• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Body Is Ready

OverLade

Smash Hero
Why did Redhalberd lose to me in the past? It's because I was doing something that they had never experienced before - not because I was a good player.
Whoa brah slow the **** down.

MK is a better character than Peach. You know the MK matchup very well and I know the peach matchup decently. You beat me because you outplayed me, but if I had beaten you, would that be because I'm a better player? I'm obviously a top player using an amazing character, but you're a BETTER top player using a character that barely has the options to combat mine.

The fact that you were able to beat someone like ESAM, who I can't beat proves you're easily a smarter player than I am. I just place more consistently because my character is broken. Never forget that.

You're the San of Peach. A player with INCREDIBLE talent who uses a character that can only take them so far. Does that mean you should drop peach? Of course not, but it means that you should aim high but be realistic with your goals. Be innovative. Try different stuff. But especially don't doubt yourself as a player because that just makes you sound ridiculous :laugh:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Peach boards, I'm sorry to
Say this but Illmatic is lying to you. If you want the REAL story, ask me and I'll deliver.

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

MK is a better character than Peach. You know the MK matchup very well and I know the peach matchup decently. You beat me because you outplayed me, but if I had beaten you, would that be because I'm a better player? I'm obviously a top player using an amazing character, but you're a BETTER top player using a character that barely has the options to combat mine.

The fact that you were able to beat someone like ESAM, who I can't beat proves you're easily a smarter player than I am. I just place more consistently because my character is broken. Never forget that.

You're the San of Peach. A player with INCREDIBLE talent who uses a character that can only take them so far. Does that mean you should drop peach? Of course not, but it means that you should aim high but be realistic with your goals. Be innovative. Try different stuff. But especially don't doubt yourself as a player because that just makes you sound ridiculous :laugh:
Thanks, that means alot. WHOBO 3 was such a great weekend.

Peach boards, I'm sorry to
Say this but Illmatic is lying to you. If you want the REAL story, ask me and I'll deliver.

:phone:
LOL

Tell me the REAL story.

I'm just taking a break for a bit. I've disappointed my parents like countless amounts of times (coming home late from tournaments) and I guess Ozzfest was the last straw. Hopefully I can change their minds.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Don't forget me, Illmatic.. I'm gonna be giving you a run for your money as well. Even then, if there is anything I can do to help you out tech wise or MU wise, let me know. As much as I want best Peach as well, I want you to do really damn good too. We're in this together, sorta.

:peach:

D

Deleted member

Wow...as disappointing as it may be to some that you're taking a break from Brawl, seeing that motivation you have to become a "national level threat" sure is inspiring. I really like posts like that.

I look forward to your return. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Do what you need to do broski. I've been there before so I can empathize with your feelings on the matter. Come back stronger than before!

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I agree with KB. While I wouldn't take the tone you have, since we all have those awful tournaments we'd rather forget about, I have to applaud you. Instead of being bullheaded about this entire thing, you're taking a step back, which is sometimes a giant leap forward. Just as long as you don't completely vanish, by all means, take a break.

I'll expect to see you back, though! I've yet to meet you, and this needs to be fixed at some point. *shakes fist*

Nicole

Smash Champion
ill i've been feeling the same way.

after whobo (and even during it really) i felt like your first paragraph. i didnt have a lot of motivation and i couldn't focus on the game or play well at all. i got super depressed and frustrated during all my matches when small things went wrong and i attacked and defended in patterns.

when i had 2link upload those new videos of mine i watched them and they look terrible. it doesnt even look like my usual style.

my goals were similar to yours too, i wanted to take peach to a national level and my logic for it was the same - why couldn't peach do it if ike, sonic, and yoshi can? and i still think she can. but i dont think i can anymore.

honestly, i used to play better when i was totally focused in on the match and didnt think. i dont know if you should start thinking during your matches. it only seems to fluster me and worry me. but you are a confident person, so it may make you play even better.

good luck when you return to tournaments, i have no doubt that you'll continue to perform well. you have the most important tool for winning - self confidence. dont change your style up too much though, it does seem pretty effective. learn new things, but dont forget that abusing your character's good traits is still worth doing.

Life lesson number one, metaphorically learn to let go of frustrations. You need to find the right nodes of thought and repress the negative ones.

Once you accomplish this, I think playing better will come with time. Although, there are a few things you need to push with it.

Always take some time to rethink your goals and not miss the big picture or else you will trap yourself in a bubble where your thinking becomes incapsulated.

Life is philosophy and psychology, and the mentality affects your playing ability. It is always part of the struggle, but only half of it.

z00ted

Dang, thanks everyone for your input!

This wasn't entirely my decision, I ****ed up (staying out too late playing smash) and my parents don't want me to play for a while. Best time to take a break, imo.

Xyro got banned for trolling me... I'm gonna take this up with Mic.

z00ted

Please do. I'm really cool with Xyro and I'm not offended by anything he posts.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Illmatic stayed out past his bedtime beating people up.

Xyro trolls everyone these days. I think he should get banned instead of people letting him slide, but this is an unneeded debate.

Goodluck in future ill.

z00ted

I think the only reason you made this was because you lost to me again.

*pj on ensis account*

w/e zac did the same thing when he lost.
Yeah, exactly.

