• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 6 - Rutherford, NC - April 14th

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Jeremy, Corey you know I love you guys. I just don't wanna see yall give up.....

oh and I think I should say that I do know how it is man, i play Mario(aprently you forgot I dont play top teir characters either). Every tourney I've ever been to i got knocked out by a marth or a sheik player. >_> Also that I seem to remember a certain person using only falco against me in the last two tourneys I was at. i know how it feels, don't give up and uh.......... mario is too good, as always!

oh and as for me not having a secondary, I'm working on it, and they won't be top teir

Beanie

Smash Cadet
~_~

I hear team Triforce made it in second for Doubles. If this is true, I could've done some sort of good.

Sounded like great fun too.
Mark says until someone brings out Pichu and kicks your ***. I mean he is at the bottom of the tiers waiting for someone to tickle him.:laugh:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pull up a Chair, Popcorn and set the fire ~ This one's long!

>_>

This topic went in a direction I don't believe I'm comfortable with. Brings back the memories of those old days at Gamefaqs...

ehem . . .

Yes, I have yet to play against others in NC, but please understand what I have said before "Who better to boost your confidence than yourself?" I just decided to do it for Kory and Jeremy MIND YOU! If you say it, and you believe it, eventually it becomes a truth.

Now, if you guys quit SSBM, Imma jump off the stage, respawn, and jump off again. 8/ Seriously, I need to play against competitors more like you. IF PRACTICE IS WHAT YOU NEED, then I can provide it. I can come to your place once in a while, but not often enough, just provide me with directions, or an address. But if you would rather meet somewhere, make a date. I'm ready and waiting.

Now if Tiers is an issue, I'm trying to make Ice Climbers my secondary. The only real issue is trying to successfully desynching them. Otherwise, I'm in a fair position. In any case, just stay in the game, guys. If not for the tourneys, than to stay fresh for the upcoming Brawl.

I, unlike others, have gathered 40 some-odd games in backlog, 20 being RPGs, that I'd like to get down under my belt. So I gotta put SSBM aside, but always be ready to play. Last I played anyone, I haven't given the game practice for two or so days.

I hear there's a tourney only 2 hours away THIS Saturday. Set your clocks and be ready to play like you never played before TO PROVE TO EVERYONE what you're made of.

All of a sudden I gots the sudden urge to play as Ganondorf . . . Hrmm . . . It's a thought . . .

Oh, and Beanie ~ Tell Mark Pichu can eat MORE butt, as his head suggest he's had helpings before.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
What is this i see about not having determination, u explain to me how to beat shieks and foxes with ganon. Man i don't understand how everyone is trying to tell me what to do and how to play when me, kory, gerod, and adam have the most experience. U guys need to lighten up and just let us do what we have to do or u can pick low and mid tier characters and try to win a tourney. And i don't ever want to see the b word come out that many times again ever towards me and Tloz, might have to down stomp someone for real.
Ok buddy.. You got it. Next tournament the both of us are at. I will ONLY use a low tier character. I may not win... but I'll get top 3. Outplacing many sheiks and foxes in the process. If I do this, you don't quit?

I'll do it with Y.Link. A character much lower than Ganon and Link on the list.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
59Js i agree with twigger, i will use a low teir myself the whole tourney, i will use game and watch or even GANON lol. Who knows how far i will get but we will see. Oh and TLOZ and 59JS, it is too fun going on trips with you guys, do not quit going to tourneys its just too fun. We may have to split the triforce and then team up with either me or TC. Yet do not quit i beg you. And yes TLOZ link has beat my fox before, his link is dang good and i dunno how he can make link look that fast. Jeremys Ganon has also beat my fox before, his ganon could be compared to tipmans and be just as good. Lucky for me i started using link before i knew nething about l cancel wavedash etc. Just spam up b and i thought i was dang good cause i was beating everyone in ashe. I never faced no one who knew anything about l cancel wavedash etc. while i was in this state lucky for me cause ida been owned. Then i moved to fox not knowing nething either. I used him because he was fast without l cancel wavedash etc. Then I slowly learned what the stuff was and tried to use it during all my matches. I never used the shine to actually hit someone off wth it, until i saw shined blind heh. It was a working experience. Good tourney everyone. RLY looking forward to the next one Peace

l0zr=)

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'm going to quit anyway, its just not possible for me. I don't think 59 and me will enter alot of singles tournies anymore though. Doubles, we'll probably stick to that.

Oh yeah Pac!, I forgot you used Mario and you don't really have a secondary. You're just like us. PAC! for president!

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
PAC!, My bad! I forgot the little plumber was top tier.

Twig and lozr, yall don't have to use low tier characters in tourneys. Believe me, if you don't play low tier ALL of time and you try to fight someone like kirbster or Tope, you aren't going to place very well. I know yall have gotten mad and have somewhat blamed the tiers a little. This just happened to be one of those moments for both me and 59JS. I'm just mad I had to fight so many d*** sheiks because I'm no good at fighting them with link. That character and peach happen to give me the hardest time, every other character is no problem. I was really having a bad day saturday as far as canceling moves though. My timing was way off. If you guys had seen what Tope did to 59's ganon using sheik you guys would see why he's the way he is about that character (chaingrab: 0 - DEATH).

Oh, believe me when I say no ones quitting.

Xeritross

Smash Apprentice
Yeah its impossible to quit. Ive tried it before. Its the same as when I tried to commit suicide by doing a team match with Ken, Isai, and Azen on the same team 3 to 1 against just me. They tried but failed horribly! LOL Its was just IMPOSSIBLE for me to die! The odds were too much against them. So Its Just Impossible!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And he posts! OMFG, I need to make pics because this is a rarity!

