• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple desync tactics also..general desync thread.

Peeko&Luma

Smash Rookie
so as we all know, we can desync luma in various ways.
be it by being hit or recovering on stage, it all has it's value.

so let me start off with the standard:
Recovering on stage and rapid jabbing with luma.

this in most cases forces your opponent to jump over luma making you recover safe on stage.
in some cases your opponent might run after you to punish you, in this case, gets caught in the rapid jab.
the rapid jab will slowly send the opponent towards you allowing you to grab him and let luma do the final spinjab hit and follow up with a throw.

Now off to something interesting.

l
et me start off with what happened at a tournament.
My opponent would forward air me, and i didn't tech it.
little did i know, i buffered a regular getup while jabbing the opponent with a desynced luma.
hitting him with 1-2 1-2 1-2 jabs the whole time, i got up with rosalina and grabbed him out of the desynced jabs.
so after this happened i started labbing it and it surprisingly it's a great tool!

so to explain it in short.
While you're flying off (due to being hit) you start jabbing.
(keep in mind keep it 1-2 jabs, don't go for a spinjab).
onced landed INSTANTLY buffer any getup except for getup attack.
while you get up you keep 1-2 jabbing, and once you've stood up you should jab either 1 or 2 more times depending on the situation and distance you're in.
this allows for a sprint grab from this point on!

ofcourse as always, keep in mind the weight of the character, this will not work on floaties like jigglypuff/villager/ness etc.
it will only work on characters like sheik, fox, mario, captain falcon, DK, Bowser, Zero suit samus etc.

ofcourse these are just two examples, there are quite a bit more desync stuff for us rosalina's to explore.
Share your desync findings here!

Top Bottom