• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My best option? Wizard foot cancel combo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Let me first off start my saying that I tried to search for a similar thread, but I didn't find anything useful. I put the important stuff in red.

I want to know if there are any inescapable followups when I hit someone with a wizard foot cancel and they wind up above and in front of me, as if they didn't DI at all. If not, what is my best one.

I just picked up ganon because after playing sonic for so long, it feels good to kill someone at 70% from the middle of the stage. So far all I know how to hit with is wizard foot, flame choke and instant dash attack. Alot of the people I have played against like to spotdodge the wizard foot and then punish me with whatever, because its all I ever do. So I started using Wizard foot cancel and instantly doing and aerial side B (do you call it something different in the air?) to punish the spotdodge with some easy damage or a Ganoncide. Then something shocking happened. I hit a guy with the wizard cancel and my buffed left side B turned into a buffed side B to the right(something brawl does that, no idea why). But I wound up grabbing him almost immediately after hitting him with the kick, killing us both (i was already up a stock 110-15).

So I tried it against a level 9 cpu and they always get hit by the Ganoncide grab if the foot hits them at around 20 percent. Now I am aware (or at the very least assuming) that someone could DI up from the wizard foot and I would just kill myself for nothing.

I also managed to follow it up with Uair and hit, which was a waste, and Fair, which killed link from 20 percent for me(guess he got punched too far). The Uair seemed to just put the cpu in a better position than I was, resulting in ME getting gimped. I only managed to hit with the first kick from Nair which was a similar effect to Fair, but just less damage and knockback. The fair looked the best, but fair always does. Sadly for me, the irony of it is that with a little more damage it seems to be far enough to kill just about anyone, but with a little more damage I'll wind up missing anyway.

:034:

Smash Hero
DAD makes everything for you, but not really for you. He just bends space and time and does both at the same time.

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
So you better appreciate it, Tesh! Otherwise DAD just may unmake you and the video at the same time...and the rest of us ganon mains really like that video.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I am still a little unsure of what this means. Are any of them inescapable? The video doesn't seem to say if they are. Did I just catch my opponents off guard causing them to react improperly?

Thanks for the video, I missed it because it wasn't a sticky.

Kholdy

Smash Cadet
Eh, some of them appear to be guaranteed, some aren't. Seems to depend on the character a bit. For example, trying an Uair on Samus will result in her doing a Dair, potentially killing you. Trying the same Uair on Marth appears to be guaranteed.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I actually noticed something left out of the Wickick video but Wizkick's spiking properties, its practically the second most powerful spike in the game after Ganon's DAir. Easily doable by overlapping someone during your startup frames or reversing the aerial kick so they're underneath Ganon's butt when he connects.

Top Bottom