• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 MW Round 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
MW Bracket available here: www.smashboards.com/smashwars/brackets/midwest.htm

Post all match results for round one here.

ALL ROUND ONE MATCHES ARE DUE AT 3:00PM EASTERN. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Round 2 is due at 3:45.

Please format your posts as follows:

Yourname beats Theirname, 3-2

or,

Yourname loses to Theirname, 2-3

Please keep this thread clear of matchmaking requests. Use PMs, instant messenger or chatrooms to connect with your opponent. There is also a discussion thread.

Again, refs will be available all day, starting at 2pm Eastern, in the AIM chatroom "Smash Wars" and "Smash Wars Brackets".

RULES:

Singles - Rules
1v1 Battle
No Spectators (except referees, if necessary) allowed
Best 3 out of 5 matches (first to win three matches wins)
2 Stock
No time limit/sudden death
Items: OFF (includes Smash Balls)
Character Selection: Always double-blind

Stage Selection
In each battle, both players will select a preferred stage from the list of legal options. The game will then choose the stage based on those selections.

Legal Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet
Battleship Halberd
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Castle Seige
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Onett

Banned Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong 75m
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wario Ware
The Summit
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Big Blue
Jungle Japes

Stalling:
Excessive stalling is defined as using any glitch or tactic to make your character completely untouchable by an opponent for an excessive amount of time. Using such tactics will result in a match forfeit. Players must submit video evidence to demonstrate that this rule has been violated for the referee to rule in their favor. Also, please note that running away within the normal bounds play or camping ledges does not constitute stalling.

Lag:
No Johns. Lag is not an acceptable excuse for quitting out of a game. A player that quits out during gameplay without the permission of a referee will automatically forfeit that game. Video evidence must be submitted to a referee to prove that this rule has been broken for the forfeit to go into effect. Without video proof, players must complete the match.

Video:
All players are encouraged to record every single match and save those files until the opponent has properly reported the results. Video files can be used as proof in the event that an opponent cheats or lies.

Referees:
Referee contact information will be posted with each pool. Players should only contact referees in the case of a rule violation and they must present video evidence in this instance. Any disrespect or harassing of referees will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification. Referee rulings are final.

JCav

Smash Lord
so uhh, i beat falco400 in round one but were both moving on, but where do i post my bc?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
What do we do if our opponent isn't responding to us in any way? I've tried to contact 5rogersc, but he's not online and there's nothing else I can do.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm going to have to drop out of this tournament unfortunatly. I've got alot to do today, including a practice MCAT (yay for a 5.5 hour exam!), so there is no way I can fit the time for a tournament.

TuRk E

Smash Apprentice
Ive been trying to contact xig28 u need to respond back if ur on bro. My aim is cctgtaturk or u can pm me.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
5rogersc has still yet to show online. What are you going to do if he doesn't show? Do I get a by?
you do realize that you have until 3 to finish the matches, right? My guy hasn't shown yet either, and I'm sick of waiting, but he has a full hour and a half.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
So long as you make sure that you're around by the time the deadline passes, and the other party still has not shown up, you will likely get the victory.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
So long as you make sure that you're around by the time the deadline passes, and the other party still has not shown up, you will likely get the victory.
Yeah, ok. That sounds good.

I just get a little anxious with this stuff, ya know?

Also, we still need to friendly Omni. =P

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
My opponent MasterBraz is a no show, so far at least, can't contact him through his aim, spacemonkee22, and i can't get him to respond to my PMS :(

akthewonder

Smash Cadet
Aaryk, is there anyway you could play Nomnomno now? I may have to leave real soon and I wanted you guys to play ASAP so I can play the winner.

Firebert

Smash Ace
I haven't heard anything from Extardinare. I've sent him several PM's, but that's all I can do, as he doesn't have any other contact information.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Aaryk, is there anyway you could play Nomnomno now? I may have to leave real soon and I wanted you guys to play ASAP so I can play the winner.
I wish. He's nowhere to be found. 3 PMs and a bunch of IMs have yielded no results in my search.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm here now.... going to look for my opponent.

Whoever it is... Ragnark1 is my AIM.

3866 7676 3089 is FC

orintemple

Smash Lord
Seems like there may be a lot of no shows. I wish I could do more than just PM my opponent but he doesn't have any info up. But he still has 45 min or so...

CFaLC

Smash Cadet
I've been searching for BX3 for the past two hours, he has 45 minutes left. I've sent him private messages, since he doesn't have AIM information available. He may be a no-show.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Xisin wins vs Joenopride

I won the first 2 but than he had to leave for some reason. Hope everything pans out ok. Good mtach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom