• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music (Revived)

sum41

Smash Ace
Ok, now that its in its proper place, let's try again.

What type of music are you into?
What band do you like the most?
And finally, what is your favorite song?

My answers:
1. Modern Rock
2. Weezer
3. End of the World ~ The Cure

Post on, fellow smashboarders.

Cerebrate

Smash Lord
1) You spelled "thief" wrong in your sig.
2) Your favorite song has been on the radio for only a few months.

Genre: Prog Rock
Band: The Smashing Pumpkins
Song: For Martha (by these guys ^)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What type of music are you into? Bluegrass, Jazz, Soul, Gospel... basically anything that was played in or in the style of The Blues Brothers.

What band do you like the most? I don't like bands, I like songs.

And finally, what is your favorite song? Too difficult to choose. I like so many different songs from each genre of music, that each one has too many merits to make others better than it.

See, people try to seperate stuff "Well, if you like such and such a genre, then your favorite band and song must come from there." Not unlike my "favorite bands" question, I don't have a "favorite genre," I just have songs that I like.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cerebrate
Dude. I love you. You posted exactly what I was going to. You need to hurry up and get AIM so I can get your *** in the Broom.

Genre: Wha'eva!
Band: The Who
Song: "Jack Straw" by The Grateful Dead

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Genres: Hard rock, Metal, Indie Rock, Eurobeat, Industrial Rock, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Jazz Fusion, Classical, Eurodance, Rapmetal.

Bands/Artists: Powerman 5000, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Megaherz, Linkin Park, Yoko Kanno, Toshiro Masuda, Liquid Tension Experiment, The Postal Service, ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, Ra, Disturbed, TRUSTcompany, Dope, Godsmack, Mega NRG Man, Dave Rodgers, Metallica, Stabbing Westward.

Song: Couldn't possibly say. It used to be Iron Man by Busta Rymes and Ozzy Osbourne but that got boring after a few years. I have nothing to replace it, just a buncha songs I really like.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Genre: Metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, emo, indie, punk, and basically everything else except techno, pop and country.

Bands: System of a Down, SikTh, Cult of Luna, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Funeral for a Friend

Song: This Years Most Open Heartbreak - Funeral for a Friend

Sorry, i have way too many bands i love and genres to actually pick one.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Genre: Well, mostly everything
Bands: Velvet Underground, Radiohead, Nirvana, Grateful Dead, Bjork, Blind Guardian, Leonard Cohen
Song: Radiohead- Sail to the Moon/Electioneering

EDIT: Changed favorite song

sum41

Smash Ace
Ok, you got me. It was really late and I was tired when I typed it. Error corrected.

That's the song I hope to hear the most if I turn on the radio. My favorite song of all time though, would probably be Californication by the Chili Peppers or Learn to Fly by The Foo Fighters.

Random Fact: So far, this topic contains only Smash-Vets (2+ years on this site).

MarioBoy09

Smash Rookie
Genre: Heavy Metal, Hard Rock

Band: Slipknot, Linkin Park, Smile Empty Soul,

Songs: Duality, silhouettes, Papercut

P.S. Who ever listens to country crap? Who ever listens to ColdPlay (worst band ever?)

INFESTD

Raging Pirate
BRoomer
Genre: Reggae, Alt Rock, Acid Rock (early Incubus inparticular), Old school Rap, some newer rap but it really doesnt compare to the old stuff

Bands: Bob Marley, The Wailers, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Snoop Dogg, The Neptunes, Some random one hit wonders, Bands on the radio without names

Songs: Pyshopsilocybin by Incubus, Get ******** by Black Eyed Peas, 187 on an Undercover Cop by Snoop Dogg, 24s by T.I., Jammin by Bob Marley, Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters, Exodus by The wailers and Bob Marley, One hit wonders on the radio.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Genre: Classic, Prog., Blues

Bands: Lynyrd Skynyrd, King Crimson, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Song: "Freebird" "21st Century Schizoid Man" and "Mary Had A Little Lamb"(Long DVD).

sum41

Smash Ace
Hey KI, Bright Eyes and Death Cab For Cutie rock. I found them on Launch, and decided that they kick ***.

