi-shine?

xman

Smash Cadet
i don't really pay attention to the grip of the controller i guess what ever is more comfortable... as for the jump buttons i started jumping with x and double shining with y but now i solely use x for both i tried different combinations and i had most success with x alone just practice the method that has most success for you. wavedashing out of a multishine is hard i find it easiest to not jump cancel the second and just hit L as soon as my second shine hits in mid air but im really trying to get used to the timing for both jump cancels

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
i don't really pay attention to the grip of the controller i guess what ever is more comfortable... as for the jump buttons i started jumping with x and double shining with y but now i solely use x for both i tried different combinations and i had most success with x alone just practice the method that has most success for you. wavedashing out of a multishine is hard i find it easiest to not jump cancel the second and just hit L as soon as my second shine hits in mid air but im really trying to get used to the timing for both jump cancels
Okay thanks for the advice. I will do some practicing and get back to you if I have more questions. But I'm still hoping to figure out the timing for 3+ shines for shield pressure.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
This might sound lazy, but the timing for triple shines is pretty much identical to the double shine timing. It's all about finding the rhythm for it. Once you do, you can do as many as you want.

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
This might sound lazy, but the timing for triple shines is pretty much identical to the double shine timing. It's all about finding the rhythm for it. Once you do, you can do as many as you want.
Okay I guess that makes sense. I usually end up jumping after a double shine so I must be missing the timing to execute the third jump cancel into the third shine.

Any advice for working combos into multi-shine? I see a lot of players double shine and nair/dair for shield pressure. But I'm still too slow to work the nair into a double shine.

Top Bottom