59JS

Smash Apprentice
Jeremy, Corey you know I love you guys. I just don't wanna see yall give up.....

oh and I think I should say that I do know how it is man, i play Mario(aprently you forgot I dont play top teir characters either). Every tourney I've ever been to i got knocked out by a marth or a sheik player. >_> Also that I seem to remember a certain person using only falco against me in the last two tourneys I was at. i know how it feels, don't give up and uh.......... mario is too good, as always!

oh and as for me not having a secondary, I'm working on it, and they won't be top teir

U know we are going to have to become super sayains now. Flying isn't enough, we have to become mario and ganon!! I'm going outside after i finish this taco and i'm going to practice my warlock punch on the car.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I fear for the car . . . Actually, I fear for the gas. Big explosions!

59JS

Smash Apprentice
i understand yall are thinking about going to a tourney in bladenboro.

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Somebody Help Me! I'm Losing Skill Everyday! No One To Play Up Here! No Way To Practice! Why Me!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maybe. I don't think I'll be able to come due to work. Though it starts at 4, I get off at 2, and it's a 2 1/2 hour ride. :( I'm out of luck unless I can start work at 9.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bah. I feel the same TLOZ. I play with mys... forget what I was about to say.

I just practice comboes in Training Mode. I'm unsure, but I think I have a chain grab set up for Mr. Ganon. If I can pull it off is the question now.

In any case, Baten Kaitos Origins is rockin' right now! :)

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. I don't think I'll be able to come due to work. Though it starts at 4, I get off at 2, and it's a 2 1/2 hour ride. :( I'm out of luck unless I can start work at 9.
then try to start at 9 bit! LOL :laugh: I mean, if you don't mind missing doubles then you'll be ok. If you leave right after work then you'll definitely make it for singles. It all depends on what you want to enter.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Either or. Doesn't matter as long as I can make it, because I intend on entering.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
In my opinion, they're about the same. That doesn't make it bad, it just makes it that much better. The story unfolds in a far better fashion than the first, of course. Though, some of the bosses are the toughest I've ever encountered in ANY RPG of any kind. That makes it so much more better. :)

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
I still havent beat the 1st one. For some reason, I stopped right at the end. I think my party is a little too weak b/c one of the bosses out of the 5 shadowy things destroyed me.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Are you cereals?

Do you combo with the C-Stick? That's a vital part of the battle as well as a well planned deck for all characters. IMO, Llyude Rox!

It's probably been a while since you played so I won't try and help unless you want it. But if my word means anything, YOU MUST PLAY UNTIL THE END! The final Battle AND the ending is worth the struggle. Just do it, man!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well . . . Llyude isn't neccecary, I just use him. But the C-Stick IS VITAL. Without it, you are with loss. Comboes like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and vice versa are needed to increase the effect of your attack far beyond what it can do normally. :) But don't take my word for it *Reading Rainbow*

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
i'll have to see you play. I thought about using the c-stick, but I just don't even try to use it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
0_0

No way. You power level must be beyond anything I've reached if you made it that far without using the C-Stick. Props, man!

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
I can't really remember how high their levels were, but I think they're like between 55 and 70.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Somebody needs to get gohan in here. power level 710 wtf?!

TLOZ and 59js, you both have my respect for actually having the guts to enter a tournament with not the best characters in the game. Not only did you beat some top tier goodies, but you also showed us that it's the SKILL that makes a character, not the tier. Take azen for example; he's top tier no matter WHO he plays with, lol. Azen is living proof that the handicap of the tierlist CAN be broken. I hope to play you both again; it was lots of fun =).

ps- my marth needs SERIOUS improvement, lol. Until then, Jigglypuff For the win! ;D

( pwr level of 42)

$sD

Smash Ace
wtf...

i am not even gonna attempt to read what has happened..
but it looks like controversy..

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
59js and tloz almost quit... and i said i would pwn ~zio~... thats all that happened

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Well pac it depends on work, Hopefully i wont be working on that day i get to see the rest of the schedule tom. Hope lady luck is with me!! since you gonna take TC as teammate........

l0zr needs a partner

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think, if the person is willing, I can get off at 1:30 at the earliest. If anyone can wait and have me take the ride over, I'd be a happy man, guy, person . . .
But don't feel like you have to. Since WE get paid on fri, thurs the earliest, I can help on the gas and be able to enter the tournament. :D

$sD

Smash Ace
why would u guys quit?

plz dont quit...
u 2 could get far better than u already are.

just dont give up the game because someone said somehting to u...
if anything u can just take alittle break from the game..
atleast that helps me...(mostly waters)

the main reason im leaving is i dont have the money to keep it up..
and there are some things i need to do first...(lol not just ragnarok)...like get into college/find a job.

Beanie

Smash Cadet
Hey, letting you guys know about the GC tourney in Rocky Mount ,NC. We want something huge but we need support, get in the thread and give some input. We have the best smashers on the East Coast to be beaten if you dare. -_- but really come on and [ost now.

BT!P

Smash Rookie
i dont post much...but i would like to lay claim that Dolphin or me (he always wins the mirror and i hate him for it....but love him with all my heart) have the ganons of the state...and i love you all...especially Twig<3 and also 59 and tloz shoud'nt quit...me and munk had some good games just playing around with them in team matches, you two are good players, you just either need to learn your bad matchups or counterpick

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
You guys can't quit, cause then who's gonna beat me?

Adam?

Who's gonna go on trips to georgia with me?

WHO'S GONNA DO THE POSE!?!?!?

Also, can anyone give me a ride to Bladenboro? (I live at State for those of you that don't know me)

Also, Adam, I wouldn't mind teaming with you, as long as you don't play that horrid fox of yours

Top Bottom