Other good songs I am currently digging: Glycerine~Bush, Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows~Brand New, Karma Police~Radiohead, The Good Life~Weezer. More to come.

Night Strife

Banned via Administration
I tell top fives..... its easier

Genre- Alternative rock, about all forms rock

Bands- Linkin Park, Lost Prophets, Smile Emtpy Soul, Offspring, trapt

Songs- **** song(sum 41), Bottom of a bottle(Smile Emtpy soul), Faint(Linkin Park), Times Running Out(Muse), and Only one(Yellowcard), Last Train HOme(Lost Prophets)

yea thats me, strange

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Genre - rock, pop-punk, j-pop, ballad, contempoary

Bands/singers - Matchbox 20, Evanescence, Maaya Sakamoto

Song - "Gravity" - Maaya Sakamoto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
1. Techo/clasical
2. No fav band... fav artist? Dj Taka or Onoken... or TaQ... hm...
3. Vijore' - Onoken (actually I'm listening to in now)

just got over the extended pokemon theme song

Blind

Honorbound
I like the idea of "top five."

Genre: anything, anything at all...

Favorite band(s): They Might Be Giants, XTC, Barenaked Ladies, Wallflowers, "Weird Al" Yankovic

Favorite song(s): End of the Tour (They Might Be Giants), The Loving, The Man Who Murdered Love (XTC), War on Drugs (BNL), Somebody Else's Money (Wallflowers), One More Minute. (Weird Al)

raul

Smash Lord
Ok here goes...

Genre: Im guessing Emo, indie rock, and some rap rockish and other stuff

Bands: Dashboard Confessional, Saves the Day, Hot Rod Circuit, Further Seems Forever, Taking Back Sunday, Linkin Park, Staind, Trapt, Default, Yellow Card, Relient K, Straylight Run, Alkaline Trio, The Used, Thursday, Finch, The Starting Line, Halifax, Mae, Maroon 5, Sugar Cult, My Chemical Romance, Brand New, Green Day, The Movie Life, Jimmy Eat World, Midtown, Senses Fail, Tap Root, and Allister (p.s. this list always grows)

Note: the following songs are my favroite by each band, but i love all the bands music anyway...

Songs: Hands Down, Vindicated, Warmth of the Sand, Several Ways to Die Trying, This is a Forgery, Ender Will Save Us All, Screaming Infidelities, The Good Fight, The Sharp hint of New Tears all by Dashboard

Lets Go Home, The Pharmacist, Safely, Cool for One Night, Radiation Suit all by Hot Rod Circuit

The Moon is down, Wearing Thin, The Bradley, How to Start a Fire, all by Further Seems Forever

Selective, Piano Song, Up and Go, The Best of Me, This Ride all by the Starting Line

Great Romances of the 20th Century, A Decade Under the Influence, Youre So Last Summer, Bike Scene, Little Devotional all by Taking Back Sunday

and ill stop there for today

thebassfreezer

Smash Rookie
genre:any rock

band:slipknot, lamb of god, green day, the hives, the beatles, linkin park, yellowcard, E' morte'(my band), bgkf, red hot chilli peppers, foo fighters, mushroomhead, coldplay(bye the way marioboy coldplay is NOT the worst band ever), lostprophets, weezer, thursday, taking back sunday, RANCID, Rammstein, F-ups, franz ferdinand, modest mouse, queens of the stone age, staind, drowning pool, 3 days grace, shinedown, lynyrd skynyrd, smile empty soul, new found glory...and many, many more.

best song(s):
1.Blackbird-The Beatles
2.Only One-Yellowcard
3.Duality-Slipknot
4.Take Me Out-Franz Ferdinand
5.Walk Idiot Walk-The Hives
6.Wake Up(make a move)-lostprophets
7.Numb-Linkin Park
8.Amsterdam-Coldplay
9.Good Riddance(time of your life)-Green Day
10.Scar Tissue-Red hot chilli peppers
11.Be A Simple Man-Lynyrd Skynyrd(resung bye shinedown)
12.Millionare-Queens of the Stone Age
13.Bodies-Drowning Pool
14. 45-Shinedown
15.Just Like You-3 Days Grace

theres so many songs i like but i dont wanna make the list to long

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Hey, seeing as how this is music, I'll post it here.

