• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mushroomy Kingdom Unveiled

NukeA6

Smash Master
I thought this was a part of Subspace EMissary at first. It's such a depressing stage but one of the most interesting so far. I hope the stage's theme fits it. It won't be right if we hear the classic level 1 music.

D

Deleted member

I thought this was a part of Subspace EMissary at first. It's such a depressing stage but one of the most interesting so far. I hope the stage's theme fits it. It won't be right if we hear the classic level 1 music.
Actually, I can easily imagine the Ground Theme we got today on Mushroomy Kingdom:)

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Cool stage, I just wish there were an option to un-ruinify it, and choose which of the stages to battle on. I mean, if I awnt to play on 1-1, but it loads as 1-2, I have to reastart and try again, which may seem whiny, but it really is a big inconvenience.

Also, for 1-2, do you think they'll let you jump up on top of the ceiling and enter "warp zone"?

EDIT: (typos)
Wow, oops. I didn't notice my questions had already been asked. Still, they weren't answered, so I suppose I'll keep them to make sure they're seen.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
No wonder Bowser wants to remove Peach from the throne, look at what her negligence has done to Mushroom Kingdom's once green and lively fields.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Kinda depressing how its all in ruins now. I can also imagine how the fights will be here. Half of times you'll say "unfair" when you get killed, or you'll receive that. It still seems a decent stage to have fun in for a little while, though. I'll enjoy playing this one.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
This certainly ain't the Mushroom Kingdom that I so loved playing in... and yet, it feels like it.

I like that kind of feel in a stage.

Plus the occasional starting in World 1-2 is nice. And the mucis is somewhat catchy.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it'll be tourney banned?
I'd be willing to put $20 down to say that it would be banned in most tournies. The fact that it scrolls puts it into the category of "requires a different mode of operations to play in" and the fact that you occationally get 1-2 instead of 1-1 has to make the "hardcore people" cry. You might be able to get this stage as a counter-pick.

I, on the other hand, love the stage. The color scheme is ein bischen creepy, especially since the stage is from such a cheerful game. I have to wonder how far off to the sides/top they put the "death zones".

Sidenote: I think that Dedede would rock on this stage... from what I've seen of him so far and what I can guess. Can anyone else think of some other characters that could benifit from this stage?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I'm gonna guess this is also a level in the Subspace Emissary.

Azamgi

Smash Rookie
How incredible! This is such a cool stage!

The original Mushroom Kingdom... now in ruins. It tugs at my heartstrings.

No doubt this has something to do with the SSE. I wonder what though.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, this stage reminds me of LittleBigPlanet a little more than Distant Planet:dizzy:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
even though its a moving stage....it does seem to have less chance being banned in tourneys rather than Icicle Mountain...........uhmm....speaking of which (and off topic real quick)..can anyone tell me where are tourneys held in america? XDDDD

DQP

Smash Ace
whoa, this is nostalgic. when i first saw this, i thought it was a subspace scene, seeing the mushroom kingdom in ruins. but i still like it. at least it's not icicle mountain!!

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I hate this stage. I like the idea, but why not just simply make it World 1-1/1-2, rather than a decayed version of it?

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
It's weird, yet cool at the same time. It's like they're real places that everyone sort of forgot about. And then when you see it in ruins you feel sad.:cry:

But we finally got Mario music! And it's awesome!!!!!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
The decayed theme is a great touch (though I hope it doesn't find it's way into Mario canon), especially as an addition to the beauty of the background. I look forward to playing this stage, just by thinking about the different parts of the stage makes me know it's going to be tight, and I hope other characters get side scrolling stages as well (like Sonic).

The first thing I'm going to do on this stage is play a Mario franchise match, Team Mario vs Bowser.

That said, does the decayed castle at the end look like the Alamo to anyone else?

And that music is tight. Best Jazz version of the Mario Bros theme I've ever heard.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
They choice to make it look more decayed probably arose in order to create visual veriaty amongst the stages. We don't have any wasteland types at all, but we have many different forest types. What it does make me wonder though is if there will be a pixle style stage like the last games. Personally I was hoping for a SMB3 themed stage in order to keep up the trend, but I'm not so sure about that now. I guess we did have two retro Mario stages last time, but at this point we have four of the things, so number five may be unlikely...Dang it, why does the Mario series have so many good stage choices that it probably won't get? (Don't we still have that Luigi's Mansion styled stage? And what about a Bowser's Castle? That's not likely now)

courte

Smash Lord
yea im wondering if there will be any warp pipe play at all... or perhaps they have that reserved for another stage... SSB64 Mushroom Kindgom II redone anyone??

courte

Smash Lord
so along with Rumble Falls [Jungle Beat=Awesome game of win]
we have this new scrolling stage
and one returning...

full of awesome--I'm glad to see this shaping up to be a fun and diverse game
I don't see the world as "tourney mode OMG" at first when i look at things for the first time--my first thoughts are always "this is a fun game."

think i cared about Jump-Cancelling in DMC or style tourneys... hell no i was in their hellz, pwning their deimonz!! gwahahahahahau

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
At first glance, I did feel it looked really dull, and I would of much prefered a retro theme, but now ive really warmed up to the decayed take on it. I like the miles of deserted wasteland and ruins in the background, it gives a sad feeling on how it once was, but at the same time it looks really cool.

Heres hoping the return of the Bright, Green, Happy Mushroom kingdom we all know and love. Im hoping for a New Super Mario bros version of the Melee stage. (Bouncy Mushroom platforms ftw!)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The Mushroomy Kingdom is extremely eerie. It's like, what would have happen had mario failed on the first goomba? The mushroom kingdom falls into disarray after 23 or so years of abuse by Bowser and is now devoid of all life and purpose. The flag stands, unchallenge, rusted, the fortress still standing, but dusty and unused. Sheesh.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure I'm happy about the fact the stage sometimes comes up as 1-2 instead of 1-1. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of selecting a stage? :(

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
the textures look really nice on this stage tho....looks a little like "little big planet"

but seriously this stage with the music is creepy creepy lol

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Things decay quickly in the Mushroom Kingdom... it's been like... 23 years, about?? That's pretty much as old as I am!! I hope I don't look that decrepit when my birthday rolls around this July....

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Please don't lable me as a "stupid tourney player", but I hate stages with walk-off ledges. I mean, it ruins one of the key aspects of Smash Bros, the recovery. What I'd like is a Mushroom Kingdom stage that actually has ledges! Graphics and music own though!

Top Bottom