• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Seiki: I'm always terrible about punishing Falco's reflector because I have like 80 things I can do to cook the bird, but I have less than a second to decide what I can **** him with. So, I usually end up hitting his shield because I'm indecisive, and my attacks are weak

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
lol, tis understandable Rayku.

Anyone know what changes they have made to Sheik?...I should be playing the latest build myself but I don't have a Wii atm.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
lol, tis understandable Rayku.

Anyone know what changes they have made to Sheik?...I should be playing the latest build myself but I don't have a Wii atm.
it just seems like she gets more and more like Melee sheik without Chaingrabs. if People DI down and away from Dthrow its a free Sweetspot Up smash at 0% (goes higher with heavier chars) if they DI Behind shiek to keep from getting USmashed Fthrow leads to USmash. her throw game is as nasty as ever. Needles can be stupid good as well. No landing Lag on them when thrown from the air.

Rayku

Smash Lord
It seems like the worst problem Brawl+ is suffering is throws. Like, as a general consensus of character "retardedness"

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
It seems like the worst problem Brawl+ is suffering is throws. Like, as a general consensus of character "retardedness"
honestly Melee had a lot of issues with throws. Fox up-throw, Shiek down-throw, Ganon down-throw, Marth Up-throw, Dr.Mario/Mario vs Spacies Down throw. People need to get over Chain throwing. Either you completely ruin a throw or it chainthrows for a bit or you do what happened with ganon's down-throw.

I didn't really see a huge issue with ganon's Down throw with chain throwing. It was the Lack of growth that led into easy death (though now that i think about it that happened in melee too)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The silliest throw in Melee is Doc's dthrow vs G&W. If Doc is in a lower controller port, G&W will bounce up like you'd expect him to, but if Doc is on a higher controller port G&W will land on the ground free to get-up attack or roll.
THE MORE YOU KNOW

Rayku

Smash Lord
The silliest throw in Melee is Doc's dthrow vs G&W. If Doc is in a lower controller port, G&W will bounce up like you'd expect him to, but if Doc is on a higher controller port G&W will land on the ground free to get-up attack or roll.
THE MORE YOU KNOW
Wow. I did not know that. Now I'm going to use Doctor Mario whenever I win the Rock-Paper-Scissors debate that always happens when we play Melee

@KO: Yeah, I know throws are really busted for a lot of characters in Melee (especially in perfect play). Perhaps the solution is to make every character in Brawl+ like Samus in Melee :laugh:

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
What do you do when...the character you play goes from second worst in the game...to best...? Do you still play that character?

I know what I'm asking is illogical, but I find enjoyment from playing a character with a high learning curve that also fits my play style.

With that in mind. A character I play in Blazblue CT, Bang, goes from second worst to top tier in Continuum Shift...They made changes to the game's engine which favors Bang, his combo execution is a lot easier, he is given more priority, etc. Basically there is no doubt he is the best character in the next Blazblue. He is overall a much easier character to use.

Now...here is the conflict. I want to play Bang because he is just plain fun to me, but I know he will be whored out by many players since he became such an easy character to use (this is evident right now in Japan a huge influx of Bang players are appearing on many tournament videos).

So, what would you guys do personally?

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Spaceballs: You are right. Pardon my misuse of words

@Seiki: You play the character that you think looks the coolest. That's what I've always done.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Distinguish yourself from the influx of new Bang players by being the best. Or by having the coolest play style, or by being the most entertaining to watch, or the manliest, or whatever.

I really don't know much about standard fighting games, but I know in smash that the top characters generally have the most feasible options at any given time, and therefore even though there will be a million Fox/Falco/etc players at a tournament, it's possible to have a unique playstyle that's still effective.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Distinguish yourself from the influx of new Bang players by being the best. Or by having the coolest play style, or by being the most entertaining to watch, or the manliest, or whatever.

I really don't know much about standard fighting games, but I know in smash that the top characters generally have the most feasible options at any given time, and therefore even though there will be a million Fox/Falco/etc players at a tournament, it's possible to have a unique playstyle that's still effective.

XD shine up smash only, is the single most entertaining thing in exsistence.

Milln

Smash Champion
Ihavespaceballs has the correct philosophy. In a sea of commonplace, make yourself unique by beasting the most, playing a certain (effective) way, or being the most manly, or having an in or out of game quirk that's neat and funny and people will talk about ALL OVER THE LAND.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
long stuff about Bang
Simple. If you like him, play him. That's why I chose Ragna. Sure there's a ton of them out there, say, online, but I typically beat them, and get complimented on mine. Like the others said, you gotta separate yourself from the others by being better than others, or even just by something unique you do.
For example, I have yet to face another pink Ragna online. Pink's my color for Ragna, don't use any others except when playing friends. The pink outfit stands out quite a lot, so its easy for people to remember me and associate me with that pink. I guess. I play pink Captain Falcon too. All my friends recognize me for that.

