• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Credits effect on Newcomers.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So the music section was added to the official site today and at the bottom it credits (some or all?) of the 3DS Version's composers (Although I am sure they compose for both versions and the Wii U will boast more composers.) The 3DS version only has 2 song selections per stage so this is quite the list of people with amazing track records, no pun intended. Now some things caught my eye- The Xenoblade and Metal Gear Solid composer especially. Could a Metal Gear stage/music appear without Snake? What else has this composer done? All the Namco Bandai Composers are new additions since Brawl (Obviously) but that makes sense, but are we getting more Namco Music than just Pac Man. I mean we already have 2 Namco Items. Another thing- Do they credit composers if the songs were just ripped from respective games instead of being composed/remastered specifically for smash? Because Rhythm Heaven's Tsunku♂ isn't credited, but he also has cancer so he may not be working as of right now. Then again this might not even be the full credits, but it is still impressive. Thoughts on what this could mean for any newcomers/vetrans?

Musicians of Nintendo 3DS version
ArtistMain Compositions
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)Xenoblade Chronicles
Music for "ONE PIECE exhibition" under the editorship of Eiichiro Oda
Masato Coda (designwave Co., Ltd.)Monster Hunter series
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Masashi HamauzuFinal Fantasy XIII
Saga Frontier II
Kenji ItoRomancing SaGa series
Puzzle & Dragons
Noriyuki IwadarePhoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
GRANDIA
Shota KageyamaPokémon X and Pokémon Y
Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version
Yuzo Koshiro (Ancient-corp.)Etrian Odyssey, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune
Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune
Yasunori Mitsuda (PROCYON STUDIO)CHRONO TRIGGER
Inazuma Eleven
Michiko Naruke (Naru2 Co., Ltd.)Wild Arms
Nora to Toki no Kōbō: Kiri no Mori no Majo
Keiichi Okabe (MONACA)NieR Replicant / Gestalt
TEKKEN series
Hideki Sakamoto (noisycroak Co., Ltd.)Toukiden
TIME TRAVELERS
Motoi SakurabaTales of series
Dark Souls series
Tetsuya Shibata (Unique Note Co., Ltd.)Devil May Cry 2, 3, 4
Merc Storia
Yoko ShimomuraKingdom Hearts series
Mario & Luigi RPG series
Masafumi Takada (Sound Prestige LLC)Danganronpa series
Earth Defense Force series
Yusuke Takahama (TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.)Digital Pinball: Last Gladiators
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Hirokazu TanakaMetroid
Dr. Mario
Kumi TaniokaFINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series
Ragnarok Odyssey series
Nobuko Toda (FILM SCORE LLC)Metal Gear Solid 4
TIME SCOOP HUNTER
Shohei Tsuchiya (TAITO / ZUNTATA)DARIUSBURST series
GROOVE COASTER series
Atsuko Asahi (Nintendo)Mario Kart 8
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Daisuke Matsuoka (Nintendo)StreetPass: Find Mii series
Tomodachi Life
Toru Minegishi (Nintendo)The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Wii Fit
Ryo Nagamatsu (Nintendo)Nintendo Land
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mahito Yokota (Nintendo)Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Super Mario 3D World
Keiki Kobayashi (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)ACE COMBAT series
THE IDOLM@STER series
Rio Hamamoto (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER JUPITER
Hiroki Hashimoto (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)TANK! TANK! TANK!
PAC-MAN & Galaga DIMENSIONS
Yoshinori Hirai (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko: Drum Master series
THE IDOLM@STER
Taku Inoue (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER series
Jesahm (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Donkey Konga
THE IDOLM@STER
Saki Kasuga (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Fire Emblem series
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Hiroyuki Kawada (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Walküre series
Shadow Land
LindaAI-Cue (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko: Drum Master series
Tokyo Wars
Yuji Masubuchi (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko: Drum Master series
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Junichi Nakatsuru (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)SOULCALIBUR series
ACE COMBAT series
Katsuro Tajima (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)SPLATTERHOUSE
Katamari Damacy
Torine (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko:Drum Master series
THE IDOLM@STER
Ryo Watanabe (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)RIDGE RACER series
THE IDOLM@STER series
Yoshihito Yano (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Katamari Damacy series
SOULCALIBUR series

Edit:
I didn't say anyone is confirmed, but it makes sense if Snake (or Shadow Moses Island from Brawl) are returning or a first/second party character like Shulk (or a Xenoblade stage) will appear that its composers would be responsible for some of its track selection. In Brawl some of the composers were brought in to remix/remaster their works for a certain franchise (I know Metal Gear was one of them.) At least this speculation is better than 'I saw this character in the clouds of a reveal trailer!' :troll: The only one that makes sense to be there and isn't and that I care about is a main Rhythm Heaven composer-

It's probably the title of the thread that is is misleading- Oh well, we were all tired when the site finally updated this morning last night.

I thought it's kinda common sense we aren't getting characters because these just are the composer's notable works. However when a composer is known for working on over six entries on a series with a possibly cut veteran (Snake,) it does raise some hope that veteran will return, correct?. This is why I also wanted to know if recycled music from the original game/earlier smash games get credited because that also means first party games like Xenoblade could have some music pulled from it for a stage.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
There's also Pheonix Wright and Devil May Cry, looks like they're confirmed as well.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Metal Gear is the really interesting thing about this. Could just be Shadow Moses returning, or could Snake come back too? Maybe it's just a song to reference Snake in Brawl (If Snake is cut, would we call him Old Snake?).

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't mean anything for the newcomers.
It's just a list that displays previous work that the composers have done so that you know where they're coming from and what their background is like.

You might not know a composer by name, but you might say "hey this guy worked on metal gear solid 4's soundtrack, and I loved that game's music."

Just because a composer worked on a specific game doesn't mean that a character from that game is any more likely.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
More straw grasping?

The list of composers points towards no newcomers at all. It's just a list of composers the Smash team picked to compose some music for the games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
actually theres 3 composer from xenoblade there only one of them is credited for it though

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
It means nothing. They just got a lot of big name composers and wanted to show off by listing some of the games they've worked on.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The list has Metal Gear 4, Idolm@ster, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, and Ace Attorney as well.

I don't think this would affect the roster much, although I do hope for Snake, music from all the games listed would give me a heart attack.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Definitely just remixes for the game, but I have high hopes for this meaning Shulk and Snake might be around.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure it's meaningless, except for Metal Gear, which may be important to note.

I'd like to think 3 of Xenoblade's composers being in means something, but as of right now, I'm going to assume it doesn't, unless I'm joking around.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Interesting list of composers.

Even, though I do not know if this would have any effect on the newcomers, I'm still looking forward to hearing how these composers remixed some of the music.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
NOBODY CONFIRMED!

But awesome music confirmed!

If there is Chrono Trigger/Ace Attorney music in Sm4sh I will literally go insane with joy. Yes. Yes.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I think just looking at only the list as provided gives us nothing, but with additional research the possibility of finding *something* interesting is there. After all, the composers are listed by their most significant accomplishments, not what they are specifically bringing to the game. If we assume in many cases that they're bringing something they've worked on before, and create a complete list of their projects for every composer, we may find someone who hasn't worked on any of the franchises in Smash up until now. This would potentially indicate they have a project that has a song in this game that we don't know about.

The only problem is we'd have to actually research the entire composer list. Anyone willing to do that with me?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
OK, so looking at the first five:

ACE (Xenoblade Chronicles, Music for "ONE PIECE exhibition" under the editorship of Eiichiro Oda): I can't find anything about them in English that isn't Xenoblade. I mean, even the ONE PIECE thing doesn't pop up. Half of their members also did some work on Bomberman 64, but there are no notable Nintendo titles I could find.

Masoto Coda (Monster Hunter series, El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron): Can't find anything on him in English, not even the things he is listed for.

Masashi Hamauzu (Final Fantasy XIII, Saga Frontier II): As far as I can tell, the only thing this guy really does are JRPGs third party to Nintendo (Square Enix, Nippon Ichi, etc), along with one game on the PS called Tobal No. 1. So I guess he's either doing original things, or we'll have some cool JRPG music. He's quite a library within his genre, so good luck picking out a likely candidate.

Kenji Ito (Romancing SaGa series, Puzzle & Dragons): This guy seems to work in a similar vein to Masashi Hamauzu, but he also contributed to the Brawl soundtrack, meaning he's likely back for what he put on there. He also did some Shin Megami Tensei, likely why he was on the Brawl soundtrack to begin with. So hopefully the Shin Megami Tensei song makes a return? Can't see why it wouldn't.

Noriyuki Iwadare (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, GRANDIA): First time that we have something meaningful: on the site he's noted for Pheonix Wright but he also worked on the soundtrack to Kid Icarus Uprising, and SSBB. Furthermore, one of the songs he did was Meta Knights Revenge, which is almost certainly in the Wii U version as the Halberd returns. So Pheonix Wright isn't likely why he's here at all.

So far, the only really confusing things have been Masoto Coda and Masashi Hamauzu. ACE is likely here for Xenoblade Chronicles, and the other two we can nearly pinpoint the song they'll contribute. I'm going to continue working down the list linearly, if someone wants to help out tell me where you're starting.

EDIT 1:

Shota Kageyama: Known for Pokemon, case closed.

Yuzo Koshiro (Etrian Odyssey, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune): This guy has an impressive list of things to his name both on the Smash4 site and on wikipedia. The latter includes the more relevant Sonic the Hedgehod, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so once again likely he'll be credited for Brawl remixes.

Yasunori Mitsuda (CHRONO TRIGGER, Inazuma Eleven): Despite being noted for Chrono Trigger on the site, he already had pieces specific pieces in Brawl that could return. He also worked on KI:U and Mario Party. Not likely we'll be hearing Magus' or Frog's theme after all. :(

Michiko Naruke (Wild Arms, Nora to Toki no Kōbō: Kiri no Mori no Majo): Has specific remixes in Brawl, including the OoT medley that are likely to return.

Keiichi Okabe (NieR Replicant / Gestalt, TEKKEN series): Doesn't have a wikipedia page, so I went to VGMdb. I still couldn't find anything more significant than TEKKEN but given that he seems to mainly be a NAMCO guy, he might just be part of the team that is making original music. I find it kind of odd if he is not, but who knows.

Five more done. Keiichi Okabe is the only questionable one I have thus far, outside of the Xenoblade guys.

EDIT 2:

Hideki Sakamoto (Toukiden, TIME TRAVELERS): This guy has NOTHING on his wikipedia to suggest what he might be doing as a composer in this game. The only Nintendo game he seems to have worked on is Castlevania Jdugement. Castlevania music in this game? Who knows, maybe he'll just remix random things that he hasn't worked on.

Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of series, Dark Souls series): Potentially more relevant to us, this composer did various Mario Golf & Tennis games,Golden Sun, and some tracks for Brawl.

Tetsuya Shibata (Devil May Cry 2, 3, 4, Merc Storia): Oh man I have no idea. Almost none of his games have been on Nintendo consoles. Maybe one of the Monster Hunters? It's a big ol' question mark here.

Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts series, Mario & Luigi RPG series): Gee, I wonder what games they'll be drawing from in their compositions.

Masafumi Takada (Danganronpa series, Earth Defense Force series): NO MORE HEROES! OK, so not likely. I can dream though. Anyways on a more reasonable note, he was part of KI:U and he contributed 8 arrangements to Brawl.

That's fifteen. There are not very many people who are randomly joining without something obvious to contribute thus far; there were more randomly joining people in Brawl. I think having the entire group from Xenoblade tips the scales in Shulk's favor, but other than that so far nothing.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The only one peculiar to me is the MGS composer who made some of the MGS songs that appeared in Brawl. I think it slightly helps Snake's case as he is a veteran.