I lost to you again when I know I can beat you. I wasn't playing with motivation, when I do I stampede you.

Next time my lil pj I got some things in store for your TL.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

Halzy with the TRILLEST talk, as usual.

Neon!

Smash Lord
At least you have something to show for your time with this game, you've beaten top level players in tournament and won countless money matches. I placed 9th at hobo 29 and 4th in mid tier literally only because i know how to abuse bair, I have no originality in my playstyle and have only won one money match. I'll be extremely lucky if I ever get to travel to houston again because of my grades even though I really want to.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
At least you have something to show for your time with this game, you've beaten top level players in tournament and won countless money matches. I placed 9th at hobo 29 and 4th in mid tier literally only because i know how to abuse bair, I have no originality in my playstyle and have only won one money match. I'll be extremely lucky if I ever get to travel to houston again because of my grades even though I really want to.
True, Amen to that one.

You have done so much already in a short time Illy, you got this when you get back. You should practice your tech skill & learn ALL of Peach's ATs if you want to be the BEST Peach. I know DEHF mentions that a lot--to learn all your characters ATs, if you really want to be good. I think you have the wrong approach on learning just from Nicole & Kyon because even though they are really good players, you can learn from ANY Peach player. I promise you that there is something interesting that any Peach player on youtube does. There are TONS of good Peach players that don't even post on this site like Zxv, Siri, Djudjo, and some Mexican Peaches that place top 8--can't think of their names, but you can learn from everyone.

Excel_Zero is still the role model that Peach's should follow because he can perform most of Peach's ATs AND use them properly in matches. He's a pretty smart player too, and his combos are very nice, but we all know that, hehe.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah, so far I've developed my tech game pretty well and I land some of the craziest things on players sometimes.

I can help you with techs if you want, Illmatic. When we meet at another whobo I can help you with that backwards glidetoss and such. :3

:peach:

You got this, mang ;o

Xyless

Smash Master
I've been playing Peach for years and best I've done is getting 97th at MLG Columbus and AT BEST 9th out of, like, 30 at local IL tourneys. I haven't beaten anyone noteworthy at all, last I checked.

Be happy that you at least had an impact. I, too, am taking a break, partly by using different characters (PT and ROB), but mostly just not going to tourneys.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

z00ted

Sweet, he's still my Peach role model :awesome:

Then you should make it Excel_Zero then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pqyObebets
^^^
1st match of WF vs S@nt(TL)

& if the 2nd stock of his match vs ADHD doesn't convince you, then I don't know what will, lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bBVHWzQ_D4
I don't have a role model because I don't want a role model. When you have one you already admit that this person is better than you. I'm willing to learn things from the player but I'm definitely not going to look up to him and place him above me.

These matches aren't great. The metagame is too old and ADHD is not playing the matchup correctly at all. Excel Zero was the first Peach to take her to the next level and play her correctly, I've been saying this forever. He was ahead of his time. I'm not going to look back onto old *** videos to move forward. I'm going to look at what I did wrong and what other top Peaches these days are doing right to learn.

LMFAO!! HARD TRUTH!!!
Hope you come back soon, we still need to team lol.
Dphat always puts me in my place <3

We will team soon :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd always considered admitting there are those above you was the first step to knowing who to beat next, since it's otherwise rather hard to gauge improvement or skill in a vacuum.

z00ted

I'll admit to someone being better than me, but I will never admit to me not being able to surpass them.

I just don't like "role models". I tend to figure stuff out on my own.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I don't have a role model because I don't want a role model. When you have one you already admit that this person is better than you. I'm willing to learn things from the player but I'm definitely not going to look up to him and place him above me.

These matches aren't great. The metagame is too old and ADHD is not playing the matchup correctly at all. Excel Zero was the first Peach to take her to the next level and play her correctly, I've been saying this forever. He was ahead of his time. I'm not going to look back onto old *** videos to move forward. I'm going to look at what I did wrong and what other top Peaches these days are doing right to learn.
I couldn't disagree more.

Who ever said having a role model is the same as putting said person on an unreachable pedestal above you? Believe me, I encourage independent development...hell I was one of the few around here who didn't really participate in too many group discussions back then or even now because I was busy shaping my own style up from the ground! That doesn't mean that I shouldn't say Excel was/is my role model. He was basically the pioneer of this character's development, whether he was ahead of his time or not. The same could be said about M2K since he was ahead of everyone else except Ally for a good 2 years, and he's still seen as the greatest mind/talent behind his character.

I don't like to dwell on the past too much, but one can't deny that Excel still has the best consistent placings with this character to date, and more tournament wins than any of us. If you can cite anything that even hints at "permanently better than us" from that then by all means do tell; because all I see is someone to shoot towards surpassing, which is something that I've been trying to accomplish ever since the beginning of '09 when his combo video came out and opened my eyes to what this character could do. It's admittedly one of the reasons I'm still pushing forward with this *****.

I get what you're saying, believe me. I just don't agree with not taking a thing or two from the people who've shaped this character up. You'd be surprised what fundamentals you can be reminded of by observing older things. Just trust me on this.

z00ted

*takes notes*

Excel placed consistently in Puerto Rico though. Remember that.

Top Bottom