• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

jhayes25

Smash Rookie
Team attack on? That means teammates can hit each other with their attacks/items correct?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having teams?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Team attack on? That means teammates can hit each other with their attacks/items correct?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having teams?
No thats standard. With team attack on it takes strategy and Intelligence to actually fight people. You can just Falco laser spam with Team attack off and not get punished for it. (among other things you can do with team attack off) Its just a million times better this way. I would suggest practicing with Team attack on before you enter a Real doubles tournament.

jhayes25

Smash Rookie
No thats standard. With team attack on it takes strategy and Intelligence to actually fight people. You can just Falco laser spam with Team attack off and not get punished for it. (among other things you can do with team attack off) Its just a million times better this way. I would suggest practicing with Team attack on before you enter a Real doubles tournament.
I know you probably looked at my profile and saw it was my first post and thought i'm new to the game, which i can definitely tell you that i am not. just fyi, i know that spamming is cheap but good players i assumed should be able to overcome it

i've never entered a tournament that's why i asked...thanks though

Milln

Smash Champion
I know you probably looked at my profile and saw it was my first post and thought i'm new to the game, which i can definitely tell you that i am not. just fyi, i know that spamming is cheap but good players i assumed should be able to overcome it

i've never entered a tournament that's why i asked...thanks though
Being "new to the game" and being "new to the tournament scene" are completely different modifiers.

Your teammate being immune to your attacks replaces every possible strategy with "who can be the cheapest" and this breaks the game.

With the feature of being able to hit your teammate, so many new things open up and it becomes an actual match. You'll have to watch your spacing, make sure your partner's okay, and not attack wildly. Additionally, if your buddy is in trouble off screen and can't make it back, you can rush over and hit 'em up toward the stage and help 'em out. With Team Attack On, believe it or not, it revolves much more about actual teamwork rather than mindless two characters versus two characters.

@ Everyone Else: I know you wanna lose money to me in Tin Pin Slammer. I'm serious. Bring your The World Ends With You and we'll have a Slam Off. 2:1 odds versus Milln!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Milln Talkin **** about some ten pin slammer. hahahaha. im pretty pumped about this tournament. I know there are a lot of people going to Tipped Off 4, but thats not gonna stop the brawl community. I'm mostly looking forward to meeting new TN smashers.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Milln Talkin **** about some ten pin slammer. hahahaha. im pretty pumped about this tournament. I know there are a lot of people going to Tipped Off 4, but thats not gonna stop the brawl community. I'm mostly looking forward to meeting new TN smashers.
How many people do you expect to show up?

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Hey, So I am too lazy to go back through all these posts looking for the answer to my questions... =] Sorry!

You've seemed to leabe off stages such as Shadow Moses Island, 75M, Skyworld, and Port Town Aero Dive (You also forgot Onett, but I got the impression that it wasn't an option because you used it as an example as to why it wouldn't be used. lol). And there are two Yoshi's Island(S?) So are both of them legal...or what? lol. Thanks for your time! =]

XD

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Hey, So I am too lazy to go back through all these posts looking for the answer to my questions... =] Sorry!

You've seemed to leabe off stages such as Shadow Moses Island, 75M, Skyworld, and Port Town Aero Dive (You also forgot Onett, but I got the impression that it wasn't an option because you used it as an example as to why it wouldn't be used. lol). And there are two Yoshi's Island(S?) So are both of them legal...or what? lol. Thanks for your time! =]

XD
smi is banned 75mm is banned skyworld is banned port town aero dive is banned onett is banned and yoshi island (pipes) is banned. i guess i should add these. Pipes is the Yoshi stage from Melee.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
There is a Need for Double Posting here. Bumping + Adding an Event to this tournament.

Im gonna do the First competitive Stamina Brawl tournament. Ill Add the rule set later. Milln and I tested it out last night and I really enjoyed it I don't think he did though. It added a Traditional Fighter spin to Brawl. I'm gonna make the Entry Fee $2 and Winner take all unless I have more than 16 people doing it. The matches go by extra quick and Its highly possible to combo. I really wanna test this more so I'm gonna try to test it here.

Milln

Smash Champion
There is a Need for Double Posting here. Bumping + Adding an Event to this tournament.

Im gonna do the First competitive Stamina Brawl tournament. Ill Add the rule set later. Milln and I tested it out last night and I really enjoyed it I don't think he did though. It added a Traditional Fighter spin to Brawl. I'm gonna make the Entry Fee $2 and Winner take all unless I have more than 16 people doing it. The matches go by extra quick and Its highly possible to combo. I really wanna test this more so I'm gonna try to test it here.
It's alright and definitely needs some fleshing out. I'm not sure if I like it, though. It definitely is new and neat and a different way of playing. I recommend that you all try it out.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Assuming there's not some crazy-big Melee tournament going on at the same time somewhere else, I'll be there, Sir KO. It would be stupid for me not to. Just know where my heart is...

And I wonder who this JHayes25 newcomer is...
Hmmmm. I haven't a clue. I have a hunch that he mains a certain bounty hunter. Hm. Curious.
::strokes beard::

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Assuming there's not some crazy-big Melee tournament going on at the same time somewhere else, I'll be there, Sir KO. It would be stupid for me not to. Just know where my heart is...

And I wonder who this JHayes25 newcomer is...
Hmmmm. I haven't a clue. I have a hunch that he mains a certain bounty hunter. Hm. Curious.
::strokes beard::
Heart is where the home is. So the home is Melee? I dunno but go to TO4 instead.

Edit: Sorry KO. =(

Milln

Smash Champion
how do you determine who plays who in the first round of the tournament
Pools for ranked seeding or random seeding will be done. It depends on how many people show up.

@The Melee Players: Hi2u. You should come to this to lose to me in Tin Pin Slammer on the DS.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yeah JMOAN TO4 is that day. but i cant change now. but this will be a monthly thing im sure so there will be others. also Chad and NES_Noob i want you to try my new form of brawl i think you may like it much much more.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No way dude. Delphino is great, and the key words are -two- parts and that he -can-.

Castle Siege is good, but it isnt all that great for tournaments. 2nd part is hugh walk offs, statues get in the way, transformations save people, 3rd part moves too much.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
No way dude. Delphino is great, and the key words are -two- parts and that he -can-.

Castle Siege is good, but it isnt all that great for tournaments. 2nd part is hugh walk offs, statues get in the way, transformations save people, 3rd part moves too much.
agreed

10agreeds

Top Bottom