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
For the time being, it's just a list of composers and some of their most well-known works so that people can know what to expect from each composer.

But yeah, I can see this being hints for some characters as well if the composers are doing music for games they previously worked on. I'm quite curious as to what the composer for Katamari can do.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
I don't think that the list really means that much for newcomers, but like someone said previously there are a few composers who worked on xenoblade that were not credited for that game in this list. Another interesting thing is that Motoi Sakuraba Is credited for his works on the "tales of series" and "dark souls" but not his work for his music on Golden Sun.

I kinda find it a little odd that he would be credited for those games but not his nintendo ones, but to be fair both games that he was credited for are the most latest ones he's worked on.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
OK, so looking at the first five:

ACE (Xenoblade Chronicles, Music for "ONE PIECE exhibition" under the editorship of Eiichiro Oda): I can't find anything about them in English that isn't Xenoblade. I mean, even the ONE PIECE thing doesn't pop up. Half of their members also did some work on Bomberman 64, but there are no notable Nintendo titles I could find.

Masoto Coda (Monster Hunter series, El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron): Can't find anything on him in English, not even the things he is listed for.

Masashi Hamauzu (Final Fantasy XIII, Saga Frontier II): As far as I can tell, the only thing this guy really does are JRPGs third party to Nintendo (Square Enix, Nippon Ichi, etc), along with one game on the PS called Tobal No. 1. So I guess he's either doing original things, or we'll have some cool JRPG music. He's quite a library within his genre, so good luck picking out a likely candidate.

Kenji Ito (Romancing SaGa series, Puzzle & Dragons): This guy seems to work in a similar vein to Masashi Hamauzu, but he also contributed to the Brawl soundtrack, meaning he's likely back for what he put on there. He also did some Shin Megami Tensei, likely why he was on the Brawl soundtrack to begin with. So hopefully the Shin Megami Tensei song makes a return? Can't see why it wouldn't.

Noriyuki Iwadare (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, GRANDIA): First time that we have something meaningful: on the site he's noted for Pheonix Wright but he also worked on the soundtrack to Kid Icarus Uprising, and SSBB. Furthermore, one of the songs he did was Meta Knights Revenge, which is almost certainly in the Wii U version as the Halberd returns. So Pheonix Wright isn't likely why he's here at all.

So far, the only really confusing things have been Masoto Coda and Masashi Hamauzu. ACE is likely here for Xenoblade Chronicles, and the other two we can nearly pinpoint the song they'll contribute. I'm going to continue working down the list linearly, if someone wants to help out tell me where you're starting.

EDIT 1:

Shota Kageyama: Known for Pokemon, case closed.

Yuzo Koshiro (Etrian Odyssey, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune): This guy has an impressive list of things to his name both on the Smash4 site and on wikipedia. The latter includes the more relevant Sonic the Hedgehod, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so once again likely he'll be credited for Brawl remixes.

Yasunori Mitsuda (CHRONO TRIGGER, Inazuma Eleven): Despite being noted for Chrono Trigger on the site, he already had pieces specific pieces in Brawl that could return. He also worked on KI:U and Mario Party. Not likely we'll be hearing Magus' or Frog's theme after all. :(

Michiko Naruke (Wild Arms, Nora to Toki no Kōbō: Kiri no Mori no Majo): Has specific remixes in Brawl, including the OoT medley that are likely to return.

Keiichi Okabe (NieR Replicant / Gestalt, TEKKEN series): Doesn't have a wikipedia page, so I went to VGMdb. I still couldn't find anything more significant than TEKKEN but given that he seems to mainly be a NAMCO guy, he might just be part of the team that is making original music. I find it kind of odd if he is not, but who knows.

Five more done. Keiichi Okabe is the only questionable one I have thus far, outside of the Xenoblade guys.
One Piece!!!! Luffy confirmed(haha only in my wildest dreams).