MTV is having their VMA's this Sunday, and the most important of the awards, the one that we get to vote on that isn't filled with mainstream manufactured music, is the MTV2 Award. And the nominees are:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Maps

And I'll end it right there. Now if everyone could go to MTV2.com and please vote for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who definitely deserve this award!Oh, the other nominees that matter are Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse, but the Yeah Yeah Yeahs really should get this award; Maps is one of the best songs of 2004, period.

Oh, and my favorite songs of all time? Be prepared; they're diverse.
10. Fell in Love with a Girl- White Stripes
9. Crawling- Linkin Park
8. Get Ur Freak On- Missy Elliot
7. Freak on a Leash- Korn
6. Falling Away From Me- Korn
5. Suck My Kiss- Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. People of the Sun- Rage against the Machine
3. Bulls on Parade- Rage against the Machine
2. Closer- Nine Inch Nails
1. Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana

sum41

Smash Ace
I just voted for Maps a dozen times. Too bad they don't show the standings.

Other Good Songs:
Brain Stew- Green Day
Tonight, Tonight- Pumpkins
Otherside- RHCP
Everlong- Foo Fighters
Song 2- Blur
No One Knows- Queens Of The Stone Age
Watch The World Die- Everclear
Smooth Criminal- Alien Ant Farm
Say It Ain't So- Weezah

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
I'll keep it relatively simple.

Genre: Jam bands, prog rock, grunge, trance, jazz, classical
Band: Phish
Song: Harry Hood by Phish

AndroidFroggy

Smash Apprentice
1. Anything with a good melody, beat, and lyrics that make perfect sense or absolutely none at all.
2. Queen!
3." Bohemian Rhapsody"(Queen)

Morkexil

Smash Apprentice
genres- metal, death metal, jam, rock, classical, techno

bands-
Phish
Juno Reactor
In Flames
Nine Inch Nails
Fear Factory
Bush
Cannibal Corpse
Rage Against the Machine
Stabbing Westward
Amon Amarth(viking death metal)

song-Clayman, by In Flames

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
random bands: weezer, eve6,eels,brand new, blink 182, green day, the postal service, taking back sunday, the notwist, boxcar racer, sum41, link, midtown, april's love affair, vince likes you, and ...finch, because ender will save us all.

i like all kind of songs, so most songs by those bands.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I can't decide things...but I like these bands.

Genres suck.

Bands: The Flaming Lips, Belle and Sebastian, Blur, N*E*R*D, and Spacehog.

Song: It changes faster than the seasons.

Taco Head

Smash Ace
Genre:death metal, screamo & hardcore

Band:bring me the horizon, drop dead gorgeous, i killed the prom queen, devil wears prada, death & deicide ...(list goes on)

Song:tooo many

Sandy

Smash Champion
Genre: Classic Rock, Metal, Punk Rock, New Age

Band: My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Motorhead, Prodigy, A-ha, AC/DC, All-American Rejects, Aquabats, Bob Seger, Clint Mansell, Coldplay, Criss Angel, Daniel Lioneye, Dropkick Murphys, Enya, Ft. Minor, Flock of Seagulls, Gorillaz, Hinder, Huey Lewis, Johnny Cash, Koji Kondo, Keichi Suzuki, Linkin Park, Remy Zero, Phantom Planet, Survivor, Train, The Used, Yellowcard.

Song: "The Black Parade" "Astro Zombies" "Take on Me" "Mindfreak" "King of Rock & Roll"
"I'm Shipping Up to Boston"

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Genres: Rock, Metal (However, I much prefer lighter stuff to death and black metal. If you're gonna scream, scream so I can understand you. ^_^), Techno/Rave, J-Rock, Alternative, and some Punk.
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold. Yes, I realize their first two albums directly conflict with my request for less screaming in metal. Be quiet. >.>
Favorite Song: This is a toughie... I can never decide... Whenever I pick one, it's subject to change. But my current all-time favorite song, for the fleeting moment, is...
Second Heartbeat, by Avenged Sevenfold. Yes, I realize the majority of this song directly conflicts with my request for less screaming in metal. Be quiet. XD

Top Bottom