• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Musical Smash (new: Mew2King vs. Overtriforce)

Cero

Smash Lord
How would I do that? Like, who ever is currently executing a long string of combos, has their music playing? What would I do when both players are just dash dancing back and forth, trying to out space each other?

... I'll think about it.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
hmm when noone is obviously controlling the game just let the regular music play

but i wouldnt just pick up the theme song where it previously left off each time, I would choose the appropriate (COOLEST) parts of the song that meshed well with what kind ownage was happening

you should probably use a couple songs for each player

neat idea cero

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
-falls out of chair-

Oh man this is just hilarious. "Come on man, get yo combo in so I can stop listening to this wack *** song."

Golden.

Cero

Smash Lord
hmm when noone is obviously controlling the game just let the regular music play

but i wouldnt just pick up the theme song where it previously left off each time, I would choose the appropriate (COOLEST) parts of the song that meshed well with what kind ownage was happening

you should probably use a couple songs for each player

neat idea cero
... This might be tough... But, I'll give it a shot.

First, I need someone's (anyone's) suggestion for a good match to edit.
(I don't have time to look for one right now. Just give me one where the momentum between the players get traded frequently throughout the match.)
Just link it to me in this thread or w/e.

When I decide on a match to edit, I'll probably need some song suggestions as well. (I'm not very confident in my taste of music... I usually try to pick music that's been featured in the players' combo videos.)

I'm not so confident in my creative skills either. So, this will initially just be a demo. I'll probably call it "XXX vs. XXX (Musical Smash: Ballistics Mix)" or something cool like that. :bee:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yo! You gotta do Armada vs Mango 2.3 or you could choose another match thats closer cuz mango got 2 stocked in 2.3. Use Armada's combo vid music and whatever for mango. His combo vid is called Peach prodigy. You also should do one for M2K vs Armada too.

Cero

Smash Lord
Lol. I guess I've got some extra work to do tonight.
I'll try to get on it as soon as possible. :)

Oh, and I'm not going to be doing Ballistic's idea anymore. It's been too long and I don't really care anymore. If anyone brings it up though, I might consider it...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Lol. I guess I've got some extra work to do tonight.
I'll try to get on it as soon as possible. :)

Oh, and I'm not going to be doing Ballistic's idea anymore. It's been too long and I don't really care anymore. If anyone brings it up though, I might consider it...
thanks man:). Your super cool.:chuckle:

Cero

Smash Lord
Yeah. That's the first song I thought of when you mentioned it, lol.

I'm having a hard time finding music for Mew2King... Do you think it would be fine to use "America **** Yeah!" for Mew2King vs. Armada?

... In a match where Mew2King (America) loses? :ohwell:

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Interesting stuff! :)

If you are looking to take this one step further, you could have the volume from the music based on the ratio from each person's percentage. I would gladly help you to this end if you decide to go this route...

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Can you go into a little more detail or give some examples? I'd like to expand on my idea as well. :)
Apologies, I had to step away from the computer (food johns! :laugh:)

Okay, here are some approaches you can take.

First, the original audio is being kept @ a good background level during the video, so kudos. :)

In relation to the previous post that I made, this involves your video editing software to have the ability to have more than one audio track available when editing. A popular one that most people know on the boards is Pinnacle Studio, which gives you four audio tracks to play around with. I use Sony Vegas Pro 9.0a (64-bit edition) to edit most of my video (it has 99 video and audio tracks :chuckle:). However, I do think that Studio 12 should work for the musical chairs, provided that you don't want to use more than three songs for the entire video (since you obviously use the original track as one of them).

Concerning the audio ratios: Let's say you have Mango & Armada going at it, with Mango @ 45% and Armada @ 17%. You take the two numbers, divide the result (around 2.7-->~3), and make the person with the lower % have their music play three times louder than the others. This concept is naturally hard to grasp @ first (it took me a few hours to finally get the hang of it), but once you see it, it quickly makes sense. Though this example is using Sony Vegas, it should help you better comprehend it.

In order to better aid in your efforts, I can make a proof of concept video using one of the previous examples you did (or a new one if you prefer) showing how this could work. Afterwards, I could post it as a Video response to one of your videos. Send me a PM if you have any more questions or if this sounds good to you.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Why did this die out? I'm sorry if this is considered grave digging but I thoroughly enjoyed this and you should keep this up (: (lol hbox vs ....zhu? comeback would be epic)

S l o X

Smash Champion
Cry about it.
&
nevermind my recommendation, I just realized hbox would have LESS than 10 seconds of music, even though he wins. XD

Cero

Smash Lord
I'm still open for suggestions you know...

I just stopped doing them after a while because each vid took a while and I... you know... have a life.

But, if any one can suggest something, I'm all ears.

So any requests? :)

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'll get to looking for good videos manana. Don't worry, its not like we're rushing it, I was just wondering why it died ; as it held so much WIN.

Top Bottom