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So the music section was added to the official site today and at the bottom it credits (some or all?) of the 3DS Version's composers (Although I am sure they compose for both versions and the Wii U will boast more composers.) The 3DS version only has 2 song selections per stage so this is quite the list of people with amazing track records, no pun intended. Now some things caught my eye- The Xenoblade and Metal Gear Solid composer especially. Could a Metal Gear stage/music appear without Snake? What else has this composer done? All the Namco Bandai Composers are new additions since Brawl (Obviously) but that makes sense, but are we getting more Namco Music than just Pac Man. I mean we already have 2 Namco Items. Another thing- Do they credit composers if the songs were just ripped from respective games instead of being composed/remastered specifically for smash? Because Rhythm Heaven's Tsunku♂ isn't credited, but he also has cancer so he may not be working as of right now. Then again this might not even be the full credits, but it is still impressive. Thoughts on what this could mean for any newcomers/vetrans?

Musicians of Nintendo 3DS version
ArtistMain Compositions
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)Xenoblade Chronicles
Music for "ONE PIECE exhibition" under the editorship of Eiichiro Oda
Masato Coda (designwave Co., Ltd.)Monster Hunter series
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Masashi HamauzuFinal Fantasy XIII
Saga Frontier II
Kenji ItoRomancing SaGa series
Puzzle & Dragons
Noriyuki IwadarePhoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
GRANDIA
Shota KageyamaPokémon X and Pokémon Y
Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version
Yuzo Koshiro (Ancient-corp.)Etrian Odyssey, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune
Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune
Yasunori Mitsuda (PROCYON STUDIO)CHRONO TRIGGER
Inazuma Eleven
Michiko Naruke (Naru2 Co., Ltd.)Wild Arms
Nora to Toki no Kōbō: Kiri no Mori no Majo
Keiichi Okabe (MONACA)NieR Replicant / Gestalt
TEKKEN series
Hideki Sakamoto (noisycroak Co., Ltd.)Toukiden
TIME TRAVELERS
Motoi SakurabaTales of series
Dark Souls series
Tetsuya Shibata (Unique Note Co., Ltd.)Devil May Cry 2, 3, 4
Merc Storia
Yoko ShimomuraKingdom Hearts series
Mario & Luigi RPG series
Masafumi Takada (Sound Prestige LLC)Danganronpa series
Earth Defense Force series
Yusuke Takahama (TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.)Digital Pinball: Last Gladiators
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Hirokazu TanakaMetroid
Dr. Mario
Kumi TaniokaFINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series
Ragnarok Odyssey series
TIME SCOOP HUNTER
Shohei Tsuchiya (TAITO / ZUNTATA)DARIUSBURST series
GROOVE COASTER series
Atsuko Asahi (Nintendo)Mario Kart 8
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Daisuke Matsuoka (Nintendo)StreetPass: Find Mii series
Tomodachi Life
Toru Minegishi (Nintendo)The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Wii Fit
Ryo Nagamatsu (Nintendo)Nintendo Land
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mahito Yokota (Nintendo)Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Super Mario 3D World
Keiki Kobayashi (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)ACE COMBAT series
THE IDOLM@STER series
Rio Hamamoto (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER JUPITER
Hiroki Hashimoto (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)TANK! TANK! TANK!
PAC-MAN & Galaga DIMENSIONS
Yoshinori Hirai (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko: Drum Master series
THE IDOLM@STER
Taku Inoue (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)TEKKEN series
THE IDOLM@STER series
Jesahm (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Donkey Konga
THE IDOLM@STER
Saki Kasuga (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Fire Emblem series
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Hiroyuki Kawada (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Walküre series
Shadow Land
LindaAI-Cue (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko: Drum Master series
Tokyo Wars
Yuji Masubuchi (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko: Drum Master series
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Junichi Nakatsuru (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)SOULCALIBUR series
ACE COMBAT series
Katsuro Tajima (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)SPLATTERHOUSE
Katamari Damacy
Torine (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Taiko:Drum Master series
THE IDOLM@STER
Ryo Watanabe (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)RIDGE RACER series
THE IDOLM@STER series
Yoshihito Yano (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Katamari Damacy series
SOULCALIBUR series
You know One Piece is mentioned here, right? Luffy confirmed!