To further add to that, Kaqn, a Ragna player, always uses white with Ragna. In Shift I've seem him use others, mostly pink, but I and my friends now associate the white Ragna with Kaqn, I even go so far as to dub the white costume the "Kaqn the Bloodedge" costume.

I think you should stick with Bang. He seems perfect for you, both in gameplay and in personality.

TLDR: do what you want. continue to use the same character, or dont. However, you aren't allowed to use Jin. if you do, I'll hate you.

Last edit and I swear I'm done. You complain about whoring, but you secondary Jin. lolololol. So again I say, do what you want. Except play Jin.

There's my longass philosophical nonsense for the day/night.

Milln

Smash Champion
I invented Angry **** with Ragna. And a bunch of other jokes.

.... And combos, too that are now widely popular, I guess. But jokes are better.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I invented Angry **** with Ragna. And a bunch of other jokes.

.... And combos, too that are now widely popular, I guess. But jokes are better.
That too. Now, "learning Ragna" or "teaching Ragna" has become "learning the Angry ****" and "teaching the Angry ****." I took Bosco under my wing recently, but he can't get a feel for it. Perhaps he needs to learn to be angry more..

Yea, I think you were the one who came up with Blood Kain combos, such as 5B into whatever after Hell's Fang? I use that pretty often.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
That too. Now, "learning Ragna" or "teaching Ragna" has become "learning the Angry ****" and "teaching the Angry ****." I took Bosco under my wing recently, but he can't get a feel for it. Perhaps he needs to learn to be angry more..

Yea, I think you were the one who came up with Blood Kain combos, such as 5B into whatever after Hell's Fang? I use that pretty often.
btw is there a reason why you cant make this monthly?
cause if its money dont worry about that too much.

@slash dont forget my money you owe me sucka. lol jk but dont forget. I may use if for someone's entry fee and what not.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Long Time

No See

Yo, im thinking about attending these again, they were always fun and well run... Any chance you would consider GSH2 KO? Its the new codeset, I really like the way it plays, most people I've talked to prefer it, and its looking like it could become the standard as the WBR is in the process of some sort of death or whatever. At least try it?

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Phloat.

Attend.

Friendly Set. We must have it. I'm still sour about the last set <D:<

and as far as I know, I think he plans on using GSH2 for this one anyways lol.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Long Time

No See

Yo, im thinking about attending these again, they were always fun and well run... Any chance you would consider GSH2 KO? Its the new codeset, I really like the way it plays, most people I've talked to prefer it, and its looking like it could become the standard as the WBR is in the process of some sort of death or whatever. At least try it?
yeah im running GSH2 cause its a more solid build than any we've seen so far.

@ Slash its 35 gas was about 51 bucks all together.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
It might just me and two other people going to this....seems like half of my friends are flaking on me. Even if its just me I'll still be going to this.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Phloat.

Attend.

Friendly Set. We must have it. I'm still sour about the last set <D:<

and as far as I know, I think he plans on using GSH2 for this one anyways lol.
Yea, I probably won't make this one, depending on my new years eve recovery... But im definately gonna start attending them as often as possible, and when I get my license I'll be able to pregame witcha guys more.

yeah im running GSH2 cause its a more solid build than any we've seen so far.

@ Slash its 35 gas was about 51 bucks all together.
Sweet, it feels really good, glad Marf lost his SHDF, because I don't play marth.

Yea slash, it was 35 gas and 51 altogether, get with the program.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
shiiiii-

I'll only have about 10-15 by this weekend(the money I'll have left over once entry fees are taken care of)

If by some chance I win any money, I'll put that towards payin' ya, and if not I'll have the rest at the monthly on the 23rd I think you planned it?

Don't mean to leach or anything, or look like I am .-. I'll definately have all debts payed before Feb.

y'know... now that I think about it, a New Years smashfest would be kinda hype, for those not doing anything New Years Eve.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Or a "Smashing through National Hangover Day" event.

I came back because I remembered what I wanted to ask... Did Nes Noob die?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Man, thats horrible. Friend was in a car crash recently, really scary stuff.

Didn't know him that well, but he was a great guy when I saw him, never a mean spirited word, and **** good at what he loved. RIP.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
oh! Mr. P are we still doing teams?
Yeah if you didn't change your mind and are teaming with someone else. I originally planned on my bro but he isn't coming so you were my best bet. I remember KO wanting to team but I figured milln would be coming back finally, so he would probably want to team with him.

Top Bottom