I wouldn't be too worried about Tsunku♂, though, as this is likely not a full list, and Rhythm Heaven songs would make too much sense in Smsh Bros.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I didn't say anyone is confirmed, but it makes sense if Snake (or Shadow Moses Island from Brawl) are returning or a first/second party character like Shulk (or a Xenoblade stage) will appear that its composers would be responsible for some of its track selection. In Brawl some of the composers were brought in to remix/remaster their works for a certain franchise (I know Metal Gear was one of them.) At least this speculation is better than 'I saw this character in the clouds of a reveal trailer!' :troll: The only one that makes sense to be there and isn't and that I care about is a main Rhythm Heaven composer-

Edit: It's probably the title of the thread that is is misleading- Oh well, we were all tired when the site finally updated this morning last night.

Last edited:

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying you said this, but before everyone gets all riled up because the Xenoblade composer is on there, remember that Monolith Soft. isn't credited in the character credits at the bottom of the website.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
There's also Pheonix Wright and Devil May Cry, looks like they're confirmed as well.
Dante from Devil May Cry Confirmed!
You two stole my post.

But really, it matters not at all. Devil May Cry's composer did some music for Brawl, but you see nothing from that series in Brawl at all. It's just crediting these musicians with hte titles you'd be most familiar with that featured them.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You two stole my post.

But really, it matters not at all. Devil May Cry's composer did some music for Brawl, but you see nothing from that series in Brawl at all. It's just crediting these musicians with hte titles you'd be most familiar with that featured them.
Uuuhhh... I just want to be clear: I was joking, Haha.

I think we all can gather that the games that listed are just notable games they have worked on.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Uuuhhh... I just want to be clear: I was joking, Haha.

I think we all can gather that the games that listed are just notable games they have worked on.
Yeah, I know. It probably wasn't very clear since the rest of my post was replying to the general premise of the thread and not you two specifically. My mistake on that.

byperbam

Smash Rookie
there is no one on the list that has composed for a rhythm heaven game...
normally this wouldn't mean anything, but since rhythm heaven's music is kind of what it's centered around and therefore would need its music in the game... marshal/rhythm girl/karate joe/chorus men deconfirmed?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The highlights to me:

Motoi Sakuraba: GOLDEN SUN
Yuzo Koshiro: So many awesome soundtracks, especially STREETS OF RAGE, and SHINOBI series.
Yasunori Mitsuda: CHRONO TRIGGER

Surprised at:
Nobuko Toda METAL GEAR SOLID IV
Lack of Jun Senoue, Masato Nakamura, or any other SONIC THE HEDGEHOG composers.
Lack of any MEGAMAN composers
Yoko Shimomura: I don't really like KH anymore, but this woman has made some really awesome soundtracks.

Bummed at:
No Y.Hirai and T.Kumegawa: Looks like STARTROPICS is once again collecting dust in the deepest vaults of NOA.

Well, it seems this list is VERY incomplete. There is no Punch Out music composer listed, no Sonic, no Megaman, so yeah, this can't be the final list.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I'm not saying you said this, but before everyone gets all riled up because the Xenoblade composer is on there, remember that Monolith Soft. isn't credited in the character credits at the bottom of the website.
There's not a good argument. Sega wasn't credited until Sonic came.

Anyway, does anyone think this thinks that this is a hint to Snake's return since Nobuko only made the Metal Gear music in Brawl?
Although she could be composing other music.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Hope the composer list won't affect anything.

I don't want Shulk in at all, I'd rather have Klefki or Trubbish.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think the composer list will have a massive impact on the roster. Brawl did have some music tracks that had no character representation after all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Final Fantasy XIII mentioned. Lightning confirmed.

In all seriousness I don't think this has any impact on the roster what so ever. Sad Uematsu isn't included in the credits.

Top Bottom